Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default *Bulls trade rumour: Spurs interest in Boozer, Dunleavy and Gibson before Deadline*

A random source and I question what Spurs would give back in return that Bulls want?

Any thoughts to the possibility of this happening?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/53772...mors-spurs.htm

Default Re: *Bulls trade rumour: Spurs interest in Boozer, Dunleavy and Gibson before Deadline*

Wouldn't trading for Gasol makes much more sense?

Default Re: *Bulls trade rumour: Spurs interest in Boozer, Dunleavy and Gibson before Deadline*

Quote Originally Posted by alec613
    Wouldn't trading for Gasol makes much more sense?

I would think trading for Okafor's expirer and picks makes the most sense...

Gasol would make us a better team and hurt our chances at the best pick in the draft.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

They probably want Bellinelli or Green. I am not sure what would improve Chicago from the Spurs though?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    They probably want Bellinelli or Green. I am not sure what would improve Chicago from the Spurs though?

Green would be a nice piece.

Again, we really don't want anything that improves us this year for obvious reasons..

Okafor's expirer is what we want along with picks...

We could give up perhaps Boozer + Dunleavy for Okafor and a second round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

Again, we really don't want anything that improves us this year for obvious reasons..

make some space for Melo coming through
    Spurs would want Boozers contract

3-time NBA All-Star

They want all 3 of them? That's an almost impossible deal to make. Those 3 together make $26 million this year. Outside of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Splitter ($40 million worth of players that either the Bulls wouldn't want or the Spurs aren't going to trade), Spurs have $24 million tied to like 12 other players. This isn't happening.

why? so we can tank and end up with a .500 record anyway

were making the playoffs this year with a chance rose comes back too.

Boozer and Dunleavy? Sure. Taj? Better be a damn good deal.

NBA Legend

Yes, keep hope alive. Free up that cap space, so that you can land another Carlos Boozer in free agency and be trying to trade him by the following year.

The endless cycle..

I don't really know who the Spurs could trade.

Anyone outside of Duncan, Manu, Parker, Kawhi, Belly, Mills, Diaw or Splitter would be fine with me though

If I am Chicago I try to hold onto Gibson.Don't Sacramento and Chicago have a draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    If I am Chicago I try to hold onto Gibson.Don't Sacramento and Chicago have a draft pick?

It's not that we don't value Gibson, it's the fact that he is our best trading chip outside of the core which we won't trade.

If we can offload Boozer onto someone and free up capspace, that would be done in a heartbeat. Chances are it won't, so we would need to trade Gibson to do that and also get ourselves a pick or two.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They want all 3 of them? That's an almost impossible deal to make. Those 3 together make $26 million this year. Outside of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Splitter ($40 million worth of players that either the Bulls wouldn't want or the Spurs aren't going to trade), Spurs have $24 million tied to like 12 other players. This isn't happening.

Probably means they are interested in all of them, but will try and get one or two of them.

It's not that we don't value Gibson, it's the fact that he is our best trading chip outside of the core which we won't trade.

If we can offload Boozer onto someone and free up capspace, that would be done in a heartbeat. Chances are it won't, so we would need to trade Gibson to do that and also get ourselves a pick or two.
    Would Phoenix be interested in Boozer?