12 Lebron
    97 Jordan
    13 Lebron
    96 Jordan
    14 Lebron
    98 Jordan
    11 Lebron
    07 Lebron .
    How is 96 Jordan > 98 Jordan and 2014 LeBron?

Default Re: First Championship Finals Stats LeBron vs. Kobe vs. Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    How is 96 Jordan > 98 Jordan and 2014 LeBron?
    I think impact the total game more important than efficient points . Defence,ribaunds,ball movement leading more important than points for me.

Jordan averaged 4 ribaunds , 2 assists per game in the 98 finals , defensive side is good but not an all around impact of the total games .

Lebron averaged 8 ribaunds(with the non-center guys) , 4 assists per game and he's played no defence in the 14 finals .

And Lebron played with 87.4 pace (14 finals) , Jordan played with 83.5 pace (96 finals) .

93 Jordan
    91 Jordan
    15 Shut down at 29% by role player Iggy - no Kyrie, no Love tho
    92 Jordan
    12 Lebron
    97 Jordan
    13 Lebron
    98 Jordan
    96 Jordan
    14 No excuse. Shut down by role player and old man Duncan
    11 No excuse. Stacked team and still lost
    07 Cavs had no business being in Finals, no fault of Bron they lost

I never brought up 2013

Not worth wasting my time with you when you're clearly trolling, pulling out facts from your ass. I said 2012, 2014, 2015 rank up with any of Jordans best, and theyre about equal as Finals performers, but continue lying
    You didn't, but I did. 2013 doesn't count?

And no, 2012, 2014, and 2015 aren't close to MJ's best finals performances. You're so fixated with his 2015 stats that you overlook that he shot atrociously against the kind of defense that MJ would have destroyed. I give Lebron credit for willing that team to 2 wins against the Warriors, but that doesn't supercede MJ's best.

Explain how 2014 is up there with 91, 92, 93, or for that matter 97. Some of us don't stroke our peens to the stats, we actually watch the games. Anyone watching those games can see that MJ performed at a higher level. There's only one finals where MJ performed at less than his standard, which was 96 and only after the point where the Bulls had taken a 3-0 lead. I usually give Lebron the benefit of the doubt for 2007, being young and inexperienced, but if you want to go there about comparing them as finals performers, Lebron was bad in 2007, 2011, most of 2013, solid but unspectacular in 2014 and shot poorly in 2015 in spite of otherwise good stats. He was BELOW his standard for half the finals he appeared in. Shaqisgoat already destroyed your pace argument for 2012, which would be Lebron's best finals. Lebron's best finals appearances in the best case scenario, you measure against what MJ did in 97 and 98. He has no case against MJ's 91-93 run.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-05-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    You didn't, but I did. 2013 doesn't count?

And no, 2012, 2014, and 2015 aren't close to MJ's best finals performances. You're so fixated with his 2015 stats that you overlook that he shot atrociously against the kind of defense that MJ would have destroyed.

Explain how 2014 is up there with 91, 92, 93, or for that matter 97. Some of us don't stroke our peens to the stats, we actually watch the games. Anyone watching those games can see that MJ performed at a higher level. There's only one finals where MJ performed at less than his standard, which was 96 and only after the point where the Bulls had taken a 3-0 lead. I usually give Lebron the benefit of the doubt for 2007, being young and inexperienced, but if you want to go there about comparing them as finals performers, Lebron was bad in 2007, 2011, most of 2013, and shot poorly in 2015 in spite of otherwise good stats. He was BELOW his standard for half the finals he appeared in. Shaqisgoat already destroyed your pace argument for 2012, which would be Lebron's best finals.
    InB4.... "But... but... but.... Lebron was only singled covered! If he was doubled his % would be Jordan Finals like!"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin

07 Cavs had no business being in Finals, no fault of Bron they lost
    When you say "no business being in the Finals", what are you basing that on?

It's not their seeding, since they were the 2 seed with a 50-win record, and the 1 seed Detroit only won 53 games (the lowest for a 1 seed ever).

