Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: 2014-2015 Premier Predictions, Rankings AKA The Thing I Eventually Stop Updating

I'm so excited. The hottest team Sky vs the 2nd Hottest team. The match up of the year (until I face Stat!)

Not mad I'm ranked behind guys I already beat badly.
    Last edited by Rameek; 01-13-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

Default Re: 2014-2015 Premier Predictions, Rankings AKA The Thing I Eventually Stop Updating

No power rankings, just going to post some predictions of what will unfold the last ~6 weeks of this season, including playoffs.

Final Standings

1. Overdosed Redux
    2. D.R.A.K.E.
    3. Big Poppa PUMPIN
    4. iamgine
    5. TysonChandlerParsons
    6. Pocahontas

Where Could I Go Wrong?: I see two potential mistakes. First, Big Poppa PUMPIN may have the inside track to the 2nd bye over D.R.A.K.E., if that occurs, I'd expect D.R.A.K.E. to slide into the 3 spot and take out Pocahontas and again, Big Poppa PUMPIN in round 2.

Secondly, I have team Pocahontas collecting a lopsided victory over sizz next week which will allow him to capture the 6 seed. If he's unable to win 7-2 or better, I like the Dream Team to capture the 6 seed. Saying that, I can't shake the feeling that Dream Team will do something especially stupid managerial wise, costing himself his season. Dream Team has shown himself to be probably the worst in-matchup manager Premier has ever seen, if he can get out of his own way, he may qualify for playoffs. Regardless, I do not see either Pocahontas or Dream Team lasting past the 3/6 matchup (I do believe Dream Team has better shot of an upset in a 3/6 matchup)

Playoffs:

Big Poppa PUMPIN defeat Pocahontas 6-3, advances to play D.R.A.K.E.
    TysonChandlerParsons defeat iamgine 5-4, advances to play Overdosed Redux

Comments: Big Poppa PUMPIN is hitting his stride at the right time, may have the return of Durant, and made some solid trades before the deadline. I think he collects a comfortable win. TysonChandlerParsons avoided near disaster with a deadline Wes Matthews trade. I look at this matchup as "big vs small" and I think the core bigs TCP has assembled is good enough to collect a rather straight forward (in terms of categories won), but tight, victory.

D.R.A.K.E. defeat Big Poppa PUMPIN 5-4, advances to finals
    Overdosed Redux defeat TysonChandlerParsons 6-3, advances to finals

Comments: I think D.R.A.K.E. versus Big Poppa Pumping can be the matchup of the year, but in the end, I believe D.R.A.K.E.'s end of the season waiver wire ability and strategic planning will be enough to secure a tight 5-4 victory. In the other matchup, as he has been all year long, I simply expect talent to win out, end of the road for a quality TysonChandlerParsons squad.

Big Poppa PUMPIN defeat TysonChandlerParsons 5-4, Big Poppa PUMPIN 3rd place finisher

D.R.A.K.E. defeat Overdosed Redux 5-4, Overdosed Redux 2nd place finisher, D.R.A.K.E. 2015 Premier League Basketball Champion

Comments: Big Poppa PUMPIN handles TCP in a competitive 3rd place matchup. In the grand final, in an upset, experience and desire overcomes odds as D.R.A.K.E. claims his 4th title in the matchup everyone has been anticipating for the last 5 months. After a 1-1 season series that ended 9-9-0, D.R.A.K.E. uses his fresh roster while Overdosed Redux struggles with people getting rested and an inability to effectively navigate the wire in the end of the season.

Spoilers? The obvious candidate would be Keyser Soze Reborn, however, I suspect that injuries have forced him out of time. A top 6 worthy team that couldn't consistently field his entire team. As a Blake Griffin return is near, he will surely be a brutal matchup the last few weeks, and I would expect has the inside track to the Consolation Championship? Team supercool unfortunately paid the Kings ransom for Wes Matthews only to watch his achilles explode, as it stands, this team is left void of talent and no comeback is in the cards this year. A disappointing end for what was a very competitive and respectable performance all year from Team supercool.

THEY DON'T KNOW TIL THEY KNOW

I SEE A PATH TO... #VICTORY

YOU CAN DELAY BUT YOU CANNOT DENY
    THE TITLE WILL BE MINE

BETTER THAN YOU ON MY WORST DAY

WRITE IT DOWN, TELL YOUR FAMILIES, TITLE #4 IS MINE

Worst predictions EVER. I mean besides for choosing a 1st round exitee as the champion, you didn't even get the playoff picture right. Should've waited till the playoffs were set before you made all these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    No power rankings, just going to post some predictions of what will unfold the last ~6 weeks of this season, including playoffs.

