Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking News: R.I.P Sonics

i'm happy about this. nothing against the city of seattle but here in texas now i can keep up more with their team the night that they are actually playing instead of having to wait till the next day because of how late they play. i like them because of my boi Kevin Durant and they are building an exciting young team. good for OKC and well bad for seattle... lol

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Breaking News: Sonics will move to OKC

i wonder what the judges ruling would have been on this? since they settled seems like to me both sides were not real confident they had presented the best arguments to the court

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Default Re: man, f**k david stern

Quote Originally Posted by nosurrender
    he's done many great things for the NBA in the past (i'm talking more than a decade ago), but nowadays I think he's getting a little too old for this job. he's pulling a lot of bush league (no pun intended) moves. The NBA audience is mostly young adults. We need new blood in that front office.

I always thought stern was comparable to george bush and stu jackson to dick cheney

whenever i hear news about them, i hate them more

He knows a lot more about the sonics and their rich history more than we do. He saw the franchise grow, and now that they're not producing bucks as much as they used to, he stabs them in the back. AS THE COMMISSIONER HE HAD EVERY RESPONSIBLITY TO AT LEAST APPEAR TO FEEL SYMPATHY FOR SEATTLE. NEVER HAS HE DONE that. He was encouraging bennett all the way, AND DID SO OPENLY IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA. GET YOUR OLD ASS OUTTA HERE

fu*k david stern
    stern works for the owners so i partly understand why he did what he did for bennett

but it wasnt good for the league; certainly not good for seattle

but i am with you

fu(k bennett and stern

growing up, seattle just seemed like a team that defined the nba. they had some really great players and i loved their jerseys. it doesnt seem right that they're gone

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
    stern works for the owners so i partly understand why he did what he did for bennett

but it wasnt good for the league; certainly not good for seattle

but i am with you

fu(k bennett and stern
    Is that the first time RBP has cursed on these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i wonder what the judges ruling would have been on this? since they settled seems like to me both sides were not real confident they had presented the best arguments to the court
    yeah, both sides blinked in this

the city was soooo confident until they hit the poisoned well drama with slade gorton and wally walker working the back rooms to perhaps get other buyers for the team after they milked bennett for $$$$$ with the court case

in the end, the seattle pols did what they thought would give them the most $$$$ and keep the door open for a team in the future.

the big "ifs" are:

if they could convince the state legislature to extend the safeco field tax

and

if they can convince the nba to get us a new team

i am not optimistic here

seems like the city just wanted to maximize the $$$$ to me and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    growing up, seattle just seemed like a team that defined the nba. they had some really great players and i loved their jerseys. it doesnt seem right that they're gone
    it is not right indeed

that is why i am using ish to vent right now

This is unfortunate. I think they should leave the Sonic name and jerseys in Seattle and start fresh in OKC. Similar to when the Browns moved to Baltimore. Maybe some day the Sonics can arise again just like the Browns did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    This is unfortunate. I think they should leave the Sonic name and jerseys in Seattle and start fresh in OKC. Similar to when the Browns moved to Baltimore. Maybe some day the Sonics can arise again just like the Browns did.
    yeah i agree. even tho im not a fan of the sonics, if this was happening to the nuggets my greatest hope would be that we would get an expansion team and we could start all over again, clean. if i knew any sonics fans i would buy them a drink tonight cuz this is pretty unfair.

My condolences to all Sonic fans (all 3 of you jk lol) ..but seriously ..I hate to see any team move..this sucks!

I think they should leave the Sonic name and jerseys in Seattle and start fresh in OKC.
    imagine that and damn i just heard somebody get shot.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    imagine that and damn i just heard somebody get shot.
    ???

In It to Win It

This whole thing is unfortunate. The Sonics were one of the first teams I remember watching - the one that went to the 1996 Finals, and had that wonderful lineup of Kemp, Payton, Schrempf, Hawkins, Perkins. - I was just talking to my friend about this today lol. But yeah, Seattle is the most intelligent major city in the U.S. and now they are losing an NBA team. Dumber fans are coming back (not really dissing OK City, I'm just angry at the Sonics' management), and instead, the Memphis Grizzlies should have moved to OK City, not the Sonics. Maybe the Grizz can move to Seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Is that the first time RBP has cursed on these boards?
    its the first time the sonics have ever moved

Fuck him with this: