Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Default Re: Former NBA Ref says "Jordan's push off was an offensive foul..."

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    So players weren't playing defense back then, just attacking players because they weren't skilled enough to play real defense?
    ....They played defense dude....just if you started killing them or having your way,..... if you went to the hole, they wanted to let you know.."If you come in here, your going to get hit. "Unlike today's players and their "soccer" style flops.

WTF? Of course it was a freaking foul.

NBA rookie of the year

Basketball's become pussified just like soccer. There was barely any contact there.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-04-2014 at 08:37 PM.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

He's absolutely right. In a vacuum, that was definitely a foul on MJ and also the reffing is getting worse and worse.

Best part is the defender is looking right at Wade and KNOWS there's no call coming.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    So players weren't playing defense back then, just attacking players because they weren't skilled enough to play real defense?

Dafense was more physical back then. Some Flagrant 2 fouls today would be regular fouls back then. Right now you stare at someone you will get a tech. League has gone soft.

High School Starter

I like mj best player ever unanimously in my book but if roles were reversed and byron took the shot and pushed off it would of been called an offensive, ya'all know im right

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    I like mj best player ever unanimously in my book but if roles were reversed and byron took the shot and pushed off it would of been called an offensive, ya'all know im right
    ORLY?

Then why wasn't Reggile Miller's shoving of Jordan called an offensive foul?

If that little tap of Jordan was called a foul. It would be one of the lamest offensive fouls ever. He barely touched him. Russell fell most likely due to momentum and broken ankles.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    ORLY?

Then why wasn't Reggile Miller's shoving of Jordan called an offensive foul?

If that little tap of Jordan was called a foul. It would be one of the lamest offensive fouls ever. He barely touched him. Russell fell most likely due to momentum and broken ankles.
    I got no horse in this race, you on the other hand lol

Serious playground baller

It was a push off of course, but no worse than what a lot of players have done on a lot of shots. I dont think its anything too major in that it happens quite often. Officiating really is that bad.

What shocks me more than anything watching MJ vids 20 years later is that man was almost always single covered. We see kobe and LBJ (possibly the most doubled player ive ever seen late in games on the Cavs) have another man sent towards them countless times on game winners, but Jordan seems to have gone 1 on 1 much more frequently.

Any way to check kobe vs LBJ vs MJ on game winning shot attempts/passes and the coverage on those?

That would have been the weakest offensive foul ever if it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    It was a push off of course, but no worse than what a lot of players have done on a lot of shots. I dont think its anything too major in that it happens quite often. Officiating really is that bad.

What shocks me more than anything watching MJ vids 20 years later is that man was almost always single covered. We see kobe and LBJ (possibly the most doubled player ive ever seen late in games on the Cavs) have another man sent towards them countless times on game winners, but Jordan seems to have gone 1 on 1 much more frequently.

Any way to check kobe vs LBJ vs MJ on game winning shot attempts/passes and the coverage on those?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by skillswithaz
    uh oh...umm

"Well if Kobe had taken a shot like that, they would've called him for an offensive foul and suspended him for game 7 because it was unnatural reaction."
    LOL go check Lakers vs King game 6. Kobe did worse and got rewarded for FT

We see kobe and LBJ (possibly the most doubled player ive ever seen late in games on the Cavs) have another man sent towards them countless times on game winners, but Jordan seems to have gone 1 on 1 much more frequently.
    Here are MJs game winners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMB0pNnHbEg

He shakes or runs into double/triple teams on at least half of them.

LeBron seems to have trouble with double teams in those situations because he doesn't pull the trigger.

Defenders know that he's looking to pass the ball if he can.

Look at what Michael does in these situations. He looks to attack and so he's always got his defenders off balance.

Here are LeBron's game winners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEP3bfZixE8

He sees mostly single coverage on these attempts.

I'd almost forgotten how many he's hit. Things seem to go well for him when he doesn't look to pass.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

So it's MJ's fault that he has the IQ and ability to read and beat double and triple teams?

Is it also his fault that in some instances coaches are respectful enough to not send a trap immediately?

They fear MJ.

He was always a threat. MJ just happened to usually be better than the defense thrown at him.