Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups HannibalKid's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum: Kobe stunted my play

Hard to stunt someone's growth when they spent more time on the bench injured stunting thier own growth.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe has a greater track record of making guys better than any player of this era outside Nash.

Oh, and 5 rings with two completely different casts.

STFU you clowns.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    basically all he's saying is that he didn't get as many touches because he was playing with a ball dominant player. not exactly news
    This

So nice article, I hope he gets better. Not a lot of people get to play in the best league of basketball in the world, and he's one of the few so I hope he gets better and help put Philly on the map again.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    LOL at the Laker's fan. You guys are so pathetic.

Here is a guy who has played with Kobe pretty much his entire career and he is simply making an observation of what he sees based on his first hand experience with playing with Kobe.

And he is right. Kobe does not make the guys around him better. He is a ball hog and does not focus his energies on the most essential element of winning: team ball.

Don't judge the man; he's been on the court with Kobe. Most of you have not, so your opinion is not as valid as his.
    Why is it that all of the guys who are so much better than Kobe at playing team winning ball .... prime Nash, Cavs Lebron, Heat Wade....... never actually win anything while Kobe is the greatest champion of his generation?

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Why is it that all of the guys who are so much better than Kobe at playing team winning ball .... prime Nash, Cavs Lebron, Heat Wade....... never actually win anything while Kobe is the greatest champion of his generation?
    More talent and better coaching around him compared to his competition.

Took the Lakers a lot of effort to beat Nash and scrubs ffs. Good thing Pau rescued that Kobe air ball in game 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    Took the Lakers a lot of effort to beat Nash and scrubs ffs. Good thing Pau rescued that Kobe air ball in game 5.
    Kobe averaged 34/8/8 on 52% shooting in that series...

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    More talent and better coaching around him compared to his competition.

Weird I remember prime Nash playing with Joe Johnson, Amare and Marion. All All Stars.
    Lebron finally won with the best 2-3 in the league.
    Wade did the same as the sidekick.
    Duncan flamed out with home court advantage twice.
    The great Kevin Garnett teams up with a couple HOFers and the next great young PG and brings home a whopping one championship.
    Chris Paul hasn't done anything worth talking in the playoffs despite having Griffin, Chandler and West and a deep Clippers team that crushes anything the Lakers trotted out there off the bench for any of those title winning teams .

Kobe had Pau Gasol and bunch of role players who were shadows of themselves post Kobe. How did the Mavs like Lamar Odom? Is Ariza going to get amnestied by whomever poor team has his contract now? How are those amazing guards Sasha and Farmar enjoying the Euroleague?

"Makes teammates better" is the biggest myth of the last decade.
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 12-17-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Kobe averaged 34/8/8 on 52% shooting in that series...
    I still remember the way he teased that black coach after making those crazy shots

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i'd rather bynum not be playing if hes not 100% or close to it than howard who's clearly not 100%. howard's hurting his team more than hes helping it.

pau gasol for bynum, get it done mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Being a number 2 option behind one of the all time greats and winning two rings is not being stunted.
    And I'm sure that Kobe didn't feel the same way playing behind Shaq and was content being the #2 option (sarcasm).

Kobe responds:

Bryant, who said he met with Bynum for 3-4 minutes after he put up 34 points in the Lakers' 111-98 win over the Sixers, was not offended by his former teammate's remarks. In fact, he agreed with them.

"For sure, because when you're playing with me you obviously have to sacrifice something," Bryant said. "Same thing with me and Shaq (Shaquille O'Neal). You kind of off-set each other to a certain extent. So, I mean, that's true. When he gets back and he's healthy, he'll come out here and he'll be the focal point of their attack and he'll be getting the ball more and you'll see big games from him more consistently."

Bryant was very supportive of Bynum in his comments, calling the 7-footer "really a special player at both ends of the floor." The only pot shot Bryant took was over Bynum's combed-down afro coif, saying, "I don't know what he's doing with that perm, but I guess he's a trendsetter."

It makes a great headline even though that's not what Bynum said.

F**king ESPN.

BSPN, thread.