Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: Jeremy Lin 2012-2013 salary prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why right now as opposed to seeing the rest of the season.
    Exactly. Lets calm down. Lets see how he does against teams that aren't the Nets, Wizards, etc. The Knicks are in the drivers seat. This is a guy that was in the NBDL on Jan 20th. Lets not go giving him a max deal just yet.

College superstar

I'd also like to point out that Wesley Matthews has a better deal than Blake Griffin. They came out the same year and Blake went #1. Matthews was an undrafted FA and got a 1 yr deal. The Blazers liked what they saw enough to give him a bigger deal after one year than the #1 overall pick had gotten. If Lin keeps this up he will do just fine.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The only team I would be scared to lose him to is Golden State, since that's the team he grew up liking. With the endorsements he can get in NY from the huge Asian community, I don't see him leaving for anywhere else (other than GS).

NYK cant be that stuuuuuup...wait
    5 Mill is ****ing cheap for the highest IQ in the league, did you even watch him play, the guy's cognitive and emotional intelligence is ridiculous on both ends, this is the type of guy that deserves good money, not the physically superior. This guy can have more impact on this team than Melo can. Keep on hating, just remember to eat back your own sht when this guy lead knicks to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by June1026
    5 Mill is ****ing cheap for the highest IQ in the league, did you even watch him play, the guy's cognitive and emotional intelligence is ridiculous on both ends, this is the type of guy that deserves good money, not the physically superior. This guy can have more impact on this team than Melo can. Keep on hating, just remember to eat back your own sht when this guy lead knicks to the playoffs.
    Yes 3 games vs bad defenses deserves $5mil after he was called up from NBDL. You're stupid. Overpay the kid if you want.

I'm gonna go on a Linb and say max deal

you kidding me with this MLE shit? MAX money. complete domination of the chinese market

I hope Coon is right that we could re-sign him for the average NBA salary with early Bird rights (around $5 mil- if he keeps this up) because no other team will be allowed to give him more (rules as stated earlier, you can't go from $800k as a 2nd/3rd year player to a MAX guy or anything about the average salary). It's kinda like with Wes Mathews, the max he could've made was the MLE (which is what he got). And it'll be the same with Landry Fields too.

NY better re-sign these guys. We need to build some conistency. All the good teams have had a core together for a few years. That doesn't mean you can't go out and make moves, it just means there should be like 6-8 guys that stay on the roster and build chemistry IMO. With us it should be Melo, Amar'e, Tyson, Shumpert, Landry, Lin and Harrelson. Perfect mix of vets and young guys. And if Lin keeps it up, we could end up going after a wing or 6th man instead of a PG in the summer. If Wilson Chandler takes a one year from Denver when he comes back (likely), he could be unrestricted this summer and we could end up re-signing Landry and Lin while keeping our MLE for a guy like Wilson (if he takes the MLE which is a pay cut for him).
    Last edited by MeLO MvP 15; 02-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Yes 3 games vs bad defenses deserves $5mil after he was called up from NBDL. You're stupid. Overpay the kid if you want.
    The assumption is he continues to play in this same type of competent manner, i don't think the discussion is reup him tomorrow. If he puts up, let's say 12-8 for the season, $10M on 2 years is not terrible, a little overpaid but considering how over the cap we are, who cares?

if he starts sucking this discussion is pretty easily finished.