Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe 52 Pts vs Jazz 30 in 1 Qtr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
    Same could be said for 32Dayz, no?
    Not really, I just mock the Ultra Obsessed and Ultra Annoying Kobe Homers.

The normal Realistic Kobe fans dont bother me at all and I dont have anything personal against Kobe himself.

----------------------------------------------

BTW @ L8k3r5

I fixed your picture to reflect what Kobe actually accomplished in his Career. (Legitmately)

Gasol's 2010 FMVP has been removed
    CP3's 2008 MVP has been removed.

The rest is fine.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

monster

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz

The normal Realistic Kobe fans dont bother me at all and I dont have anything personal against Kobe himself.

BTW @ L8k3r5

I fixed your picture to reflect what Kobe actually accomplished in his Career. (Legitmately)

The rest is fine.
    You know what it means if you take Kobe off team in the Finals v. the Celtics, right? Do you know who the opponents defense was built around? Which player they wanted to stop?

You're an idiot. Quit overrating the f*** out of Pau Gasol. God you're f***ng stupid as hell.

Ignore this troll. He provides no reliable information, no basketball knowledge.

The GAWD!! Greatest there is ...Greatest there was...Greatest there ever will be....

Thank Based Lordbe....I was present

Kobe
    2006-04-07 = 51points LA Loss to PHO
    2006-01-19 = 51point LA Loss to SAC
    2005-11-27 = 46points (37% shooting) LA Loss to NJN
    2005-12-28 = 45points (35% shooting) LA Loss to Memphis
    2006-03-06 = 43points LA Loss to SAS
    2005-11-20 = 43points LA Loss to CHI
    2006-04-06 = 42points (39% shooting) LA Loss to Denver
    2006-01-11 = 41points LA Loss to Portland
    2006-02-26 = 40points LA Loss to Boston

the biggest statpadder and team cancer ever

Quote Originally Posted by 7_cody
    You know what it means if you take Kobe off team in the Finals v. the Celtics, right? Do you know who the opponents defense was built around? Which player they wanted to stop?

You're an idiot. Quit overrating the f*** out of Pau Gasol. God you're f***ng stupid as hell.
    #1.

#2. The opponents defense was focused on stopping the Lakers, Gasol was doubled just as much as Kobe in the Finals.

#3. LA ran the offense through the Post at home.
    LA won 3/4 Games @ Home.
    Gasol was by far the best player for LA in every single home game and he was the teams playmaker averaging 5APG compared to Kobe who only had 3APG.

#4. Gasol was the teams defense anchor.

Quit overrating the F*** out of 2010 Bryant and underrating Peak Gasol. Pau was legitimately more valuable then Kobe in the 2010 playoffs and was certainly better in the Finals. Kobe shot jacked and got some nice ppg despite shooting 37% in the 4 Finals wins but he sure as hell didnt deserve the FMVP. Its just sad that a guy as great as Gasol will never get 1/2 the recognition he deserves for his play and impact while Kobe will continously be overrated by D.Stern (since the league makes money by pushing its stars) and the average idiotic fans who only see 5 Rings and dont see the amazing players and teams he's been on.

No one wants to root for the european player with weird shaggy hair but the fact is he was arguably the MVP of the 2010 Playoffs and definitely earned (deserved) the FMVP. Several respected Journalists have stated he had a strong case for the Award.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-14-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Tell me who negged me for saying something positive about this performance ?

Whoever you are... you shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Tell me who negged me for saying something positive about this performance ?

Whoever you are... you shut up.

welcome to our club...

say anything positive about Kobe = instant neg....

#2. The opponents defense was focused on stopping the Lakers, Gasol was doubled just as much as Kobe in the Finals.
    Someone who clearly didn't watch that series (or any Laker game from the sound of it).

#1.

LA won 3/4 Games @ Home.
    Gasol was by far the best player for LA in every single home game and he was the teams playmaker averaging 5APG compared to Kobe who only had 3APG.

Quit overrating the F*** out of 2010 Bryant and underrating Peak Gasol. Pau was legitimately more valuable then Kobe in the 2010 playoffs and was certainly better in the Finals. Kobe shot jacked and got some nice ppg despite shooting 37% in the 4 Finals wins but he sure as hell didnt deserve the FMVP. Its just sad that a guy as great as Gasol will never get 1/2 the recognition he deserves for his play and impact while Kobe will continously be overrated by D.Stern (since the league makes money by pushing its stars) and the average idiotic fans who only see 5 Rings and dont see the amazing players and teams he's been on.

