Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best NBA GM in the league right now

I'm thinking its a toss up between Ainge (rebounded so quickly, plus that 08 masterpiece)

or maybe Presti. Say what you want about the guy, he drafts well.

KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Steven Adams and such. Guy's got a good eye. Or good advisors, either way ,it works.

Great college starter

Default Re: Best GM in the league right now

Ainge has been great and you have to like how he accumulates assets while not completely being a shitshow like Philly has been, though the draft didn't go particularly well as he was unable to move any of those assets

Though for me it's easily RC Buford. Dude is just amazing at what he does and has a serious eye for finding gems late in the draft as well as players that fit the Spurs style of play and culture. I didn't even know the trade to get Kawhi was rough for Buford because almost no one thought it was worth it (Can see more about that here)
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...st-6617799.php

Then more recently bringing in LMA who was probably the biggest real FA prize last season and also seamlessly fit into the club, etc. Drafting Dejounte Murray who is widely regarded as the steal of the draft

Guy just gets things done

Presti's done some excellent drafting as well

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Ainge has been great and you have to like how he accumulates assets while not completely being a shitshow like Philly has been, though the draft didn't go particularly well as he was unable to move any of those assets

Though for me it's easily RC Buford. Dude is just amazing at what he does and has a serious eye for finding gems late in the draft as well as players that fit the Spurs style of play and culture. I didn't even know the trade to get Kawhi was rough for Buford because almost no one thought it was worth it (Can see more about that here)
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...st-6617799.php

Then more recently bringing in LMA who was probably the biggest real FA prize last season and also seamlessly fit into the club, etc. Drafting Dejounte Murray who is widely regarded as the steal of the draft

Guy just gets things done

Presti's done some excellent drafting as well
    The thing about the Buford/Duncan/Pop trio, is that they are all so amazing together that you can't help but wonder if some are not more responsible for this then others.

Does Pop becomes 'Pop' without duncan?
    Does Duncan becomes what he is without Pop?
    Does Buford becomes so acclaimed without duncan and pop to draw FA?

But definetly can't argue with his record.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    The thing about the Buford/Duncan/Pop trio, is that they are all so amazing together that you can't help but wonder if some are not more responsible for this then others.

Does Pop becomes 'Pop' without duncan?
    Does Duncan becomes what he is without Pop?
    Does Buford becomes so acclaimed without duncan and pop to draw FA?

But definetly can't argue with his record.
    Great points
    I was never a believer in Pops till about 5-6 years ago.
    I can't see Duncan not doing well under any other coach, the guy is great.
    But I base it Drafts, drafting Parker and esp Ginobli late in the 2nd round was just simply superb.
    I was going to say finding Kawhi too, yes the guidance of Pops helps a ton but this kid is so hardworking and obedient, again can't see him not being successful with another club.
    But my question who is the worst?
    Sacramento?
    Utah to me is also over rated, Hawks is going no where.

David griffin

masai ujiri deserves a mention. did a great job in denver and has done great things for toronto. Great haul in the Rudy Gay trade. resigned derozan and lowry's on a great contract. Raptors are one of the better organizations when it comes to analytics but Ujiri also started as a scout so he has that area covered too. This article is kind of old but kind of shows what I'm talking about, how the raptors are using film study and analytics together. http://grantland.com/features/the-to...al-revolution/

Great college starter

Is Vlade Divac GM? Lol, whatever role he has in Sac, he's by far the worst at it

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    David griffin

This. With an honorable mention to Lebron.

Lebron doesnt pick the players he plays with of course, but his tremendous versatility and high IQ is such an enormous help to GMs when it comes to finding talent that fits and putting a team together. Lebron should have at least a couple co-GMotY's. He's that important.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Great points
    I was never a believer in Pops till about 5-6 years ago.
    I can't see Duncan not doing well under any other coach, the guy is great.
    But I base it Drafts, drafting Parker and esp Ginobli late in the 2nd round was just simply superb.
    I was going to say finding Kawhi too, yes the guidance of Pops helps a ton but this kid is so hardworking and obedient, again can't see him not being successful with another club.
    But my question who is the worst?
    Sacramento?
    Utah to me is also over rated, Hawks is going no where.
    Definetly the worst GM in the NBA. What's with all the centers he has been drafting? damn. Sactown is the the NBA's suecide squad.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    masai ujiri deserves a mention. did a great job in denver and has done great things for toronto. Great haul in the Rudy Gay trade. resigned derozan and lowry's on a great contract. Raptors are one of the better organizations when it comes to analytics but Ujiri also started as a scout so he has that area covered too. This article is kind of old but kind of shows what I'm talking about, how the raptors are using film study and analytics together. http://grantland.com/features/the-to...al-revolution/
    Yes. I like his decision to go ''All in' on Derozen and Lowry. Worked well for him. Somewhat reminds me of GSW trading Ellis to let Curry bloom, despite Ellis being the much better player at the time.

NBA rookie of the year

Bob Myers

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Lebron doesnt pick the players he plays with of course, but his tremendous versatility and high IQ is such an enormous help to GMs when it comes to finding talent that fits and putting a team together. Lebron should have at least a couple co-GMotY's. He's that important.
    Your lebron fangirling aside-

You're not incorrect.
    I really like his channig frye move this year,
    And I can't stress enough how that Shumpert/Mozgov/JR smith move changed the history of the NBA.

Not to mention getting Mo williams in FA, that really helped when Kyrie was out. Definetly a great GM.

LeGM obviously.

Default Re: Best NBA GM in the league right now

Bob Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Yup, assembling a super team in Miami then joining Kyrie, beastie rebounder, an an Allstar PF etc

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Best NBA GM in the league right now

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Bob Myers.
    This. Dude has the potential to become the GOAT GM.