Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: In what country can I live well on the American dollar? Can I buy a house with 20K?

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm

It's a step up

I've actually read that book. It's pretty creepy.

NBA All-star

Default Re: In what country can I live well on the American dollar? Can I buy a house with 20K?

Even if you Were really into your classmates work. A single major just doesn't quite get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola
    I mean you would buy a small apartment in my country with 20.000 dollars, it would probably close to what you buy with 100.000-150.000 in USA.

If you buy 20 'X' brand, 'Y' model notebook in USA with 20.000 dollars, you could buy only 16-17 of same notebook in my country. Because they are imported to our country, we did not produce it.

If you have 2.000 meals with 20.000 in USA, you would probably have 3.5000-4.000 similar meals with same money. Because food in USA is cheap.

You probably pay 25-30 dollars for a haircut in USA. You would pay 5-6 dollars in my country. So, you 20.000 dollars would be like 100-000-150.000 dollars in my country.

you just managed to confuse people even more. LOL

alright, so, check it. I'm assuming the country you're talking about is the Philippines?

First of all, it's confusing people when you type 20.000 dollars, because in the US, anything after the period (.) is change.

So 20.000 looks like 20 dollars.

Whereas you are typing it instead of a comma. So you mean 20.000 = $20,000.00

So, lets make sure we're staying with a consistent comparison.

So, you're saying $20,000 US Dollars will get you $150,000 dollar house?

and you're saying you can get $150,000 worth of haircuts? lol. but why?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

one of the misconceptions is that even 3rd world countries have pricey digs...

You can look in this country and live in Kentucky , and be a king.

Countries - an ex-co worker that lived (born) in Columbia told me US dollars can make you a king in that country....

It all depends if you want to live where poverty is rampant or people envy you and want to steal from you.