Default 2018 - 2019 Season General Discussion

11-7 with a lethal stretch upcoming. So far Pistons have beat who they were supposed to beat and played close the teams they should play close. I was a staunch SVG defender, but Casey has already proved to be a marked improvement.

If the pistons get to November with above a .500 record then they are a serious threat for a 4-6 seed in the East.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2018 - 2019 Season General Discussion

I really like SVG as a person. I was against him as a coach. Hearing him now on the Lebatard show on Thursdays (ESPN radio), he says so much smart stuff and has such a great insight on the game. I thought that before when he was on there in between coaching jobs. But then he gets to a team and makes such dumb moves. Part of Casey looking better is having Reggie full time. Not that Reggie is great, just he's a clear upgrade from any of the back ups. Here's what really makes SVG not look like he did as well as he could to me though. Take a look at what the Clippers are doing in the Western conference. They have 3 former Pistons playing major roles on that team. Guys who couldn't attain a winning record here. Now I don't expect the Clippers to keep this up all year long, but clearly there is a much smarter way how the players are being used. I still think we kinda lost that Blake Griffin trade. He was the best player but I liked Tobias. Much more cap friendly deal too....

Stanley Johnson has been playing a little better the past few games. Still consider him a bust at this point but at least there's a glimmer of promise. I give Casey credit on using the younger guys better.

This team is still pretty mediocre just as I thought. I don't see a way to get out of it either. Maybe the Pistons do the same thing and somehow bring in that crazy contract of John Wall. An upgrade from Reggie but still can't shoot outside. It wouldn't put them at the top of the conference, but would at least be interesting. Then at least we could all talk about all the money they burned away

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons are interested in Markelle Fultz.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/markelle-fu...225345373.html
    I'd be willing to take a gamble. He is likely a bust but if he did reach his potential it would be huge. This team is stuck in mediocrity. It's impossible to go out and get another star. May as well take a shot at a diamond in the rough. If it doesn't work out no big deal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

detroit in in desperate need of out side shooting //
    Blake a Point power forward and running offense isn't the answer..

NBA lottery pick

Blake has actually been incredible so far this year. I still hate his contract and don't really agree with the trade, but it's not his fault on the court why the Pistons are mediocre. We really do have one of the best front lines in the NBA. Where I do blame Blake is we don't have any cap space to go out and get the outside shooting that we need. We need a PG, SG, and SF.... Wing players especially are so important. Now that we have Kennard back hopefully they can develop him into something. We need the Kennard that showed up against Philly (even though it was a loss). If he can shoot like that it will greatly help this team. Not saying I expect him to average 28ppg obviously. But if he can hit 4 threes and get us 15-18 that would really change things.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Blake has actually been incredible so far this year. I still hate his contract and don't really agree with the trade, but it's not his fault on the court why the Pistons are mediocre. We really do have one of the best front lines in the NBA. Where I do blame Blake is we don't have any cap space to go out and get the outside shooting that we need. We need a PG, SG, and SF.... Wing players especially are so important. Now that we have Kennard back hopefully they can develop him into something. We need the Kennard that showed up against Philly (even though it was a loss). If he can shoot like that it will greatly help this team. Not saying I expect him to average 28ppg obviously. But if he can hit 4 threes and get us 15-18 that would really change things.
    as much as i want to see it happen, i just don't think it will.

Reggie Bullock has, over the past two seasons, not so quietly become one of my favorite Pistons

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    Reggie Bullock has, over the past two seasons, not so quietly become one of my favorite Pistons
    Is it because he's had one good week? I like him. He's a decent player for his contract. But he really should be coming off the bench for a team that could contend.

Is it because he's had one good week? I like him. He's a decent player for his contract. But he really should be coming off the bench for a team that could contend.
    It's more that he shot 45% from 3 last year while being one of the only off the ball offensive threats the team had. his game reminds me of a 3point oriented rip.

i agree, he is definitely the kind of player who would flourish on the lakers, rockets, or sixers

NBA lottery pick

Anybody ready to blow this thing up yet? This stuck in mediocrity thing is really making the team hard to even follow anymore. It's bad move after bad move. New coach, same result. The roster just isn't there. This is a players league. The Pistons don't have the players. Stanley Johnson still isn't getting it done. We need a PG. Not sure what we have with Kennard yet. Drafting at 12-15 just isn't going to get it done.

NBA lottery pick

Apparently the Pistons are interested in Mike Conley. I'm not sure who they could send to Memphis to take on that contract. Clearly he's an upgrade over Reggie Jackson. Might even be able to possibly make an all-star game in the East. That would probably move the Pistons up to about a 5 seed. They still aren't better than the Bucks, Celtics, Raptors, or 76ers. And that's assuming they somehow manage to keep Drummond and Griffin. They still really need help on the wings. Not sure how they could address that. Especially if they are going to give up draft picks potentially.

NBA lottery pick

Well, one Reggie is out. I think there will be one more on the move eventually. Probably not this season, but in the future. Svi is a good shooter and on contract so he can't take off for warmer weather. Might be a win/win for both teams.

Marc J. Spears: The Lakers have agreed in principle to trade guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a second round draft pick to the Pistons for guard Reggie Bullock, a source said.

NBA lottery pick

Apparently the Pistons are trading Stanley Johnson for Thon Maker too. It appears they are going to try to blow things up a bit. Not that maker is a replacement for Drummond, but I could see them trying to move that contract now. Start from scratch. I wouldn't mind a youth movement. I would at least be interested again. Kennard should get more PT with Bullock with the Lakers now. Could very well develop some young guys and tank for actual high lottery picks for once rather than going for the later lottery ones lol.

NBA lottery pick

We're sitting at the 10th worst record in the NBA. If Detroit lost a few more games and could somehow get some luck with the ping pong balls could you imagine what it would do for the team if Cam Reddish fell to the Pistons? Haven't had a solid wing in years. That would be huge. Obviously they can't just go get one in free agency. Rookie contract that could make an impact could turn things right around.

Anybody ready to blow this thing up yet? This stuck in mediocrity thing is really making the team hard to even follow anymore. It's bad move after bad move. New coach, same result. The roster just isn't there. This is a players league. The Pistons don't have the players. Stanley Johnson still isn't getting it done. We need a PG. Not sure what we have with Kennard yet. Drafting at 12-15 just isn't going to get it done.
    incredibly small sample size, but has been playing really well of late. frustrating thing about the pistons is that either everybody shines or nobody does. reggie, drummond, and luke have all looked great the last six weeks. they all looked like garbage the six weeks before.

it's been small, but i like what thon has brought to the table. lot of intensity off the bench.