Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum Has Cartilage damage in Left Knee.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    What.... ?

My oh my have the times changed in a few short weeks. Not long ago... Well, you know.

I think it is way too early to give up on Bynum. Too much talent and potential. Yes, this is troubling, but look at the bigger picture. We aren't even 15 games into the season yet.
    I had faith his knee issues wouldnt be bad. Sue me. Early? Both knees have trouble. They say this wont prolong his expected return. But I wonder if it'll bother him all season.

This is some bullshit right here. No one deserves to get this assed-out on a trade, even if they wanted to dump a player anyway (in this case Iggy).

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This is some bullshit right here. No one deserves to get this assed-out on a trade, even if they wanted to dump a player anyway (in this case Iggy).
    The risks involved with any trade.

If I could do it over I still do the deal.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I had faith his knee issues wouldnt be bad. Sue me. Early? Both knees have trouble. They say this wont prolong his expected return. But I wonder if it'll bother him all season.
    ...you can't tell me some of my concerns haven't been validated, in that case.

Especially since Varejao is currently playing All-Star level basketball... 16 points and 14 rebounds a game on 61% from the floor?

That trade offer doesn't look so silly now, does it?

Bynum and Oden should sign in Pheonix for a couple of years man. Let that miracle medical staff work on them, get them healthy, and then get themselves a multi year max deal. Too big of an ego on Bynum to sign for the vet min though I would guess, Oden might not be an ego problem though.

Seriously that would be on my mind man. Look what Pheonix did for Nash, Hill, and Shaq. Prolongued all of their careers.

Watch Bynum not play all year, not get good offers, and then sign in Miami for the MLE, only to go on and be 100% healthy for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    ...you can't tell me some of my concerns haven't been validated, in that case.

Especially since Varejao is currently playing All-Star level basketball... 16 points and 14 rebounds a game on 61% from the floor?

That trade offer doesn't look so silly now, does it?
    Still looks silly.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Bynum is almost as overrated as Kevin Love.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Still looks silly.
    You're right.

Varejao + picks + cap space was WAY too much.

College star

You said they could have traded Iggy for more reliable pieces. That doesnt imply pieces that helps them become a shyt franchise that can get out of mediocrity and play the lottery. So you explain what the f*ck you meant by that? Since me reading your mind isnt my strongsuit. Sounds like you think Sixers could have got a better deal for Iggy and thats not the case. Rolled the dice and its a win win situation. Get rid of Iggy and either have a franchise player or not. And it seems like not. No Bynum this Sixers team can easily miss the playoffs just as they could make it. Thats a direct result of a weak Eastern Conference team once you get past 4-5 teams (healthy) out East.

D.Wright, Nick Young along with Bynum are free agents.
    Spencer Hawes is an expirer
    Kwame Brown has a player option to become a FA
    Jason Richardson has 2yrs $13mil (2nd yr player option)
    Evan Turner is a young tradeable asset

So the only players with long term deals are Thaddeus Young/Jrue Holiday.

Point? Sixers are in position to be a lottery team player or make moves via trade (most likely/reasonable) or signing. Either way by this offseason they wont be stuck in medocrity. With Iggy they ARE. Its that simple.
    I think they could have, but it's an assumption based premise. Still an opinion I hold though. You say otherwise, and like I said, you being a fan I'm inclined to believe you since you would inherently be better versed in the activity of players on the trading block, rumors, ect. I just find it hard to believe that the Sixers couldn't have made a deal on draft night. Iggy isn't a player that you build your franchise around, which I know you guys in Philly have been forced to realize and witness firsthand. But, he's no scrub either, and I just find it difficult to believe no one wanted him, or would offer a kind of package that made Philly better, whether it would be in the short term or long term.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just too high on Iggy. I think he's a really good player. Not a first tier kind of player, but a player that is an elite defender and exceptional passer, rebounder, and athlete. It's just, his offensive game leaves much to be desired.

I'm glad the Cavaliers didn't end up with Bynum. I'm glad with what we have right now building upon that.

Sixers, have fun being good enough to make the playoffs, but not going deep, and taking yourself out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm glad the Cavaliers didn't end up with Bynum. I'm glad with what we have right now building upon that.

Sixers, have fun being good enough to make the playoffs, but not going deep, and taking yourself out of the draft.
    Sixers envy the Cavs...not. You wear that brown bag over your head so proud.

That bum never showed any kind of effort and acted like a spoiled brat all the time, didn't even cared to run for the D. Im so glad we could get rid of that cancer before he completely broke. im sure as hell he is happy cashing out his paycheck while at home. Worthless sportsman.

I feel ya philly fans.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

This makes me sick. It reminds me of Jeff Ruland or the Roy Hinson trade. As a Philly fan I think that we've come to expect and accept these things. It's our lot in life.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I think they could have, but it's an assumption based premise. Still an opinion I hold though. You say otherwise, and like I said, you being a fan I'm inclined to believe you since you would inherently be better versed in the activity of players on the trading block, rumors, ect. I just find it hard to believe that the Sixers couldn't have made a deal on draft night. Iggy isn't a player that you build your franchise around, which I know you guys in Philly have been forced to realize and witness firsthand. But, he's no scrub either, and I just find it difficult to believe no one wanted him, or would offer a kind of package that made Philly better, whether it would be in the short term or long term.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just too high on Iggy. I think he's a really good player. Not a first tier kind of player, but a player that is an elite defender and exceptional passer, rebounder, and athlete. It's just, his offensive game leaves much to be desired.
    Thats because the Sixers over the years have overvalued Iguodala. I would have been happy with a draft pick trade package involving Iggy. But I knew the Sixers werent going to deal Iggy for expirers, draft picks. They wanted established, proven talent as good or better than Iggy (really the latter). Not saying I agree with how the Sixers franchise viewed Iggy when talkin to teams about trades. Just putting it out there why this guy remained here so long without being moved.

I dont think you're too high on Iggy. He is exactly what you laid out. And for a franchise like the Sixers when you are forced to make him your star player while paying him like so? It hurts your team. There are other things I dont like about Iggy as thats approach to the game. like you said his offense leaves much to be desired and he is frustrating as hell to watch on offense.

I knew Iggy wouldnt have been traded on draft night. Sixers love the guy too much to give him up I dont know what will happen in the offseason because you may be right. They may still be stuck in mediocrity based on what they do in the offseason. ASSuming Sixers land some studs, elite talent in whatever way (trade/FA signings) is wishing upon a star. Cant just think itll go as you plan. So essentially Iggy could have been traded for nothing. As an outsider I can understand how that looks and the arguments to how Sixers feel (we still love the fact he is gone). But as a Sixers fan man, Iggy had to go. Maybe we or speaking for myself I am too sour over how he played here that I dont see things like you do. More emotional than anything.

I just wanted Sixers to move on from Iggy. But I also want them to be in range at the top of the lottery or aquire someone better than Iggy. Screw the in between and Sixers may end up in between again. But for this moment I enjoy not seeing Iggy here. Then again Evan Turner reminds me of him so its sorta like he never left.

Sorry for being snappy earlier. My friend made me sit around to go out to eat then cancelled last minute. Stuff like that annoys me.