Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Wilt is the best athlete in NBA history

Athlete is too ambiguous of a term to accurately describe a player but if we are talking all around athleticism without considering height such as speed,strength, explosiveness from standstill, leaping ability, reflexes, I would say a short player like Nate Robinson or Spud Webb would be most athletic.

This seems more like a discussion of the best TALL athlete in NBA history.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD
    Athlete is too ambiguous of a term to accurately describe a player but if we are talking all around athleticism without considering height such as speed,strength, explosiveness from standstill, leaping ability, reflexes, I would say a short player like Nate Robinson or Spud Webb would be most athletic.

This seems more like a discussion of the best TALL athlete in NBA history.
    He would be missing the strength aspect though. Nate would most likely have a higher vertical than wilt but wilt would be much stronger. As far as speed it's probably a tie. Nate would be quicker as far as bursts and change of direction but wilt would much faster in a 100 meters or more.

Put it this way. If they were to compete in a bunch of Olympic sports. Wilt would probably mop the floor with him in almost everything. He would crush him in all of the track and field events. He would also crush him in wresting, power lifting, swimming, volleyball, you name it. I'm sure Nate would be better at a few things I'm not thinking of but wilt would be better at way more.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    See above. Round mound posted a bunch of videos showing wilts speed, jumping and strength.

It's irrelevant though tbh. Wilt dosnt even have to be faster or as fast as LeBron. He dosnt have to be able to jump as high or higher than LeBron. He just has to be close because he's much bigger. Lebron isn't viewed by some as the greatest athlete ever in the NBA because he's stronger, faster and can jump higher than everyone. He's looked on that way because people are amazed that someone that size can move, run and jump as fast or high as he can. There's plenty of smaller players that have higher verticals than LeBron. There's plenty of smaller players that are faster than lebron. There's plenty of bigger players that are stronger than LeBron. There's just nobody his size thats competitive in all three areas.

So if your gonna apply that reasoning to LeBron you have to apply it to wilt aslo
    How is that anywhere close to prime LeBrons speed and athletisim Stop trolling

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    How is that anywhere close to prime LeBrons speed and athletisim Stop trolling
    Your only seeing what you want to see dude. There's a clip in those videos that absolutely shows wilt running as fast as I've ever seen Bron run. That along with the fact that he's officially clocked at 49 seconds in the 400 meter should say it all.

I put it to you like I put it to another guy on here. If LeBron and wilt or whoever in the history of the NBA competed In All of the Olympic games wilt would crush Bron and everyone else in pretty much everything. All of the track events like sprinting, long jump,high jump, shotput ECT. Most of the other events also. Swimming, volleyball, wrestling, power lifting you name it. There a few things Bron would win at but wilt would be better in most of them.