Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Jabari Parker tonight 23/10/5

Every time I watch his games, I get angrier that the Raptors haven't torn down their roster yet. Wiggins might have the higher potential ceiling due to his superior athleticism but Parker (who isn't a slouch athletically either) is the more skilled player right now and today, I'd take him 1st overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Every time I watch his games, I get angrier that the Raptors haven't torn down their roster yet.
    No worries. He would have left the Raptors in 7 years time.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    So? A 7 year window is plenty of time to build a contending team around a superstar talent if you have competent management. After that, you hope to have established a long-term winner that players actually want to play for. If not, you tear it down and repeat the process until you get it right.

College star

So? A 7 year window is plenty of time to build a contending team around a superstar talent if you have competent management. After that, you hope to have established a long-term winner that players actually want to play for. If not, you tear it down and repeat the process until you get it right.
    Ladies and gentlemen, your 1999-2014 Raptors.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Parker reminds me of Glenn Robinson. The smooth jumper from mid-out, body type, similar athleticism. He'll be a 20 point scorer out the gate with the opportunity. Only thing lacking is ability to blow by his man off the dribble, like G-Rob, but a great player regardless. Multiple all-star appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    It beats the 5 year free agency superstar addition that you want the Raps to do...

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Ladies and gentlemen, your 1999-2014 Raptors.
    Minus the "competent management" part. That's kind of an important element. The Raptors drafted two great players in their history and both times did little to surround them with legit talent that would result in a winning team for the long run.

Saw a basketball once

College star

Minus the "competent management" part. That's kind of an important element. The Raptors drafted two great players in their history and both times did little to surround them with legit talent that would result in a winning team for the long run.
    Colangelo really set the Raptors back tremendously.

Has an NBA executive ever been more grossly hyped to be a personnel managing genius only to turn out to be a complete and utter buffoon? Colangelo is the general manager equilavent to Kwame Brown.

People are ignoring that everybody has said that Wiggins will likely take a couple years to become what he's being talked about as. He's going to be GREAT. Just like Parker. But Wiggins will take an extra year or two in the NBA. I would still take Wiggins first, but you can't go wrong.

If Parker can become a melo like scorer but also maintain his williness to share the ball, and take good shots, then I see him being a top 5 player in the league. The biggest difference I've seen between Parker and Melo is that Parker can get his shots within the offense, without always stopping the ball. Reminds me of pierce