Final Standings

1. Overdosed Redux
    2. D.R.A.K.E.
    3. Big Poppa PUMPIN
    4. iamgine
    5. TysonChandlerParsons
    6. Pocahontas

Where Could I Go Wrong?: I see two potential mistakes. First, Big Poppa PUMPIN may have the inside track to the 2nd bye over D.R.A.K.E., if that occurs, I'd expect D.R.A.K.E. to slide into the 3 spot and take out Pocahontas and again, Big Poppa PUMPIN in round 2.

Secondly, I have team Pocahontas collecting a lopsided victory over sizz next week which will allow him to capture the 6 seed. If he's unable to win 7-2 or better, I like the Dream Team to capture the 6 seed. Saying that, I can't shake the feeling that Dream Team will do something especially stupid managerial wise, costing himself his season. Dream Team has shown himself to be probably the worst in-matchup manager Premier has ever seen, if he can get out of his own way, he may qualify for playoffs. Regardless, I do not see either Pocahontas or Dream Team lasting past the 3/6 matchup (I do believe Dream Team has better shot of an upset in a 3/6 matchup)

Playoffs:

Big Poppa PUMPIN defeat Pocahontas 6-3, advances to play D.R.A.K.E.
    TysonChandlerParsons defeat iamgine 5-4, advances to play Overdosed Redux

Comments: Big Poppa PUMPIN is hitting his stride at the right time, may have the return of Durant, and made some solid trades before the deadline. I think he collects a comfortable win. TysonChandlerParsons avoided near disaster with a deadline Wes Matthews trade. I look at this matchup as "big vs small" and I think the core bigs TCP has assembled is good enough to collect a rather straight forward (in terms of categories won), but tight, victory.

D.R.A.K.E. defeat Big Poppa PUMPIN 5-4, advances to finals
    Overdosed Redux defeat TysonChandlerParsons 6-3, advances to finals

Comments: I think D.R.A.K.E. versus Big Poppa Pumping can be the matchup of the year, but in the end, I believe D.R.A.K.E.'s end of the season waiver wire ability and strategic planning will be enough to secure a tight 5-4 victory. In the other matchup, as he has been all year long, I simply expect talent to win out, end of the road for a quality TysonChandlerParsons squad.

Big Poppa PUMPIN defeat TysonChandlerParsons 5-4, Big Poppa PUMPIN 3rd place finisher

D.R.A.K.E. defeat Overdosed Redux 5-4, Overdosed Redux 2nd place finisher, D.R.A.K.E. 2015 Premier League Basketball Champion

Comments: Big Poppa PUMPIN handles TCP in a competitive 3rd place matchup. In the grand final, in an upset, experience and desire overcomes odds as D.R.A.K.E. claims his 4th title in the matchup everyone has been anticipating for the last 5 months. After a 1-1 season series that ended 9-9-0, D.R.A.K.E. uses his fresh roster while Overdosed Redux struggles with people getting rested and an inability to effectively navigate the wire in the end of the season.

Spoilers? The obvious candidate would be Keyser Soze Reborn, however, I suspect that injuries have forced him out of time. A top 6 worthy team that couldn't consistently field his entire team. As a Blake Griffin return is near, he will surely be a brutal matchup the last few weeks, and I would expect has the inside track to the Consolation Championship? Team supercool unfortunately paid the Kings ransom for Wes Matthews only to watch his achilles explode, as it stands, this team is left void of talent and no comeback is in the cards this year. A disappointing end for what was a very competitive and respectable performance all year from Team supercool.

THEY DON'T KNOW TIL THEY KNOW

I SEE A PATH TO... #VICTORY

YOU CAN DELAY BUT YOU CANNOT DENY
    THE TITLE WILL BE MINE

BETTER THAN YOU ON MY WORST DAY

WRITE IT DOWN, TELL YOUR FAMILIES, TITLE #4 IS MINE
    Evidently I can't predict seeds for shit, but I got the 6 teams involved in the title race correct.

Predictions:

[COLOR="Red"]4 Pocahontas vs 5 D.R.A.K.E.[/COLOR]

Season Series: 2-0 Pocahontas (12-6-0 Pocahontas)

Prediction: D.R.A.K.E. in an upset via back alley murder, 5-4 final.

