Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If you hate the media comparisons of Kobe to MJ

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    then you better HOPE that Kobe does not win his second 3-peat.

Thus, you should be hoping that Team Diva DOES happen, so as to thwart that 3-peat.
    OKC in 6 games unless the refs want to **** it up again!

Kobe Bryant will win his 6th ring next year. I'd bet my bank account on it

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    lol@ people not reading the thread title. MEDIA comparisons, you don't need to write paragraphs on why Jordan is better, it's inevitable the media circus will get ridiculous if he were to win number 6.

apollogies, then. Media circus? sis, man. we will have a huge circus with elephants and all. you can bet your life on it. its the media's job to get as hysterical as they can be otherwise they would be serving burgers instead of selling papers

I don't remember MJ losing in the finals...so...no need to bring up more comparisons.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    You realize Bynum has been useless the last two years in the playoff runs right?

Bynum:
    6.3 ppg, 3.7 rpg, as many turnovers as blocks in the 2009 run.
    8.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg in 2010 run (and his stats are helped by the Thunder series where he wasn't as slowed down by injuries)
    These are Luc Longley numbers.

Fisher:
    8/2/2 on 39 FG%, 29% 3 pt shooting in 2009 run.
    10/3/3 on 44% shooting in 2010 run.
    Not to mention he is one of the worst defensive PGs in the league.

Artest:
    11/4/2 on 39.8% and 29% 3 pt shooting. Huge offensive liability whose defense wasn't nearly good enough after the Thunder series to make up for how much he was hurting the team offensively.

Bench: inconsistent Odom, Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar

@ mega team. Maybe if Bynum was healthy but he's done next to nothing in the last two playoff runs.
    LAKERS had 5 players with a playoff PER above 15 this year. Do you know the last championship team to accomplish that? The 03-04 Pistons - who had the best starting 5 in basketball. For comparison's sake, Bulls never had 5 players with a 15+ PER. Heck, they never even had 4 with the exception of the '91 run. And to think PER doesn't even quantify LA's biggest strength - their ridiculous size and length that makes 'em such a dominant defensive and rebounding team. They shut teams down at will in big games. That's how they win.

Gasol also had a playoff PER of 24 this year. I've checked the last 30 NBA Champions and only once has a #2 option put up a PER that high. Pippen never did it and going through each champion, no #2 man is even close to 24. Heck, a lot of champions don't have anyone with a PER that good. It's downright amazing just how incredible Gasol was this postseason. 20/11/4/2 blk/54%.

So let's stop pretending the 09-10 LAKERS weren't a loaded team. They had the best 2nd best player in basketball. The best front court and the best core. They were 2 possessions away from going 8-0 w/o Kobe this season despite facing great competition. You don't do that w/o being very talented. And I haven't even mentioned the GCOAT yet.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 07-04-2010 at 06:32 PM.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LAKERS had 5 players with a playoff PER above 15 in their last playoff run. Do you know the last championship team to accomplish that? The 03-04 Pistons - who had the best starting 5 in basketball. For comparison's sake, Bulls never had 5 players with a 15+ PER. Heck, they never even had 4 with the exception of the '91 run. And to think PER doesn't even quantify LA's biggest strength - their ridiculous size and length that makes 'em such a dominant defensive and rebounding team. They shut teams down at will in big games. That's how they win.

Gasol also had a playoff PER of 24 this year. I've checked the last 20 champions and only once has a #2 option put up a PER that high. Pippen never did it.

So let's stop pretending the 09-10 LAKERS weren't a loaded team. They were 2 possessions away from going 8-0 w/o Kobe this season. You don't do that w/o being very talented. And I haven't even mentioned the GCOAT yet.
    ding ding ding....we have a winner.

Arcadia, CA

cavaliers werent loaded? magic werent loaded? boston wasnt loaded? it takes more than talent to win you idiots, it takes greatness

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I don't remember MJ losing in the finals...so...no need to bring up more comparisons.
    Retarded logic.

