Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default This GIF shows why Lebron lacks the best skillset

Lebron has a 6-footer on him and a great chance for a legendary game-winner, but he isn't aggressive and doesn't pull-up to shoot over him:

He doesn't even square up in an offensive/triple-threat stance - instead, he pretends the little Curry has him off-balance - this is what brain-f*ucked/panic choking looks like...

His fans will say that he's waiting on a cutter in that GIF - but the defense is waiting on that same cutter because he isn't in the proper offensive stance, so it's clear he won't make an offensive move and is looking to pass - that isn't"genius", or skilled - it's telegraphing/lower skill level.

Ultimately, it's a skill deficit because he doesn't know what to do from a pre-dribble, stationary position (triple-threat position), so he freezes here and chokes.

here's what he should've done - any of these would've worked:

But that ^^^ requires great skill from the triple-threat and an aggressive mindset - no live dribble - it's a set of footwork and a way of playing that Lebron lacks, which is why he isn't capable of a game-winner on the championship level
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-18-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Default Re: This GIF shows why Lebron lacks the best skillset

Basketball aside, answer me this 3ball: how's your day going 3ball?

My day is going alright. I got a vanilla ice cream and currently eating it at 9 PM at night. Pretty cool.

Hi 3ball.

9-1

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    9-1
    trolling aside, my rankings are:

1# MJ
    2# KAJ
    3#LBJ

3ball is an underrated poster and stomped down by many but he consistently works hard on his poster craft. For your hard work, imma give this thread 5 stars.

Yay 3ball.

5 star: Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer
    trolling aside, my rankings are:

1# MJ
    2# KAJ
    3#LBJ

3ball is an underrated poster and stomped down by many but he consistently works hard on his poster craft. For your hard work, imma give this thread 5 stars.

Yay 3ball.
    Lebron needs to win a non-ready-made ring to be legit to me

his Heat and Cavs teams from 2011 and 2015 were pre-season and pre-playoffs favorites to win it all in year 1 of existence - so he needs to build a champion in some kind of way for me, for sort like how Kobe needed to win without Shaq..

Ultimately, it's a knock on his game that he plays an overly ball-dominant style that doesn't develop good teamwork or teammates (they become spot-up guys), and therefore needs a bunch of ready-made stars to win... And even then he's still 3/9 and fielding 51-win underdogs with prime Kyrie/Love and a smorgasbord of shooters that get destroyed in the Finals because of the aforementioned inferior brand..

So no, I don't have him #3 like you.. I put him below Bird - he was a better pure basketball player - better combination of shooting/passing/rebounding, and other things like posting and high ratio of stats to time of possession (time with the ball in the player's hands).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Lebron needs to win a non-ready-made ring to be legit to me

his Heat and Cavs teams from 2011 and 2015 were pre-season and pre-playoffs favorites to win it all in year 1 of existence - so he needs to build a champion in some kind of way for me, for sort like how Kobe needed to win without Shaq..

Ultimately, it's a knock on his game that he plays an overly ball-dominant style that doesn't develop good teamwork or teammates (they become spot-up guys), and therefore needs a bunch of ready-made stars to win... And even then he's still 3/9 and fielding 51-win underdogs with prime Kyrie/Love and a smorgasbord of shooters that get destroyed in the Finals because of the aforementioned inferior brand..

So no, I don't have him #3 like you.. I put him below Bird - he was a better pure basketball player - better combination of shooting/passing/rebounding, and other things like posting and high ratio of stats to time of possession (time with the ball in the player's hands).
    Say what you will about Lebron's 12' and 13' rings, but I do believe that the 16' ring Lebron and the Cavs got was legit. They came back from 3-1 in the Finals.
    Before Lebron and the Cavs won the Finals, they had no chance of winning from 3-1 deficit.

Record: 0-32. After Cavs won: 1-32. This why Lebron is in my top 3. I

I respect your opinion 3ball, and man that ice cream was delicious! What was the last meal you ate 3ball?

[QUOTE=warriorfan]I

Exactly.. it was total BS because lebron is telegraphing that he will pass it on that play - he clearly isn't going to shoot it, so the defense anticipates and disrupts the pass

And he can't just rise up and shoot it because he lacks the skill - I've never seen him rise up and shoot like that except a 1-off on rare occasion.. generally, his one-dribble-pull-up and turnaround are garbage compared to MJ/Kobe/Bird - he can't seemlessly rely on them when they're needed (in the clutch)
    Ever heard of the ''LeBronto'' game? This man was hitting fadeaways! But I admit that Lebron can't rely his pull-up and fadeaway in the clutch.

