Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: SportsVu Data Proves Lebron Dominates the Ball Like a Point Guard

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel

Lebron averaged 6.4 assists if we compare it to the PG's above him, im pretty sure they would be comparable...
    that's the point - lebron dominates the ball, which makes it easier to rack up assists, yet he only averages 6.4 assists in the playoffs, which is basically the same as off-ball players Bird (6.5) and Jordan (5.7).

so lebron underachieves as a passer compared to guys like Jordan and Bird who averaged the same assists playing off-ball.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    that's the point - lebron dominates the ball, which makes it easier to rack up assists, yet he only averages 6.4 assists in the playoffs, which is basically the same as off-ball players Bird (6.5) and Jordan (5.7).

so lebron underachieves as a passer compared to guys like Jordan and Bird who averaged the same assists playing off-ball.
    You can't be that stupid, your own data showed that some PG's dominate the ball more than him and average less assists... We don't have such statistics during Jordans era, but it's quite obvious Jordan used a lot of possessions. (Usage rate). Face it Lebron is a more efficient scorer and playmaker than Jordan...

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Anyone else underwhelmed by just 37th? I thought he surely he would have been top 15... And this was WITH WADE OUT and Chalmers on his usual garbage trip.
    Who cares?

HE'S THE ONLY NON-POINT GUARD IN THE TOP 50

At 37th, there were 13 point guards BELOW him.

imagine how he would rank in his cleveland days when he didn't play off-ball at all.

now that we know definitively that lebron dominates the ball, we also know that he underachieves as a passer compared to guys like Jordan and Bird who averaged the same assists playing off-ball.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I'll take kennethegriffin back over this faggot anyday

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    ur salty as hell because i've proved lebron's inferiority to MJ as a passer..

thanks jlip for the SportsVu data!!!....

now that we know definitively that lebron dominates the ball, we also know that he underachieves as a passer compared to guys like Jordan and Bird who averaged the same assists playing off-ball.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Who cares?

imagine how he would rank in his cleveland days when he didn't play off-ball at all.

Can I have proof, you've provided the statistics on Lebron, now find them for Jordan. Otherwise stfu with this baseless speculation.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

ur salty as hell because i've proved lebron's inferiority to MJ as a passer..

thanks jlip for the SportsVu data!!!....

lol sorry bud but the eye test says otherwise. LeBron > MJ as a passer. MJ > LeBron at nearly everything else but 3 pt shooting

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel

baseless

the SportsVu data is about as substantive as you can get... again, thanks jlip.

And we actually do have data for Jordan as a primary ballhandler - he was put at point guard for the last 24 games of the 1989 season, and he averaged 30.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 10.9 assists, with a stretch of 10 triple-doubles in 11 games.

Jordan's stretch as a primary ballhandler was clearly far better than Lebron has done in his entire career dominating the ball, and the numbers themselves are so ridiculous that they can only be viewed as a good indication of Jordan's own capability as the primary ballhandler... it's impossible to rack up those kind of numbers by chance.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Through 11 seasons:

Michael Jordan: 33.5% Usage
    5.7 assists per game, 1.97 AST/TO ratio

Lebron James: 31.6% Usage
    6.9 assists per game, 2.09 AST/TO ratio

Considering they both dominate the ball like point guards, seems to me like Lebron is just a bit better at playing like a point guard.
    Ether.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Through 11 seasons:

Michael Jordan: 33.5% Usage
    5.7 assists per game, 1.97 AST/TO ratio

Lebron James: 31.6% Usage
    6.9 assists per game, 2.09 AST/TO ratio

Considering they both dominate the ball like point guards, seems to me like Lebron is just a bit better at playing like a point guard.
    This...Lebron is a more willing passer.....

Who cares?

Actually it proves that Jordan and Bird had much better finishers as teammates than LeBron did in Cleveland. Not breaking news.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

he might actually be worse.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    This...Lebron is a more willing passer.....
    As other people said, usage rate doesn't mean time of possession of the ball. It means the percentage of team plays used by a player while he is on the floor. Like for example, Shaq had a usage rate of 31.8% in 2002. Does this mean he hold the ball more than Kobe who had a usage rate of 30.4% in 2002? Nope.

But LeBron does seem like a more willing passer than Jordan to me. And APG doesn't necessary mean better passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    he might actually be worse.
    you guys are seriously mad because i posted stats that show lebron dominates the ball, which proves he underachieves with his assist totals?

this is a perfectly reasonable conclusion to arrive at when looking at the stats - i.e. massive ball-dominator with greater surrounding talent only averages 6.4 assists and gets worse results - this means his passing is overrated... period....
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-16-2014 at 06:07 PM.

this