Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: 09 D-Wade vs ???

LeBron averaged 35.3/9.1/7.3/ on 51% FG in a 14 game stretch in 09.... in the playoffs.

09 Wade was insane so damn quick, fast, and explosive and crazy athletic. It's too bad injuries hurt his career Wade could of been so much greater historically.

Wait, dubeta is actually posting intelligent thoughts backed up by stats?

Its a damn shame he didn't get MVP that year. His individual performance as a whole season was one of the greatest I've seen. What he did that year was the definition of carrying a team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

His 2009 season is the best season by any perimeter player last decade. He carried that abysmal team to 47 wins. He was an amazing scorer, an amazing defensive player, AND HE WAS THE TEAMS PG. Kobe, Lebron, Paul...none of them have a better season when you take defense and all of the rest of this into context.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-17-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Banned

Stop bumping this thread his 2009 season was nothing special let's all come to an agreement and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    His 2009 season is the best season by any perimeter player last decade. He carried that abysmal team to 47 wins. He was an amazing scorer, an amazing defensive player, AND HE WAS THE TEAMS PG basically. Kobe, Lebron, Paul...none of them have a better season when you take defense into context.
    I'm still amazed he was able to will that team to 47 win

His 2009 season is the best season by any perimeter player last decade. He carried that abysmal team to 47 wins. He was an amazing scorer, an amazing defensive player, AND HE WAS THE TEAMS PG. Kobe, Lebron, Paul...none of them have a better season when you take defense and all of the rest of this into context.
    Are you talking about just the regular season? Because if postseason play means anything, circa 2009 doesn't even hit top 5 for perimeter players.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Are you talking about just the regular season? Because if postseason play means anything, circa 2009 doesn't even hit top 5 for perimeter players.
    Only an idiot sets aside a 79 game example for a 7 game one. That's all I have to say about your comment.

**** LeBron stans. Garbage.

Only an idiot sets aside a 79 game example for a 7 game one. That's all I have to say about your comment.
    Nobody is setting aside his regular season. Ignoring what a guy does in the postseason just so you can tout sensationalism isn't realistic.

Kobe in 2008 and LeBron in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013 were better, and had the more successful seasons. Period.

Nobody is setting aside his regular season. Ignoring what a guy does in the postseason just so you can tout sensationalism isn't realistic though.

Kobe in 2008 and LeBron in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013 were better, and had the more successful seasons. Period.
    1. Defenses get better in the playoffs. The Hawks were 12th in the league during the regular season. They were capable of playing defense.

2. You watched the 2009 Heat right? Who the hell else were the Hawks going to focus on in the series?

3. Wade still averaged 29.1ppg on .565%ts.

4. Kobe can go **** his mother.

Nobody is setting aside his regular season. Ignoring what a guy does in the postseason just so you can tout sensationalism isn't realistic.

Why are you touting what can only be a subjective opinion as fact?

And Wade had a good postseason in 09, and only lost because the Heat team were necessarily terrible in preparation for 2010 free agency. I don't see why a front-office decision to sacrifice 2 years of his prime for the future, a future that included two championships (and would have been 3 if not for Le-Choke) and 4 finals appearances, should be held against Wade as a player. That's absurd.
    Last edited by Dresta; 03-17-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Why are you touting what can only be a subjective opinion as fact?

And Wade had a good postseason in 09, and only lost because the Heat team were necessarily terrible in preparation for 2010 free agency. I don't see why a front-office decision to sacrifice 2 years of his prime for the future, a future that included two championships (and would have been 3 if not for Le-Choke) and 4 finals appearances, should be held against Wade as a player. That's absurd.
    Most of that series was completely unwatchable given the blowouts, with Wade himself having shooting games of 8/21 and 9/26 along with shooting 40% in an elimination game. Guy had 2 maybe 3 games in that series that were good.

I don't fault Wade for having bad teammates, I just value players who had better and more successful years.

Most of that series was completely unwatchable given the blowouts, with Wade himself having games of 8/21 and 9/26 along with shooting 40% in an elimination game. Guy had 2 maybe 3 games in that series that were good.

I don't fault Wade for having bad teammates, I just value players who had better and more successful years...more

Oh...you value success. Because success is all about the individual, right? The 11 other guys on roster have nothing else to do with that. If Wade had Gasol and Odom in 09 his "success" would have been a lot higher no? Aren't you clever for figuring that out.