ISH has a 6 picture limit solely to stop 3ball from eviscerating niccas with that GIF ether

just another example why it's impossible to double Lebron

he'll rip laser precision overhead passes to cutters blindfolded

lucky Klay was there to get away with the hook foul on Hill, easy 2 piece

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer
    Say what you will about Lebron's 12' and 13' rings, but I do believe that the 16' ring Lebron and the Cavs got was legit. They came back from 3-1 in the Finals.
    Before Lebron and the Cavs won the Finals, they had no chance of winning from 3-1 deficit.

Record: 0-32. After Cavs won: 1-32. This why Lebron is in my top 3. I

I respect your opinion 3ball, and man that ice cream was delicious! What was the last meal you ate 3ball?
    He had so much help though, so he wasn't overcoming any talent deficit - his 2nd option demolished their 1st option, so lebron only had to outplay Klay - Kyrie took out their top guy already

More importantly, he lost with Kyrie's 29 ppg in 2017 - MJ would've won with that because the best help he ever lost with was pippen's 19 on 41% in the 95' ECSF (baseball year)... If we include woolridge, it's his 20 on 50% in the 85' 1st Rd (MJ's rookie year).. outside of MJ's baseball year and rookie year, the best help he lost with was Pippen's 16 on 42% in the 90' ECF (pip migraine) and woolridge's 21 on 40% in the 86' 1st Rd.. So it's clear thatJ didn't lose when he got any decent help at all..

The reason MJ won with so much less was because he leveraged his teammates' points better to put better pressure on the opponents defense and wear them down more - a confused/worn down defense is less likely to get hot offensively and MJ's ball movement style wore down defenses better than Lebron/Kyrie's "my turn your turn" approach.. heck, MJ won many series with Pippen getting 15 on 33-40%, including a couple Finals, while Lebron's "my-turn-your-turn" loses with 29 ppg from Kyrie.. clearly, mj's technique is more effective at leveraging teammates

Ultimately,vMJ's off-ball skillset yields more powerful teams because ball movement has always gotten better looks for teammates than 1 guy dominating the ball in the half court... accordingly, skillsets that allow ball movement (Curry, MJ, Bird) will yield the best teams given equal casts, coaching smarts, and #1 option statistical output..

He had so much help though, so he wasn't overcoming any talent deficit - his 2nd option demolished their 1st option, so lebron only had to outplay Klay - Kyrie took out their top guy already

More importantly, he lost with Kyrie's 29 ppg in 2017 - MJ would've won with that because the best help he ever lost with was pippen's 19 on 41% in the 95' ECSF (baseball year)... If we include woolridge, it's his 20 on 50% in the 85' 1st Rd (MJ's rookie year).. outside of MJ's baseball year and rookie year, the best help he lost with was Pippen's 16 on 42% in the 90' ECF (pip migraine) and woolridge's 21 on 40% in the 86' 1st Rd.. So it's clear thatJ didn't lose when he got any decent help at all..

The reason MJ won with so much less was because he leveraged his teammates' points better to put better pressure on the opponents defense and wear them down more - a confused/worn down defense is less likely to get hot offensively and MJ's ball movement style wore down defenses better than Lebron/Kyrie's "my turn your turn" approach.. heck, MJ won many series with Pippen getting 15 on 33-40%, including a couple Finals, while Lebron's "my-turn-your-turn" loses with 29 ppg from Kyrie.. clearly, mj's technique is more effective at leveraging teammates

Ultimately,vMJ's off-ball skillset yields more powerful teams because ball movement has always gotten better looks for teammates than 1 guy dominating the ball in the half court... accordingly, skillsets that allow ball movement (Curry, MJ, Bird) will yield the best teams given equal casts, coaching smarts, and #1 option statistical output..
    Nice response 3ball. You got me sold on Lebron's inferior skillset. You convinced me that Lebron not the GOAT and never will be. But I think my list includes Lebron being at #3. #1 Jordan #2 KAJ #3 LBJ

I wish people respected you as a poster and as a human being. I am 14 years old so I think it's common for people to rank their childhood hero higher than others. You convinced me that Bron Bron has an inferior skillset compared to MJ.

You are legend 3ball sir!