X-Factor: Isaiah Thomas - rumoured to be sometime midweek, if he can get in 3 games, will be a huge boost. Regardless, this lifeless corpse will be on my roster until the end.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]3 TysonChandlerParsons vs 6 Big Poppa PUMPIN[/COLOR]

Season Series: 2-0 TysonChandlerParsons (11-7-0 TysonChandlerParsons)

Prediction: TysonChandlerParsons wins 6-3

X-Factor: Injury - Big Poppa PUMPIN has already cut bait with his playoff reinforcement, Kevin Durant. Now, LaMarcus Aldridge is battling an injury and Tobias Harris has found himself out of the past few games, this is the heart of the Big Poppa PUMPIN roster and I'm not sure he'll be able to get through the week versus a team he has already struggled with.

Prediction: D.R.A.K.E. in an upset via back alley murder, 5-4 final.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    We could have discussed it in chat on Sunday because I show up every day, win or lose. Then again, it'd be a pointless conversation to have, you've never been involved in a Premier League playoff match so what can you tell me? How to choke against the worst teams in the league? How to miss the playoffs? How to come up 0.5 games short? To throw when I should run? So you can educate me on the merits of early season rest? So that you can lose twice to the worst team in Premier History? So that you can lose to me 5-4, the ultimate difference between me in the playoffs and you out of the playoffs? You have a historical player putting up 24/8/4 with 4.5 threes, 2 steals per game on 46/95, combined with two bigs each getting 16 rebs and 2 blocks per game, and you missed the playoffs. You'll never have that core of talent again, and you could only manage 7th place with it. Without doubt, your team is 100% more talented than my team, but without doubt, I am far better than you will be. I am far better than you will ever dream to be. In what world could you ever be better than me? Such a world does not exist. 7th place with that season from Curry, not to mention Deandre, Drummond, Draymond, Ariza, Rubio, simply embarrassing. I feel bad for those players, they deserved better than your incompetent ass.

Keep managing your consolation roster acting like you ain't trying to get that meaningless title. I see you. Irrelevant as always.

We could have discussed it in chat on Sunday because I show up every day, win or lose. Then again, it'd be a pointless conversation to have, you've never been involved in a Premier League playoff match so what can you tell me? How to choke against the worst teams in the league? How to miss the playoffs? How to come up 0.5 games short? To throw when I should run? So you can educate me on the merits of early season rest? So that you can lose twice to the worst team in Premier History? So that you can lose to me 5-4, the ultimate difference between me in the playoffs and you out of the playoffs? You have a historical player putting up 24/8/4 with 4.5 threes, 2 steals per game on 46/95, combined with two bigs each getting 16 rebs and 2 blocks per game, and you missed the playoffs. You'll never have that core of talent again, and you could only manage 7th place with it. Without doubt, your team is 100% more talented than my team, but without doubt, I am far better than you will be. I am far better than you will ever dream to be. In what world could you ever be better than me? Such a world does not exist. 7th place with that season from Curry, not to mention Deandre, Drummond, Draymond, Ariza, Rubio, simply embarrassing. I feel bad for those players, they deserved better than your incompetent ass.

Keep managing your consolation roster acting like you ain't trying to get that meaningless title. I see you. Irrelevant as always.
    Look there is 1 champion, EVERYONE else is a loser and irrelevant. Don't act like you did something more special than me this year, because you didn't. You lost. No one cares if you make playoffs if you don't bring home the championship. And if you are proud of making the playoffs and call that an accomplishment, you are even more pathetic than I first thought.

I at least know that I was closer to winning the championship than you. Just 0.5 games more, and after that I had a good shot as anyone to win it. You and your squad NEVER had a shot. As you admit, it didn't have the talent level to compete with the big dogs like my squad did. I went 7-3 against the playoff teams and 5-1 against the Final 4 teams remaining. I know I was making the playoffs away from a serious title shot. While you, never had a shot to begin with with your weak ass roster. I had a very talented roster that could take out anyone. Statman even knew I was his biggest threat, its why he picked up Dwight to give himself the advantage over me, but when I got back Dwight tides had shifted. In fact, with the talent that was on my team, I may have been the "expected" winner of that matchup if it ever occurred.

So I knew I was 0.5 away. You, you were never even close despite making playoffs. But does that take any of my pain away? No. I'm still completely devastated and wish not to talk about this. But I sure don't know why you are boasting like you won the championship. Oh well, I guess the weak like you should be proud of making playoffs.

Congrats on the amazing season bro