Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Where would you rank James Harden's current offensive season all-time?

After yesterday's game against the Lakers, Harden is now averaging 35.7 ppg/8.5 apg/6.4 rpg/2.1 spg on a 44/38/86 shooting split. His TS% is currently at 62.2% which puts him at 15th in the entire NBA.

Going more into just how efficient he's been, he ranks #2 in TS% out of the top 50 PPG seasons, sitting right behind Kevin Durant's 2013-14 season.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com....fcgi?id=RKwqD

Here's the top 10

Not only that, but Harden is also #1 all-time in points per 100 possessions. ALL-TIME

Some other incredible numbers:
    - Harden is averaging 42/9/7/2 in the past 20 games
    - His streak for consecutive games with at least 30 points is now at 19. Most ever since the ABA/NBA merged
    - 19 straight games where he's led all players in scoring. The only players in NBA history with a longer single-season streak are Chamberlain and Jordan.

Safe to say Harden is having one of the best offensive seasons of all time.

TL;DR
    - Harden is currently #1 all-time in points per 100 possessions
    - His average of 35.7 ppg puts him at 7th all-time
    - He has the 2nd best TS% of the top 50 ppg seasons
    - 5th player to average 40+ ppg in a 20 game span
    - Only player since Wilt to have 19 straight 30+ point games

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Where would you rank James Harden's current offensive season all-time?

He is seriously beginning to have a case for best SG of all time.

hard not to rank it as the best SG offensive season ever if he keeps it up for the season.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Where would you rank James Harden's current offensive season all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.

hard not to rank it as the best SG offensive season ever if he keeps it up for the season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Top 5

Curry,LeBron and Jordan all had better overall offensive seasons maybe Shaq and Magic as well

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.

I don't think anyone can pass MJ

But seriously, I think Harden has a really good chance to be a top 4 SG of all-time only behind MJ, Kobe, and Wade. That's IF he doesn't win a ring. If he does win at least 1, he'll have a good case to be over D-Wade.

3-time NBA All-Star

A season would mean playoffs also so no way is harden close to being the best sg ever or having the best season ever yet. regular season sure but who cares about regular season really

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It will be years before I know what to think. Russell Westbrook just had a 32/11/10 season which would have been impossible to believe 20 years ago. Hardens numbers keep climbing and this year teams are allowing insane point totals. It’s part due to threes but the lanes to the basket are crazy because of them as well. If this is just what the nba is now Hardens year won’t seem that impressive. If it levels off and this was just a brief new rules phase it will seem greater.

Steph, Westbrook, Klay, and Harden have all done things we would have struggled to accept could be done vs nba players decades ago. If this is the new norm and guys keep running wild a 35ppg season won’t seem that special.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I don't think anyone can pass MJ

But seriously, I think Harden has a really good chance to be a top 4 SG of all-time only behind MJ, Kobe, and Wade. That's IF he doesn't win a ring. If he does win at least 1, he'll have a good case to be over D-Wade.
    1 ring and he has a good case over Wade? Because of multiple playoff chokes in a league that is catered for preposterous point scoring? Not to mention flopping, free throws (20 a game) and this braindead fukwitass nikka has the audacity to say better case than Wade??????????????

Ban this clown

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    1 ring and he has a good case over Wade? Because of multiple playoff chokes in a league that is catered for preposterous point scoring? Not to mention flopping, free throws (20 a game) and this braindead fukwitass nikka has the audacity to say better case than Wade??????????????

Ban this clown
    12 free throws a game, not 20. And yes, I really do think 1 ring (and a finals MVP) would put Harden above Wade. 1 historic playoff run where he leads his team to the championship. That's the only thing Harden has left to do. He's done everything else. You gotta factor in all his accomplishments too and what he's been doing on a historic level. Wade was never this good offensively. Don't forget the fact that Harden is only 29 years old. He's been a very durable player throughout his entire career, and it's not crazy to say he might play until he's 38-40 years old. By that time, he'll probably have joined the 30k point club and he may have another MVP to his name. No other SG has won more than 1 MVP besides Jordan.

Im not knocking on Wade in any way. I understand how great he was in his prime. In fact, I think he had a top 3 SG peak ever. What he did in the 2006 finals was amazing, and I know he has 3 championships. BUT, he also had the luxury to play alongside arguably the GOAT, LeBron James. You can't say the same about Harden. Yeah, he played with KD but Harden wasn't close to being as good of a player then.

No one cares

No one wants to watch Harden

No one watches his highlights even.

Take this L Rockets and Harden fans...you're never gonna get a ring

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
    No one cares

No one wants to watch Harden

No one watches his highlights even.

Take this L Rockets and Harden fans...you're never gonna get a ring
    Back again with your daily "No one cares about Harden" comment

How many times was he on your mind today? Did you dream about him?

Kobe Stan

I hate giving the guy any credit because he's a disgrace to the game...he is a highly skilled offensive player...that's about all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    12 free throws a game, not 20. And yes, I really do think 1 ring (and a finals MVP) would put Harden above Wade. 1 historic playoff run where he leads his team to the championship. That's the only thing Harden has left to do. He's done everything else. You gotta factor in all his accomplishments too and what he's been doing on a historic level. Wade was never this good offensively. Don't forget the fact that Harden is only 29 years old. He's been a very durable player throughout his entire career, and it's not crazy to say he might play until he's 38-40 years old. By that time, he'll probably have joined the 30k point club and he may have another MVP to his name. No other SG has won more than 1 MVP besides Jordan.

Im not knocking on Wade in any way. I understand how great he was in his prime. In fact, I think he had a top 3 SG peak ever. What he did in the 2006 finals was amazing, and I know he has 3 championships. BUT, he also had the luxury to play alongside arguably the GOAT, LeBron James. You can't say the same about Harden. Yeah, he played with KD but Harden wasn't close to being as good of a player then.

While I appreciate the non troll reply. That statement alone is really absurd. We all said the same thing about Kobe lasting till 35...36 (while being healthy). It happens RARELY. Beyond rarely. But I guess if you put it that way, if Harden leads the Rockets to a ring (which is also extremely doubtful) he could have an argument.... but I would still easily pick Wade after 2 seconds of thought. Still cant discount all those seasons of disappearing when it mattered most. If it wasn't for CP3 saving his ass in the last playoff series, we would be laughing at Harden even more.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]It will be years before I know what to think. Russell Westbrook just had a 32/11/10 season which would have been impossible to believe 20 years ago. Hardens numbers keep climbing and this year teams are allowing insane point totals. It

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I was just watching Bart Scott