Also, how is it not Lebron's fault given he averaged a horrific 22 ppg on 35%?.. The games weren't blowouts - they were actually all quite close.. Cleveland's D was for real, kind of like this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    &

(mvps)

(fmvps)

yet again:

Jordan
    Lebron
    Kobe

roflmao at comparing 2000 Kobe's championship stats vs prime MJ and Bran

it should be 2009 Kobe, when he was the leader and not injured...

32/6/7 53%TS

opposing defense: 101.9 Drtg (1st)

1991 Lakers: 104.7 (6th)

2012 OKC:103.2 (12th)

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    When you say "no business being in the Finals", what are you basing that on?

It's not their seeding, since they were the 2 seed with a 50-win record, and the 1 seed Detroit only won 53 games (the lowest for a 1 seed ever).

Also, how is it not Lebron's fault given he averaged a horrific 22 ppg on 35%?.. The games weren't blowouts - they were actually all quite close.. Cleveland's D was for real, kind of like this year.
    I'm basing it on the Cavs team relative to the Spurs team. These were the odds:

Cleveland Cavaliers win in 4 Games 35/1
    Cleveland Cavaliers win in 5 Games 15/1
    Cleveland Cavaliers win in 6 Games 10/1
    Cleveland Cavaliers win in 7 Games 15/2
    San Antonio Spurs win in 4 Games 7/2
    San Antonio Spurs win in 5 Games 9/4
    San Antonio Spurs win in 6 Games 8/5
    San Antonio Spurs win in 7 Games 13/4

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    1991 NBA Finals - 85.8 pace
    2012 NBA Finals - 88.6 pace

In the Finals...

Jordan - .612 TS%, .556 eFG%, 125 ORtg, 102 DRtg, 29.4 GmSc, 31.9 USG%
    LeBron - .558 TS%, .486 eFG%, 117 ORtg, 109 DRtg, 23.6 GmSc, 32.0 USG%

LAL's DRtg = 104.5
    OKC's DRtg = 110.6

In the regular-season...

LAL - Def Rtg: 105.0 (5th out of 27; -2.9 relative to the rest of the league)
    OKC - Def Rtg: 103.2 (11th out of 30; -1.4 relative to the rest of the league)

What more advanced stats do you want now?

Oh, and I'm not even going to mention eye-test because I'm sure you know very little about actual basketball, and you've most likely never even seen Jordan's play in those Finals.
    Now, go troll somewhere else, please... It's worthless and dumb af since the start... Ain't you tired of catching L's?

Damn Ether

Very good NBA starter

I never brought up 2013

Not worth wasting my time with you when you're clearly trolling, pulling out facts from your ass. I said 2012, 2014, 2015 rank up with any of Jordans best, and theyre about equal as Finals performers, but continue lying
    Post LJ first 3 finals performance with Mj first 3 dumbass.

Very good NBA starter

Dubeta how is 12,13,14 better then 92 Mj?

Dubusted RIP

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    I'm basing it on the Cavs team relative to the Spurs team. These were the odds:

Cleveland Cavaliers win in 4 Games 35/1
    Cleveland Cavaliers win in 5 Games 15/1
    Cleveland Cavaliers win in 6 Games 10/1
    Cleveland Cavaliers win in 7 Games 15/2
    San Antonio Spurs win in 4 Games 7/2
    San Antonio Spurs win in 5 Games 9/4
    San Antonio Spurs win in 6 Games 8/5
    San Antonio Spurs win in 7 Games 13/4
    You said the Cavs had no business BEING IN the Finals - what are you basing this on

You couldn't be basing it on their seeding, since they were the 2 seed with a 50-win record, and the 1 seed Detroit only won 53 games (the lowest ever for a 1 seed).

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You said the Cavs had no business BEING IN the Finals - what are you basing this on

You couldn't be basing it on their seeding, since they were the 2 seed with a 50-win record, and the 1 seed Detroit only won 53 games (the lowest ever for a 1 seed).

I meant they weren't worthy enough of even being on the same court as the Spurs. A horrible bron shooting 22ppg on 35% is evidence of the fact that he had no business whatsoever even breathing the same air on that court as a man like Duncan who has won in 3 different decades as the man. What ever D they had that enabled them to get to the finals resulted in them getting swept 4-0.