Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default 2011 NBA Finals Game 6 preview: Mavs at Heat

2011 NBA Finals Game 6 preview

Game 6 is Sunday in Miami. If there's a Game 7, it's Tuesday in Miami.

Do you guys expect any changes from either team, or key players on either team?

For the Heat, Dwyane Wade has been AWESOME. LeBron James has been pretty good (compared to more mortal players) but he's been invisible offensively in the 4th quarters. And all series long, he's not attacking the rim and therefore not getting to the free throw line. He's often been just an observer. It's weird.

Also, Bosh, Joel Anthony and Bibby have shot bricks throughout the Finals.

For the Mavs, Dirk has been AWESOME. Tyson Chandler has been very good, especially on defense. Jason Terry has been OK, shooting 44% for 16ppg. Shawn Marion's been good, especially on D. Kidd is shooting bricks. Peja fell out of the rotation.

What do you expect for Game 6?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 6 preview: Mavs at Heat

I believe Dwyane Wade comes back strong from that hip injury and scores 30+ with the Heat winning at home and forcing a game 7. LeBron also will step up and not go down in a bad way, even though he's not going to get credit for this 'ship.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I think Dallas will keep this game close all game long, and then go on a run toward the end the game to win the championship. (Obviously looking at the trends from previous games)

Local High School Star

I think the Mavs are finally going to beat them through 4 quarters

There no way Miami loses this game. Chalmers will start and Miami will run the 2/3 pick and roll to death

I think it will be a very close game, going back and forth with a lot of lead changes, and near the end of the 4th I see the Mavs going on a run with the whole team contributing.

Jet hits a three with 30 seconds to seal the deal for good.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Miami win or go home it that simple.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Dirk and company get their revenge this Sunday like the Lakers got revenge last year against the Celtics. Going to be epic.

Default Just 2 easy adjustments and the Heat win this series and the Title....

1) Get Tyson Chandler off the court and get that guy into foul trouble. What's amazing is that Chandler always gets into foul trouble through his entire career, he has a big problem with that. What I would do is send Wade into the paint repeatedly in the first quarter and get some fouls on chandler sticking him on the bench !! Without Haywood for the rest of this series the Mavs will be in real trouble at that point and the Heat will win these 2 games handily if they do that..

2) They must make Dirk work on defense !! Mitch Richmond was on WQAM yesterday and I want you guys to listen to his interview here:

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

^ Listen to Richmond's take there and he is 100% CORRECT. We don't make Dirk work on defense AT ALL and that's why he has so much energy in 4th quarters for his offense, EVEN WHEN HE HAS THE FLU !!

Richmond makes an EXCELLENT POINT !! We must make Dirk run all over the floor when he's on defense because so far he has been getting a FREE PASS in these playoffs because we're not attacking him when we're on offense, and this allows Dirkj to just concentrate on offense himself, and he's killing us because of it. Chandler is a MUCH better defender than Dirk is and what we need to do is make Dirk run around on defense like the Mavs are making LeBron run around making him chase screens and picks through the first 3 quarters, and this is why LeBron gets worn down by the 4th quarter.

Did you guys notice how we were attacking Dirk in the middle of the 4th quarter in Game 5? We were setting Off screens and pick-and-rolls where the Heat got a bunch of easy Haslem and Bosh buckets on Dirk with beautiful passes on screens from Wade and LeBron. But then we were STUPID and STOPPED doing that in the final 4 minutes of the game and went back to our ISO game and stupid long range jumpshots after attacking Dirk relentlessly earlier in the 4th ending in layups and Dunks !! We must do this earlier in games and make Dirk run around and work !! By the 4th quarters he will be tired and won't be able to make those difficult shots he's making late in games !

Mitch Richmond is BANG on !! Why isn't Spoelstra fighting Fire with Fire ?!?! The Mavs are consciously making LeBron run around screens and chasing on defense for the entire first halves of this series, WE NEED TO DO THE SAME TO THEM and PASS the ball around a lot instead of ISO Making Dirk Work HARD on Defense in the 1st halves in Games 6 and 7!! We do this WE WIN !! Dirk is slow laterally and he is not a good shot blocker at all. He is not as good defensively as Chandler and Marion are... SO WE MUST ATTACK Dirk ! That is their weak link.. and then Chandler will come over to support Dirk getting beat down on defense getting Chandler in foul trouble as he needs to extend his defense.

The Mavs are extending our defense lately, WE NEED TO DO THE SAME TO THEM !! and the weak link is using our drives and athletic players down low like Haslem and Bosh to make Dirk move all over the court on defense. I want to see Dirk SCRAMBLING on defense in the 1st halves of games 6 and 7; .. I want to see Dirk stretch all the way to the 3-point line in his covers, then move the ball around getting him to the other side, then for good measure set curls and pick and rolls RIGHT ON Dirk and start getting into his head ON THAT SIDE OF THE BALL !! it will GREATLY affect his 4th quarter performance.. TRUST ME. This is what the Mavs are doing to lebron early in games and we MUST FIGHT Fire with Fire and do this to Dirk !! Attack him like we attacked Boozer's terrible defensive ability in the 3rd round in the Bulls series.

Trust me if we do this WE WIN !! Now what's Erik Spoelstra's email address so I can send this to him.?!

If we attacked Dirk's defense starting from Game 1, and made him work really hard on that side of the ball in the first 3 quarters, then right now we have this series already won and are NBA Champions.

