Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow Nets 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread!

We can talk about anything Nets related here throughout the offseason!

What do you guys think of the new head coach?
    What do you guys think about Tim Walsh getting fired?

Default Re: Nets 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread!

Well can anyone enlighten me why we were sitting Brook Lopez and Thaddeus young since 10 games left in the regular season? Tanking for the Celtics? I dont understand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well can anyone enlighten me why we were sitting Brook Lopez and Thaddeus young since 10 games left in the regular season? Tanking for the Celtics? I dont understand at all.
    They were playing for nothing anyway so they got all that they could out of the younger players. But even then they "rested" Hollis-Jefferson as well. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    They were playing for nothing anyway so they got all that they could out of the younger players. But even then they "rested" Hollis-Jefferson as well. So who knows.
    That really sucks, it hurts when I see Celtics fans maliciously rooting for us to lose. I hope they get as low a pick as possible, hopefully 5-6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    That really sucks, it hurts when I see Celtics fans maliciously rooting for us to lose. I hope they get as low a pick as possible, hopefully 5-6th.
    Knowing our luck, they get 1-3 lol.

What do you guys think will happen this off season? Will it be like 2010 where we strike out on every big name FA? Hopefully being in Brooklyn will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Knowing our luck, they get 1-3 lol.

What do you guys think will happen this off season? Will it be like 2010 where we strike out on every big name FA? Hopefully being in Brooklyn will change that.
    Ideally we strike for big name FA, but make sure their contract length is no more than 3 years. The Nets have no pick until 2018, so we must avoid tanking until then. If everything works out, we tank in 2019 with all these contracts expiring, grabbing a 1-4 pick, and land some superstars.

Remember we also have to pay Deron's buyout contract for the next 4 years, which pretty much cut down the cap space we have. Damn Deron f*cked the Nets over so bad, I hope he breaks his legs in Dallas.

As a nets fan I give up hoping for the best. I hope they can at least get a couple of players that can start for them. I wouldn't be mad with Jeremy Lin. I doubt Durant comes here. Or Derozoan.... I like Conley but don't see that happening either. Get some quality players and I'll be happy. No more being bad for the Celtics advantage please! That's all I ask lol

Not airballing my layups anymore

After hearing KA talking on the Vertical pod, I think they'll definitely be looking into some international free agents and hoping they can tap that resource over the next few seasons. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they brought a few guys over to try out for the team.

   

whoa... i didn't even see this thread until just now. anyway, i think the most important things for the nets are the continued org building and the making of smart decisions.

make one good decision, then another, and then another. act out of patience, not urgency. good things will eventually happen.

my guess as to the tim walsh situation is that marks talked to him about modernising his techniques, and walsh responded with something like "i've been doing this stuff for X years and am regarded as one of the best in the business. i'm going to do what i think is right." ...and marks' decision was made.

i'm not worried about the celtics-owned picks. what happens with those picks has only the slightest bearing on the nets' future. the only reason to worry about them is as an act of hand-wringing and saying "oh woe, what could have been." yeah, screw that noise.

a reasonable goal for the offseason would be to pick up some interesting prospects to either stash or add to the long island nets. having a d-league team should be very helpful, particularly in the years to come.

who knows... maybe atkinson can rehabilitate one of the PG's on the roster. it seems to be his specialty, plus the words of joe johnson echo in my head-- "too many guys were just playing for their own stats last season."

a reasonable goal for next season would be to overtake the knicks and see more development out of the three prospects (RHJ, brown, mccullough). it sounds like they are working hard during this offseason, so that's a positive sign. if the team merely picks up where it left before thad and brook were shelved, it's at least going to be a well-playing team.

With all the staff Marks and his new staff are getting rid of, I can see the same exact thing with the roster. I can't wait to see the new roster.

Bully King's shooting coach hire David Nurse was just canned.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Bully King's shooting coach hire David Nurse was just canned.
    that didn't take long to fix.

now we have KD's shooting coach.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    that didn't take long to fix.

now we have KD's shooting coach.
    Good signing. Hopefully this will improve RHJ's jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Good signing. Hopefully this will improve RHJ's jumper.
    As well as Markel and CMC's! T rob is opting out so we really need CMC to be productive.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Rumor has it that nets are interested in Howard ...

Lopez can be a sign and trade for harrison barnes .

Kevin love might not be a cavs next season so who knows

either get lawson or rondo best case would be conley.

Prok said they want to win marks would do that if GSW doesnt pay barnes am sure he would thrive in the east.

   

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    Rumor has it that nets are interested in Howard ...

Lopez can be a sign and trade for harrison barnes .

Kevin love might not be a cavs next season so who knows

either get lawson or rondo best case would be conley.

Prok said they want to win marks would do that if GSW doesnt pay barnes am sure he would thrive in the east.
    as an actual nets fan, i hope that everything you just said is wrong and completely baseless.