Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Andrew Bynum: Kobe stunted my play

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Kobe responds:
    Kobe is the man.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    LOL at the Laker's fan. You guys are so pathetic.

Here is a guy who has played with Kobe pretty much his entire career and he is simply making an observation of what he sees based on his first hand experience with playing with Kobe.

And he is right. Kobe does not make the guys around him better. He is a ball hog and does not focus his energies on the most essential element of winning: team ball.

Don't judge the man; he's been on the court with Kobe. Most of you have not, so your opinion is not as valid as his.
    I can't decide if you just didn't read the article or the thread... or if you just lack basic reading comprehension.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe responds:
    Classy response from Kobe.

I'm guessing his glass knees had more to do with stunting his growth...

All this talk about "stunted growth" and not a single

I'm disappointed.

not really news. must have been a slow news day for this journalist. bent his words to make a story.

and he's right, he was playing with Kobe and Pau, he had to make the most of his touches playing with proven players who've been there and done that.

Bynum gets a bad rap for his off-the-court stupidity, but this guy when healthy is a BEAST, will pay instant dividends for PHI if they can get him on the court

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DDensity's Avatar

This is no different than every rookie on the Heat saying Lebron is stunting their growth. It's true but it's supposed to be that way. That's still no excuse for Bynum's inconsistent play, where he'd employ the Shaq strategy of "if the big dog don't eat, he won't protect the yard" and pout for entire games. What's Bynum's excuse for his stunted mental growth, which is why he got traded in the first place? That guy has a lot of growing up to do.

Also, I saw the article on ESPN and read it just like everyone else, only to wonder how they came up with that headline based on the context. Sensationalist journalism at its finest. The way Bynum said it sounded completely different. They may as well have titled the article "Bynum regrets playing in LA; hates Kobe" -- it would have been equally representative.

Mark Jackson (the forward, not the point guard) says

"when you are hurt? Your mouth should be hurt too"

that means close your mouth Bynum while you arent playing. You are only bringing negative attention to yourself. just get better and get yourself on the court

Very good NBA starter

Kobe responds:
    Omg Kobe is the worst teammate ever! He hates Bynum blah blah blah. Nice response from Kobe. And by the way this is irresponsible journalism at its worst. Bynum didn't even say this just an article trying to start contoversy.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    bent his words to make a story.
    True.

Guy basically said playing with Kobe was easier than not playing with Kobe. No shit.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    True.

Guy basically said playing with Kobe was easier than not playing with Kobe. No shit.
    ESPN is angry at Kobe for shutting down a non-story. Back to reporting on what Lebron ate for breakfast.

Very good NBA starter

While bynum is a throwback center with grest offensive skill...la felt they should take a reasonably young durable player.

Dwight has been pacing himself like I thought. I expect to see Dwight round in form by mid jan

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    And I'm sure that Kobe didn't feel the same way playing behind Shaq and was content being the #2 option (sarcasm).
    We know he did. But he's also said on numerous occasions how much he appreciated the time with Shaq.

The difference is Kobe after Shaq went out and proved he was everything he said he was. Bynum has yet to do so and is still talking like he's the next great bigman. I realize he's injured but even his ability to deal with injury was often called into question in his time with the Lakers, there's a lot of people including his former coach that questioned his commitment to rehabbing or ability to play through even minor pain.

He's just not in the place to be talking about being stunted playing behind one of the all time greats.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    LA excuse: Kobe stunted my play
    Philly excuse: Bowling stunted my play

What's better?
    man, that's horrible (but true). it's still better than destroying your knee by getting off the couch like oden.

Bynum full of excuses.