MY BOSS IS A ***** Marquis Daniels's Avatar

Default Re: Just 2 easy adjustments and the Heat win this series and the Title....

da fukk why don't they think lik u

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Just 2 easy adjustments and the Heat win this series and the Title....

Yeah, it's so easy!
    Wait, here's the even easier recipe for a dominating Mavs win in game 6:

1) Make all your shots.
    2) Win!

See how easy that is?

38th pick to Rockets!! ChandlerParsons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis Daniels
    da fukk why don't they think lik u

38th pick to Rockets!! ChandlerParsons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    I think it will be a very close game, going back and forth with a lot of lead changes, and near the end of the 4th I see the Mavs going on a run with the whole team contributing.

Jet hits a three with 30 seconds to seal the deal for good.
    basically this.. That is how it is happening every Mavs win .. Except for game 2

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    1) Get Tyson Chandler off the court and get that guy into foul trouble. What's amazing is that Chandler always gets into foul trouble through his entire career, he has a big problem with that. What I would do is send Wade into the paint repeatedly in the first quarter and get some fouls on chandler sticking him on the bench !! Without Haywood for the rest of this series the Mavs will be in real trouble at that point and the Heat will win these 2 games handily if they do that..

2) They must make Dirk work on defense !! Mitch Richmond was on WQAM yesterday and I want you guys to listen to his interview here:

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

^ Listen to Richmond's take there and he is 100% CORRECT. We don't make Dirk work on defense AT ALL and that's why he has so much energy in 4th quarters for his offense, EVEN WHEN HE HAS THE FLU !!

Richmond makes an EXCELLENT POINT !! We must make Dirk run all over the floor when he's on defense because so far he has been getting a FREE PASS in these playoffs because we're not attacking him when we're on offense, and this allows Dirkj to just concentrate on offense himself, and he's killing us because of it. Chandler is a MUCH better defender than Dirk is and what we need to do is make Dirk run around on defense like the Mavs are making LeBron run around making him chase screens and picks through the first 3 quarters, and this is why LeBron gets worn down by the 4th quarter.

Did you guys notice how we were attacking Dirk in the middle of the 4th quarter in Game 5? We were setting Off screens and pick-and-rolls where the Heat got a bunch of easy Haslem and Bosh buckets on Dirk with beautiful passes on screens from Wade and LeBron. But then we were STUPID and STOPPED doing that in the final 4 minutes of the game and went back to our ISO game and stupid long range jumpshots after attacking Dirk relentlessly earlier in the 4th ending in layups and Dunks !! We must do this earlier in games and make Dirk run around and work !! By the 4th quarters he will be tired and won't be able to make those difficult shots he's making late in games !

Mitch Richmond is BANG on !! Why isn't Spoelstra fighting Fire with Fire ?!?! The Mavs are consciously making LeBron run around screens and chasing on defense for the entire first halves of this series, WE NEED TO DO THE SAME TO THEM and PASS the ball around a lot instead of ISO Making Dirk Work HARD on Defense in the 1st halves in Games 6 and 7!! We do this WE WIN !! Dirk is slow laterally and he is not a good shot blocker at all. He is not as good defensively as Chandler and Marion are... SO WE MUST ATTACK Dirk ! That is their weak link.. and then Chandler will come over to support Dirk getting beat down on defense getting Chandler in foul trouble as he needs to extend his defense.

The Mavs are extending our defense lately, WE NEED TO DO THE SAME TO THEM !! and the weak link is using our drives and athletic players down low like Haslem and Bosh to make Dirk move all over the court on defense. I want to see Dirk SCRAMBLING on defense in the 1st halves of games 6 and 7; .. I want to see Dirk stretch all the way to the 3-point line in his covers, then move the ball around getting him to the other side, then for good measure set curls and pick and rolls RIGHT ON Dirk and start getting into his head ON THAT SIDE OF THE BALL !! it will GREATLY affect his 4th quarter performance.. TRUST ME. This is what the Mavs are doing to lebron early in games and we MUST FIGHT Fire with Fire and do this to Dirk !! Attack him like we attacked Boozer's terrible defensive ability in the 3rd round in the Bulls series.

Trust me if we do this WE WIN !! Now what's Erik Spoelstra's email address so I can send this to him.?!

If we attacked Dirk's defense starting from Game 1, and made him work really hard on that side of the ball in the first 3 quarters, then right now we have this series already won and are NBA Champions.
    TYson Chandler is not that Bulls, New Orlean Hornets Chandler. He has really improved his IQ in pressure situations. First, hes gained defensive respect from the refs...and second when Wade attacks Chandler picks his spots so he doesnt get in foul trouble. Hes a good reason Bosh has been night n day in games...Doesnt fall for Bosh's pump fake.

Dirk blocked Bosh's dunk attempt,this is isnt the Dirk that runs scared of physical contact. Haslem,Anthony,Howard cannot Iso....And when he matches up with Bosh hes able to stay in front for the most part.

Bottom line is Mavs are hungrier and Carlisle has been out coaching SPO

Very good NBA starter

And DIrk is not the weakest link on D, Jason terry is usually the reason MIA has gone on runs early in games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hN6c0I8oXc

bottom line that DAL ball movement is consistent and it makes MIA defense scramble....DAL players are alot more disciplined with ball movement and it catches you guys out of position.. But if MIA plays one on one than DIrk will have a field day