No one wants to root for the european player with weird shaggy hair but the fact is he was arguably the MVP of the 2010 Playoffs and definitely earned (deserved) the FMVP. Several respected Journalists have stated he had a strong case for the Award.

obvious troll is obvious

Good High School Starter

BTW @ L8k3r5

The rest is fine.

#1.

LA won 3/4 Games @ Home.

Several respected journalists have stated that he had a strong case for the award? Is that supposed to mean something?

Gasol is very popular in LA. Lots of people want to root for him. What kind of garbage is that? Pathetic excuse.

Gasol was not doubled. The Celtics game planned to stop Kobe, such as their Box and 1 defensive format to stop Kobe that is geared towards only Kobe. You're lying. Gasol does not get double teamed. He guarded like any other role player.

Kobe has been on amazing teams? Let me guess, Andrew Bynum is the best center in the league, Pau Gasol is a top 2 big man in the league, and Lamar Odom is a top 5 forward in the league. You seriously believe this garbage? None of it is true.

The only reliable information you provided was Kobe's field goal percentage. Unfortunately, that's only a small part of the story.

LA did no run the offense through the post at home. Did you watch the games? LA did the same 2-3 variances that it always does, and it includes either Kobe cutting at the wing or posting at the elbow. It's called the triangle offense. We don't run our plays through Pau Gasol or Bynum, it's all done through Kobe. Watch the games.

Look beyond the statistics, but then again, you think that Doc Rivers game planned his defense to stop Pau Gasol, not Kobe Bryant.

Since you love statistics so much,

Kobe Bryant 2010 Playoffs
    29.2 PPG on 46% shooting, 6 RPG and 5.5 APG

Pau Gasol 2010 Playoffs
    19.6 PPG on 53% shooting, 11 RPG and 3.5 APG

What about the game that matters most? Everyone had a poor shooting night, including Pau Gasol (well, everyone did in the series really). Artest is probably MVP of just game 7, but it's Kobe that shouldered the offense and rebounded extraordinarily well for a guard.

Who was being double and triple teamed? Never Gasol. Why does this matter? if I have to explain it to you, you're an idiot. I'll give you a hint, Kobe has teammates. It's 5 on 5. Do the math.

In the Finals only,

Kobe 29 PPG on 40% shooting, 8 RPG and 4 (3.9) APG
    Pau Gasol 19 PPG on 48% shooting, 11 RPB and 4 (3.7) APG

Even the stats favor kobe, except shooting %, then you have common sense, watching the game, seeing his impact, watching the defense, listening to the opponents game plan, knowing a f***ing thing about Basketball, actually watching the series, and other factors that make this obvious.

I just realized you probably weren't being series. Am I being trolled? You were joking right? You don't really believe that Pau is/was more valuable to the Lakers than Kobe?
    Last edited by 7_cody; 11-15-2011 at 03:50 AM.

I certainly do believe Gasol was MV to the Lakers over the entirety of the playoffs.

When you factor in efficiency/rebounding and even TO's Kobe is not superior to Gasol in Production.

Acting like efficiency doesn't matter is just plain stupid so I wont go further into that.

Gasol was equal to Kobe over the entirety of the playoffs in Production.
    Gasol was equal to Kobe over the entirety of the Finals in Production.
    Gasol had far better intangibles then Kobe over the entire playoffs and just in general.
    Gasol was far superior to Kobe in overall Production in the 4 LA Home Games and 3/4 Games LA won in the Finals. (Stats Below)

Lets look at how both Gasol and Kobe performed in the 4 Laker Wins (2010 Finalz)

Kobe
    26.5 PPG
    10 RPG
    3.75 APG
    37%FG
    2 SPG

Gasol
    19 PPG
    14 RPG (6 Offensive Rebounds Per Game)
    5 APG
    46%FG
    2.5 BPG
    The Lakers run the "Triangle 0ffense" which involves creating space on the elbow near the 3point line and passing the ball down into the post. LA ran the ball through Gasol in the post in the LA Home games. Kobe iso'd alot more and took shots outside the 0ffense on the road which (imo) stagnated the 0ffense and hurt the team.

It was obvious not only by watching the games that the 0ffense was being run through Gasol in 3/4 LA Wins at home since Gasol led the team in Assists 5APG and was by far the teams best play maker in those games.

Gasol would regularly (not always) get doubled in the post and pass out to Kobe or the other Lakers and that's why he piled up so many assists.

Kobe would only be doubled when he drove into the paint or occasionally in the midrange area. He was never doubled out on the perimeter.

If you dont even know what 0ffensive sets LA runs you probably shouldn't be arguing with me about anything.

So again.
    Gasol was better in 4/7 Finalz Games.
    Gasol was better in 4/4 Home Games in the Finalz.
    Gasol was the team defensive anchor and far more impactful defensively then Kobe was.

