Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Complete Player

Default Re: Is there any footage of Jordan flopping?

Jordan despised flopping so I doubt you would find any footage of him doing so. And with all the physical contact back then and with Jordan being the face of the league you would think he would have tried the typical bitch antics of today like flailing his limbs or screaming as loud as he could during a shot to get a cheap whistle but he never did.

The only notable flopper on the offensive side of the ball back then was Reggie Miller and I remember Jordan saying playing against Miller was like having a chickenfight with a woman because of all of his flopping He certainly didn't respect that kind of play and I doubt he would respect the things these players do today either, especially since the rules are so much better for them.

Banned

Flopping is the only part of basketball he didn't invent

It's not the players fault that there's so much flopping in today's game, it's the rules. I mean sure, the players are the ones who do it, but it's just an easy way to get the ball back or get some free shots. If they're going to call any little contact, then naturally player's are going to sell it more.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Jordan despised flopping so I doubt you would find any footage of him doing so. And with all the physical contact back then and with Jordan being the face of the league you would think he would have tried the typical bitch antics of today like flailing his limbs or screaming as loud as he could during a shot to get a cheap whistle but he never did.

The only notable flopper on the offensive side of the ball back then was Reggie Miller and I remember Jordan saying playing against Miller was like having a chickenfight with a woman because of all of his flopping He certainly didn't respect that kind of play and I doubt he would respect the things these players do today either, especially since the rules are so much better for them.
    Exactly. I remember that chickenfight comment, too

He and Pippen hated the flopping Rodman used to get away with back then. But at least he sold it. He had feet quick enough to fool you if you weren't paying attention. The way he used to throw his body around and make it look like the guy shot him out of a cannon was almost a work of art even if I despised him for it.

Today's flopping is just a lazy, attention-whoring mess.

Decent playground baller thelucifer69's Avatar

This is what happen when MJ got bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QK5l3AMJ2E#t=14m28s

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Much of those "degrading" stuff doesnt exist of Michael Jordan.... i guess its a way to make him look even more like a GOD, like the perfect player....

He had airballs, freethrow line airballs
    He had flops
    He had cheapshots
    He had massive amount of travels (he got away mostly with alot of ball-palming)

If the internet was back then like it is today... im sure Jordan (or anybody else) would not get away without someone like PHONG spamming videos/GIFs of literally all his failures...

that was the worst post in ISH history.. nobody called u out so im gonna do it.

first off, jordan rarely traveled, and if he did, its nowhere near the amount that lebron, wade and kobe do nowadays.

second, jordan never flopped or cheapshotted. he played like an absolute MAN (bird, duncan, magic, etc)

hes the GOAT for a reason. mentally he's a beast as well as physically.. and jordan was way too strong to play like a bltch.

NBA rookie of the year

Much of those "degrading" stuff doesnt exist of Michael Jordan.... i guess its a way to make him look even more like a GOD, like the perfect player....

He had flops
    He had cheapshots

If the internet was back then like it is today... im sure Jordan (or anybody else) would not get away without someone like PHONG spamming videos/GIFs of literally all his failures...
    I can agree with most of that stuff except FT airballs (which I have never seen in the 500+ Bulls games I've seen) and the flopping. I have never seen Jordan flop, and in fact he was a player who relished physical contact and wasn't bothered by it on either end. I defy you to find me a single flop by Jordan of the sort you see today regularly. It never happened. Dude was a warrior who wanted to kill you, not someone who wanted to flop and act to gain some sort of advantage.

Great college starter

JORDAN FLOP???

What kind of player you think Jordan was??

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelucifer69
    This is what happen when MJ got bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QK5l3AMJ2E#t=14m28s
    Yeah that's the first play that came to mind when I saw the thread.

But in this situation he actually has to flop. If he falls to the ground the refs are almost always going to call this, and he wins the game. If Jordan is the winner he seems to be he probably regretted not flopping on this play.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Yeah that's the first play that came to mind when I saw the thread.

But in this situation he actually has to flop. If he falls to the ground the refs are almost always going to call this, and he wins the game. If Jordan is the winner he seems to be he probably regretted not flopping on this play.

Why would he regret it?? He's played like that his entire life...that was just basketball being played back then. Notice he never complained about it.

Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd2Wqt21_Yo

At 1:58 in this video, Jordan is being completely held....no call, no complaints, no flops. This was a critical FINALS game.

The game was different back then.

He had flops
    He had cheapshots
    This fits LeBron to a T... not Jordan.

Nope.

GOAT's don't flop.

Pauk has been working on a compilation for the past 3 years. Still waiting for it, pauk.

National High School Star

One of the classic games were on the other night. It was uh...Game 7 vs Portland. And the players were accusing him of flopping.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Pauk has been blue balling the board for years now ... rumor has it he's 27 games through though.. and will complete the compilation by 2053.