Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Most of Griffin's wind-up Dunks are Offensive Fouls

When Griffin does his 'jump from far' wind-up dunks, he almost always sends his off arm forearm out in a protective swiping motion.

This should easily be called as a clear out offensive foul every time, but because of the NBA-star-make-money corruption stuff, the refs never call it.

Best example yet is the dunk on Gasol (and I hate Lakers so trust me this is objective), he sends a forearm shudder straight into Gasol's neck, and then also stares him down after (again, should be an automatic Tech).

Furthermore to the offensive foul and T, if that forearm to head would be considered to be purposeful, it should be an automatic suspension as well for purposeful contact to the head.

I don't dislike Griffin, I dislike the NBA's ridiculous favoring and protecting of its main money-makers, and Griffin needs to realize he's cheating to get those dunks in and to town down the stupid cockeyness, you had to clear out to get almost all those dunks, moron.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Most of Griffin's wind-up Dunks are Offensive Fouls

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
    When Griffin does his 'jump from far' wind-up dunks, he almost always sends his off arm forearm out in a protective swiping motion.

This should easily be called as a clear out offensive foul every time, but because of the NBA-star-make-money corruption stuff, the refs never call it.

Best example yet is the dunk on Gasol (and I hate Lakers so trust me this is objective), he sends a forearm shudder straight into Gasol's neck, and then also stares him down after (again, should be an automatic Tech).

Furthermore to the offensive foul and T, if that forearm to head would be considered to be purposeful, it should be an automatic suspension as well for purposeful contact to the head.

I don't dislike Griffin, I dislike the NBA's ridiculous favoring and protecting of its main money-makers, and Griffin needs to realize he's cheating to get those dunks in and to town down the stupid cockeyness, you had to clear out to get almost all those dunks, moron.
    inb4 clippersfan

I agree on the Gasol dunk. But just out of the sake of this thread, which other dunks vary into an offensive foul or technical situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    I agree on the Gasol dunk. But just out of the sake of this thread, which other dunks vary into an offensive foul or technical situation?
    Generally his 'not dunk' dunks where he throws the ball in, he uses his off arm in all of those to clear out/push up off the defender. While not as bad as a shot to the head, these are still offensive clear outs (you know these dunks, Mosgov, Perkins, etc etc).

Good High School Starter

well if were going to get this petty....can the lakers give the 76ers the 2001 championship for Shaqs continuous blatant offensive fouls?

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    well if were going to get this petty....can the lakers give the 76ers the 2001 championship for Shaqs continuous blatant offensive fouls?
    THIS.

Shaq got bludgeoned Mutombo's face each and every game.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I think guys got a point though. Backing down somebody compared to pushing someone off are pretty different. Griffin does intentionally push off.

Good High School Starter

people only dissect your dunks when they get their heads yammed on....its just too easy to know the motivations behind these threads...just admit your butthurt blake dunks on everybody and keep it moving....

people only dissect your dunks when they get their heads yammed on....its just too easy to know the motivations behind these threads...just admit your butthurt blake dunks on everybody and keep it moving....
    How is the guy butthurt? He's defending blake at the same time? You're drawing conclusions, which is seemingly more butthurt.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    How is the guy butthurt? He's defending blake at the same time? You're drawing conclusions, which is seemingly more butthurt.

the point is people act like blake is the only one that commits offensive fouls on highlight dunks, or other big plays...you see no threads about anyone else....but when blake does it, everybody has to have a conference call about it? its just annoying....like Kobe Bryant said, its a legitimate dunk, lets move on....its pretty much nothing to talk about.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

honestly i notice this too its like impossible to challenge his shot because he is leading with his off hand pushing back the defender so they cant close the gap in the air. just watch the ibaka dunk from last night

Last edited by Phong; 04-12-2012 at 12:28 PM.

the point is people act like blake is the only one that commits offensive fouls on highlight dunks, or other big plays...you see no threads about anyone else....but when blake does it, everybody has to have a conference call about it? its just annoying....like Kobe Bryant said, its a legitimate dunk, lets move on....its pretty much nothing to talk about.
    But he is the best example in this case because it's the most blatantly obvious, just like you specifically pointed out Shaq for his clearouts, or how people point out Iverson for carrying. He's not saying he hates the player He, just like my other examples, happens to be the best examples.

You pointed out Shaq for clearouts, can we assume you hate Shaq and he's getting unfairly treated?

phong

did he really slap congo cash in the face???? the audacity of him to do that

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phong

thank you phong :) was too lazy to look for picts