Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Are we second guessing Mitch too much, and not knowing enough what happened behind closed doors?

Yes, It would be incredibly stupid of Kupchak to not see what we are seeing.
    I personally prefer Mahinmi over Mozgov but who is to say, Mitch actually approached their agents and that they were told, their clients were not interested.
    Or Luke actually is really impressed with Mozgov over the other realistic centers?
    Biyombo is athletic..like Ezeli but is limited offensively and is as bad FT shooter unlike Mozgov, Maybe Luke saw some subtle things like their inability to play certain systems, like maybe they can't catch those handoffs, or not properly setting screens etc.
    Maybe there is a buy out clause in those contracts or that they agree to be paid more this year so in their last year, it would be considerably less, enough to waive them to acquire other FAs.
    Fair enough

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

The young guys looked pretty good in their first summer league game.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The young guys looked pretty good in their first summer league game.
    yup..

-Ingram has very smooth shooting style. He looked great in his first professional game. I cannot wait to see him play again tonight and monday to see him get more comfortable out there. He didn't force it and looked completely natural out there.

-Russell was aggressive but looked bit streaky. When he drove in, he looked very good. He had tons of assists and played well all around game.

-Zubac was solid at center! I kind of hope he can be our center for some time and grow with this team. I think he has much more potential of contributing in long run than Mozgov. He is quick, has good footwork for a center, and showed signs of defensive potential/prowess. I am very interested to see how Zubac works out.

-Larry Nance jr looks special! I think he will be a very good backup for years to come. He just has to not get too reckless and avoid foul trouble. I like his game though.

I am very excited by what I saw from my Laker guys! Ingram is eating 5,000 calories a day to add some muscle.. He currently weighs 190. Imagine him at 220 pounds.. KD weight!

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, really excited to see Ingram in a few more games. Ben Simmons was really disappointing in summer league. If Ingram can put together a few more good games it will really start to look like having the 2nd pick was actually better for the Lakers. Of course there's tons of people who have had terrible summer leagues and played great in the season and plenty who played great in summer league and just can't put it together during the season. Austin Daye was one of those guys. Killed it in summer league. Looked like a good stretch 4. The season came along and he sucked. Ingram's game does look like it will translate to the regular season so far though.

That was a fun game!

Wow. I was impressed we got that win, but we truly didn't deserve it. Ingram was not playing well most of the game until 4th quarter when he picked it up.

I dunno why D'Angelo isn't dominating these games. Even though he got the great clutch buzzerbeater, I was not pleased with his overall game. He looks way too streaky out there..

Larry Nance looks good. He will be a good backup for us. I had no idea he could fly that high! I wouldn't seeing him in the dunk contest :P

If Larry keeps this up, does that mean Lakers may take offers for Julius Randle?? I wonder if we can get a great SG if we package Randle and Clarkson together?? Hmmm...
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-10-2016 at 03:01 AM.

NBA lottery pick

I don't know of any SG's that are available. It kind of seems like one of the toughest positions in the league to get a good player at. I think that's why a lot of teams are using 2 PG's now.

I rule the local playground

i liked the Jose Calderon trade. i wish they would be more active trying to buy picks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    i liked the Jose Calderon trade. i wish they would be more active trying to buy picks right now.
    Ok take a guess who are these active Point guards
    All current players, , their CAREER REG STATS, who do you think is the best?

Player A. 47%FG, 35.5 3ptFG%, 52.2 EFG, 4.7 assists, 2.2 Turnovers.

Player B. 42%FG, 35% 3ptFG, 49%EFG , 5.7 assists, 2.2 Turnovers.

Player C. 47.4%FG, 41.2 3ptFG%, 54.4EFG%, 6.5 assists, 1.6 turnovers

Player D. 49.4 FG, 32.7%, 3ptFG%, 51.1 EFG%, 5.9 assist, 2.4 turnovers.

Player E, 42.9% FG, 32%3ptFG%, 45.5EFG%, 9 assists, 4 turnovers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>

Choices,, John Wall, Tony Parker,Dragic, Lowry, , Jose Calderon.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Player A ....???? Dragic,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Player B.....????
    Lowry

Player C.

????
    Calderon- 47.4%FG, 41.2 3ptFG%, 54.4EFG%, 6.5 assists, 1.6 turnovers

Player D.
    Parker. 49.4 FG, 32.7%, 3ptFG%, 51.1 EFG%, 5.9 assist, 2.4 turnovers.

Player E. John Wall.

Calderon, yes, the guy is old and slow now, many frowned esp Laker fans because he is a bum? not spectacular, not cocky, yet he shoots a pretty good 3pt %, assists has been down bec of less playing time but the guy also has a low turnover ratio. However, I love Huertas' passing more, if Luke can figure out a way to mask Calderon's bad defense and maximize his ability to shoot...I think he's better off playing SG.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 07-11-2016 at 04:27 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Calderon definitely can't play SG. He's pretty much done. He used to be a decent offensive player but he really doesn't even have that going for him anymore.

Calderon definitely can't play SG. He's pretty much done. He used to be a decent offensive player but he really doesn't even have that going for him anymore.
    Calderon is just 35 yrs old (Jameer Nelson is just 1 yr younger), it's not like he relies heavily on his athletism to contribute. Yes he sat down the last 5 games bec of right Quad contusion but his last 5 games he averaged 6 assists/game. The last time he shot below 33% from the 3 was Dec 19 of last year.
    He only missed 9 games the whole season, Rose and Wall missed more games.
    What I also like about this guy is that he is not a wreckless passer, again his assist to turnover ratio is better than a lot of other PGs,
    but hey if you have inside info about his status, then ok, maybe the Lakers maybe better off playing the young guns a ton more minutes to hasten their maturity.

NBA lottery pick

I was just really bummed with Calderon's game years ago when he was in Detroit. He was terrible defensively. Decent on offense. Maybe he can be a decent backup.

I was just really bummed with Calderon's game years ago when he was in Detroit. He was terrible defensively. Decent on offense. Maybe he can be a decent backup.
    I am not going to argue about his defense or lack thereof but smart coaches have found ways to mask players' deficiencies. I think of Carlos Boozer under Jerry Sloan or heck remember when DKLaker used to butcher Derek Fisher's defense right in this board?
    I was really hoping Luke could lure defensive guru Ron Adams away from Kerr but it didn't happened.
    Anyway, I found this article
    http://www.thefullcourt.press/nba-pl...-jose-calderon
    [QUOTE][B]And that leadership isn

NBA lottery pick

The Knicks really needed a PG last season. Everybody who watches basketball knows this. He didn't get the job done at all. I don't think it's even possible to stick up for his play last season. If he was that good he would have stuck around in NY. The only reason the Lakers even went for the trade is because they got two 2nd round picks. They weren't going to just take on that contract for Chicago. This trade isn't about getting a key piece for this season. Clarkson and Russell should be getting the bulk of the minutes at the guard positions. I'm more excited for their development than someone who couldn't even help the Pistons nearly 5 years ago now. Did anyone notice what he did in Dallas? Because they really needed a PG at that time too.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    atleast they get 2 2nd rounders for getting him.
    exactly why i liked the trade.

Calderon provides good veteran leadership in the locker-room than anything else.

Might average 15 minutes a game max so I wouldn't expect him to contribute much on the court as he will in the locker-room behind the scenes.