Why exactly doesn't Gasol have a fair and reasonable case for the FMVP.

The fact that several respected journalists said he had a strong case for the Award doesn't technically mean anything but it does support my opinion that he deserved it obviously since I am far from the only one who thought so.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-15-2011 at 03:57 AM.

I certainly do believe Gasol was MV to the Lakers over the entirety of the playoffs.

When you factor in efficiency/rebounding and even TO's Kobe is not superior to Gasol in Production.

Acting like efficiency doesn't matter is just plain stupid so I wont go further into that.

Gasol was equal to Kobe over the entirety of the playoffs in Production.
    Gasol was equal to Kobe over the entirety of the Finals in Production.
    Gasol had far better intangibles then Kobe over the entire playoffs and just in general.
    Gasol was far superior to Kobe in overall Production in the 4 LA Home Games and 3/4 Games LA won in the Finals. (Stats Below)

The Lakers run the "Triangle 0ffense" which involves creating space on the elbow near the 3point line and passing the ball down into the post. LA ran the ball through Gasol in the post in the LA Home games. Kobe iso'd alot more and took shots outside the 0ffense on the road which (imo) stagnated the 0ffense and hurt the team.

It was obvious not only by watching the games that the 0ffense was being run through Gasol in 3/4 LA Wins at home since Gasol led the team in Assists 5APG and was by far the teams best play maker in those games.

Gasol would regularly (not always) get doubled in the post and pass out to Kobe or the other Lakers and that's why he piled up so many assists.

If you dont even know what 0ffense sets LA runs you probably shouldn't be arguing with me about anything.

So again.
    Gasol was better in 4/7 Finalz Games.
    Gasol was better in 4/4 Home Games in the Finalz.
    Gasol was the team defensive anchor and far more impactful defensively then Kobe was.

Why exactly doesn't Gasol have a fair and reasonable case for the FMVP.

The fact that several respected journalists said he had a strong case for the Award doesn't technically mean anything but it does support my opinion that he deserved it obviously since I am far from the only one who thought so.
    You haven't provided anything new. Quit repeating the same garbage.

How do I not know what offense the Lakers play? I said it in my prior post. Want to take a challenge? I'll break down the Lakers offense in the next five minutes if you do, and lets see who understands it more.

We never ran our offense through Pau. We always try to play inside-out, but our offense has always been through Kobe. Phil modified the triangle and started running his offense through Kobe after Shaq left.

Pau did not get get a crap load of assists. He also did not get them because he was getting double teamed. He got them because he's a good passer for a big man and was able to find open shooters in the triangle.

How did Gasol have better intangibles? Care to explain?

What about impact?

How is a big man averaging 11 RPG more efficient than a guard averaging 8?

Good god, you're dumb as hell. You have no reliable information. I can't take you seriously when you won't even post the correct stats.

Better intagibals = Gasol is an amazing shot blocker and was by far the best defender for LA and the most impactful defensively.

Already forgot that huge block on Pierce with 2 minutes left in G7 or how he constantly got between 2-4 BPG over the playoffs and regularly played good defense on opposing PF's?

What intangibles does Kobe have... not many.

I watched the games and they ran the 0ffense inside/out at the staples center.
    Bryant would also ISO and try to score by himself and (occasionally) try to create for others but he and the roleplayers would also feed Gasol in the post to let him score or create.

I watched the games and he was doubled so I suggest you rewatch them if you disagree.

I posted the stats from the 4 Wins.
    Gasol was clearly better then Bryant in the 4 Wins and in 4/7 Games in the Finals and was far more impactful defensively. Not to mention him being better in G6 and far better in G7 where his Clutch play in the Final 3 Minutes single handedly saved the Lakers from defeat.

Again here are the stats below from the 4 Laker Wins in the 2010 Finalz.

Lets look at how both Gasol and Kobe performed in the 4 Laker Wins (2010 Finalz)

Kobe
    26.5 PPG
    10 RPG
    3.75 APG
    37%FG
    2 SPG

Gasol
    19 PPG
    14 RPG (6 Offensive Rebounds Per Game)
    5 APG
    46%FG
    2.5 BPG
    I know it bothers you that Kobe isnt this GOAT player who surpassed Jordan that could carry the team all by himself but you gotta face reality dude. Gasol and Kobe were pretty much neck and neck in importance to that team that year and Gasol has a strong case for FMVP.

Anyway I've explained all my points to the death, if you still disagree thats fine but I'm done commenting on this stuff.

Go polish your Kobe figurines.

BTW do you know that although Kobe only got 1 more assist then Gasol over the course of the entire Finals he had like 20-40 more turnovers?
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-15-2011 at 04:16 AM.