Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Phoenix Interested In Pau Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    You do realize that almost half of Pau's contract has already been paid. So yeah the Lakers wouldn't be saving as much money as you think. Okafor's contract alone is not a desirable asset or else more teams would have actually showed interest.
    I'll add if it was just a salary dump they would have jumped all over the Bynum trade and just waived Bynum and really shed some salary

It's not about the money it's about pieces for the future

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I'll add if it was just a salary dump they would have jumped all over the Bynum trade and just waived Bynum and really shed some salary

this

Quote Originally Posted by gts

I think it's a combination of both 50-50. Lakers already have a top-10 pick locked if they continue at current pace. They won't get another top-10 pick for Gasol - they're simply trying to maximize their draft-pick as much as possible.

I have a feeling they know Gasol won't be taking a big paycut so they want to move him before they're forced to give him what he wants. Lakers also don't want him to leave for nothing in return like Dwight did. This only leaves them the option to trade. They will keep trying to maximize what they can, but he is definitely gone - even if they are forced to go for one of the Suns lower first-round picks.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think it's a combination of both 50-50. Lakers already have a top-10 pick locked if they continue at current pace. They won't get another top-10 pick for Gasol - they're simply trying to maximize their draft-pick as much as possible.

I have a feeling they know Gasol won't be taking a big paycut so they want to move him before they're forced to give him what he wants. Lakers also don't want him to leave for nothing in return like Dwight did. This only leaves them the option to trade. They will keep trying to maximize what they can, but he is definitely gone - even if they are forced to go for one of the Suns lower first-round picks.
    top 10? u serious?

the way players are getting injured and the Lakers having the 3rd toughest remaining schedule, they will be picking up top 3