Anyways, the comparisons are inevitable, but there's no way they start declaring Kobe as the greatest of all-time or anything, so it's all good.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LAKERS had 5 players with a playoff PER above 15 this year. Do you know the last championship team to accomplish that? The 03-04 Pistons - who had the best starting 5 in basketball. For comparison's sake, Bulls never had 5 players with a 15+ PER. Heck, they never even had 4 with the exception of the '91 run. And to think PER doesn't even quantify LA's biggest strength - their ridiculous size and length that makes 'em such a dominant defensive and rebounding team. They shut teams down at will in big games. That's how they win.
    Now how about you mention that Adam Morrison is one of those five players who have a PER over 15

Is it really worth responding to you? Have you really become THIS biased that you are adding qualifications to include Adam Morrison to as a part of a "stacked" Laker team?

Seriously, what the hell is this PER stuff. Kobe's PER last year was ~ to '92 Jordan (and higher than any of second three peat Jordan), but both of us know he wasn't playing at that level. Is this what your argument rests on? Shit, Bynum's "PER" is only high because of the first round, he was injured afterwards and was contributing nothing more than an average center. How about 2009 Lakers? They only had 3 guys over a "PER" of 15 (one of the weirdest qualifications I've seen).

Jordan's fans are so butt-hurt that they can't imagine Kobe winning his 6th next year.

So butt-hurt, they coudn't read the thread title.
    the excuses will keep coming on how stacked Lakers are...

It does not matter if Kobe wins 20 rings. MJ is unmatchable. People who matter realize that he is nothing close to His Airness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Now how about you mention that Adam Morrison is one of those five players who have a PER over 15

Is it really worth responding to you? Have you really become THIS biased that you are adding qualifications to include Adam Morrison to as a part of a "stacked" Laker team?

Seriously, what the hell is this PER stuff. Kobe's PER last year was ~ to '92 Jordan (and higher than any of second three peat Jordan), but both of us know he wasn't playing at that level. Is this what your argument rests on? Shit, Bynum's "PER" is only high because of the first round, he was injured afterwards and was contributing nothing more than an average center. How about 2009 Lakers? They only had 3 guys over a "PER" of 15 (one of the weirdest qualifications I've seen).
    LMAO. There goes his argument. PER has always been flawed. According to PER Magic and Kareem aren't top 10 players.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    It does not matter if Kobe wins 20 rings. MJ is unmatchable. People who matter realize that he is nothing close to His Airness.

This is why MJ fans hate Kobe, Because he will retire with more rings than MJ.
    If Kobe gets 8/9 rings > MJ
    Last edited by Bladers; 07-04-2010 at 07:16 PM.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    This is why MJ fans hate Kobe, Because he will retire with more rings than MJ.
    If Kobe gets 8/9 rings > MJ
    nobody feels that way but you. kobe is simply just not on the same level as jordan in terms of the better player.

kobe can have the better career....but he's just not in jordan's class as a player.
    kobe is just t-mac without injuries and great teams. or wade with great teams. he's a great player......but nobody in their right mind would put kobe up with the greatest athletes of all time.

in case you forgot. jordan is one of the five greatest athletes ever. that is the difference. jordan's greatness transcended the sport.

the reason you think people hate kobe is flawed. i don't hate kobe at all. i love watching him play and i actually want him to win much more often than i want him to lose. i rag on kobe because i am forced to by retarded kobe homers that over-rated him so much its out of control.

there are no kobe haters. only haters of the kobe homers.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    nobody feels that way but you. kobe is simply just not on the same level as jordan in terms of the better player.

kobe can have the better career....but he's just not in jordan's class as a player.
    kobe is just t-mac without injuries and great teams. or wade with great teams. he's a great player......but nobody in their right mind would put kobe up with the greatest athletes of all time.

in case you forgot. jordan is one of the five greatest athletes ever. that is the difference. jordan's greatness transcended the sport.

the reason you think people hate kobe is flawed. i don't hate kobe at all. i love watching him play and i actually want him to win much more often than i want him to lose. i rag on kobe because i am forced to by retarded kobe homers that over-rated him so much its out of control.

there are no kobe haters. only haters of the kobe homers.
    Yup.

People "hate" on Jordan because he was too good.
    People "hate" on Kobe because he is too overrated.

It's really easy to call someone a hater. Just overrate something or make a crazy claim, and then when someone corrects you, call them a hater.