Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Cleveland need to trade Waiters?

Cavs need to dump Waiters before the All Star break IMO. He's going to be the scapegoat, chemistry killer, and the guy who ultimately will hold them back. Pretty much everyone with a brain can see that. Add another spot up shooter for Kyrie, and LeBron to kick it out to on the wings. Where would be a good potential deal for him?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Will Cleveland need to trade Waiters?

No wtf, he looked really good so far in the pre season.

And he was doing well after the all star break last year too

Banned

I like Waiters game but I don't see him fitting in long term there. A lot of the media seem to be acting like the Kyrie vs Waiters problems were fact rather than rumour. If that's the case then yeah I think he may cause problems.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

No. Stick to Jordan.

Doubt it. Lebron's on court traits tend to rub off on his teammates. Before Lebron went to Miami Wade admitted that he never gave a damn about efficiency. Then Lebron gets there and the two of them are having field goal percentage competitions. Wade realized that he had to adjust his playing style for the betterment of the team, even if it wasn't easy all the time. I think the same will happen with Waiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    No. Stick to Jordan.
    lol

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Waiters...the Percy Harvin of the NBA. He will be traded mid-season.

Nah he seems like he's really bought into Blatt's system and he's killing it both offensively and defensively this preseason. I think he's gonna be in for a fantastic year.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dion Waiters will be the player making clutch plays in a pivotal game 7 in the 4th quarter.
    "Waiters for three BANG ! Cavs up by four and Spurs will take a time out.
    DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH
    DUH DUH DUH
    DUH DUH DUH DUH
    DUH
    DUH DUH
    DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH "

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Before Lebron went to Miami Wade admitted that he never gave a damn about efficiency.
    You are one lying POS.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    You are one lying POS.
    Maybe I exaggerated a tad, but Wade obviously didn't care AS MUCH about being efficient prior to Lebron. In interviews he talked about how before he teamed up with Lebron he would shoot the ball whenever he felt like it, but after they joined forces he felt like he had to pass the ball more so that the team could get the best shot possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Nah he seems like he's really bought into Blatt's system and he's killing it both offensively and defensively this preseason. I think he's gonna be in for a fantastic year.
    How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving last year when nothing was at stake.

Why? He's a combo guard who needs the ball in his hands.

Now you've got LeBron, and Love? The ability to compete for championships. Waiters has been itching to spread his wings as a solo act for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy.

Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving. Why? He's a combo guard who needs the ball in his hands. Now you've got LeBron, and Love? He's been trying to spread his wings for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy. Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?
    I don't think they can get any other guy like him right now that can take over games whenever the big 3 are off or not on the court.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving last year when nothing was at stake.

Why? He's a combo guard who needs the ball in his hands.

Now you've got LeBron, and Love? The ability to compete for championships. Waiters has been itching to spread his wings as a solo act for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy.

Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?
    What was the recent story about point guard? He said something about how the team has no back up point guard and he should be playing that role? Even though Dellevadovas filling that spot. I didn't get the full story on it.