Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Curry on returning to CLE: "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne"

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    This is the Cavs championship...so they'll probably snort a few extra lines to ensure a win.
    No, the Cavs' championship will be ... when they're playing in The Finals later this NBA season. This is a regular season game.

Still, I welcome the additional storylines provided by Curry's arrogance. Props to you, buddy.

Banned

Default Re: Curry on returning to CLE: "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne"

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It seems the Warriors have employed an "us vs. the world" narrative. Maybe that is something teams going for a repeat always have to do, but the Warriors public image switch from "fun, easy-to-root-for young team bucking the old system" to annoyingly arrogant and "the bad guys" has been pretty stunning.

Curry has highlight reels of great individual performances getting massive amounts of dislikes just because people are tired of the arrogance and the NBA shoving it down our throats.

I don't think this is going to help in that regard... not that Curry should really care. But, I would say that giving extra motivation to an already pretty damn good team is ballsy.

These are the things that can make sports more interesting, so I have no problem with it. I support Curry's newfound public arrogance. Let your freak flag fly, brother.

Yous gay

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Yous gay
    Tread lightly, n00b.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

No, the Cavs' championship will be ... when they're playing in The Finals later this NBA season. This is a regular season game.

Still, I welcome the additional storylines provided by Curry's arrogance. Props to you, buddy.
    Are you really saying this isn't the most important game of the year for the Cavs so far and that they won't be more hyped than the Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Are you really saying this isn't the most important game of the year for the Cavs so far and that they won't be more hyped than the Warriors?

That's not what you said, though. You said it would be "the championship" for the team, which is obviously an overstatement.

It would be a nice game to win, for sure. I actually think gong 5-1 on the team's most difficult road trip (a rare Texas Triangle) was more important.

I like it. Adds a little something something to a regular season game.

But what will the excuse be when the cavs lose this time?

Charlie Conway ‏@billpicha8 2h2 hours ago
    @diamond83 "hopefully Kyrie and Love are still injured"

It seems the Warriors have employed an "us vs. the world" narrative. Maybe that is something teams going for a repeat always have to do, but the Warriors public image switch from "fun, easy-to-root-for young team bucking the old system" to annoyingly arrogant and "the bad guys" has been pretty stunning.

Curry has highlight reels of great individual performances getting massive amounts of dislikes just because people are tired of the arrogance and the NBA shoving it down our throats.

I don't think this is going to help in that regard... not that Curry should really care. But, I would say that giving extra motivation to an already pretty damn good team is ballsy.

These are the things that can make sports more interesting, so I have no problem with it. I support Curry's newfound public arrogance. Let your freak flag fly, brother.
    So what type of champagne do Curry & Golden State drink?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So what type of champagne do Curry & Golden State drink?
    I'd guess demi-sec, but brut would also not surprise me. Definitely something pretentious, though.

Oh come on, lets not take 2 videos and extrapolate that as if it is a common trend.

Curry and the Warriors are extremely popular. He needs to sustain his dominance (which he is) and he'll maintain that like Bron, Kobe and Wade have over the course of their careers. Durant hasn't even really reached that level but Curry has a one up with the market he is in.

He is fine. Not overly arrogant, and adds a different type of flash we haven't seen in a while. Whether you like it or not, he has made shooting cool and popular again.

Decent college freshman

I'd guess demi-sec, but brut would also not surprise me. Definitely something pretentious, though.

Anyway I love what Curry said. Gives extra "oomph" to a regular-season game, even if it is between last years finalists.