Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Miami failing to win a ring this year won't be a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Rofl.. That would be an even worse team than Kobe is on now, and the Lakers aren't winning it this year.

Must be trolling, surely you can't be that stupid.
    Chalmers (prime)Kobe Battier Odom Bosh would have beaten dallas last year and I don't know about OKC but certainly get out of the east and not lose to the bulls without rose, twice.

Easily. And no, the heat outside of the big 3 are clearly better than the lakers outside of the big 3. Look at the stats please.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
    lbj was right tho
    not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 not 5, not 6 not 7 not 8.......................he was spitting the truth but it went over some heads

Way too funny for words

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    can't tell if you're trolling or just an idiot.

also:

Wade+bron= ~30 million in salary

Kobe= 25 million in salary
    Yea my bizzle on this but fine if kobe doesnt take the paycut like they did and they just go grab some MLE guy for those 5 million its still probably a better team for playoffs.

Assuming prime kobe obv, im not talking about now... he'd need to take the paycut and sign on another all star but if he did that now then yeah the heat would be better with kobe + 15 mil guy than they are now with wade and bron. I really believe that... maybe i got the stan goggles but I just think itd work. Put someone like lopez on that team instead of wade and kobe instead of bron and they are winning the title.. For the same money.

Learning to shoot layups

They brought it upon themselves with their celebratory antics. Now, yes they have many flaws, but wasn't the point of bringing together 2 of the top 5 players along with a top 5 PF so they could mask any roster flaws?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by lakers87
    They brought it upon themselves with their celebratory antics. Now, yes they have many flaws, but wasn't the point of bringing together 2 of the top 5 players along with a top 5 PF so they could mask any roster flaws?
    The way I see it, the Miami Heat experiment doesn't affect their legacies as players playing this game, but as guys that chose to take matters into their own hands. It's an important lesson that winning championships takes contributions from the players, the front office, and the coaching staff.

99% of the players in this league shouldn't be GMs because they don't understand how to build a roster and what it takes to build a winning team.

also:

So that must really show his worth then?

Btw I 100% back what razor said about the excuse train. Let's not act like other past championship teams didn't have any flaws. The Lakers bench has been the worst over the past 5 years along with terrible stopping penetration issues at the PG position. Any Laker fan can tell you that and it's been going on ever since Parker lit up the Lakers for 40 in 03(or 04) and averaged 30 ppg against us.

Back as early as last year people were saying Lebron and Wade were 1 and 2 top players in the league.. and top was/is still top5 at his position. Your telling me a trio like that with also gritty role players like Haslem, Miller and Chalmers can't win a championship? Anyone who watched games 1-3 last year of the finals will say that even with the heat up 2-1 instead of 3-0 like they easily coudl have been that they had it in the bag. Hell even after game 5 many pundits were still picking the heat..
    Last edited by BlueandGold; 04-13-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It would be a failure because the expectations of that team are so high, within the media and within the organization itself. Even the Heat players themselves say it's championship or bust. You may not think that's fair, but that's the way it is.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

also:

I can't tell if you're serious, or just an idiot.

also:

Wade+bron= 1 ring

Kobe= 5 rings

Theres a reason why Kobe gets almost as much money as two guys who haven't won but 1 championship between them.

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    The way I see it, the Miami Heat experiment doesn't affect their legacies as players playing this game, but as guys that chose to take matters into their own hands. It's an important lesson that winning championships takes contributions from the players, the front office, and the coaching staff.

99% of the players in this league shouldn't be GMs because they don't understand how to build a roster and what it takes to build a winning team.

Thats because you're not too bright. It affects their legacies big time. Never before have 3 top players in their prime, all sign with the same team. These 3 guys had a championship parade before they even played one game together. They claimed multiple titles.

They'll be affected in a major way if it doesn't work out.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Thats because you're not too bright. It affects their legacies big time. Never before have 3 top players in their prime, all sign with the same team. These 3 guys had a championship parade before they even played one game together. They claimed multiple titles.

They'll be affected in a major way if it doesn't work out.
    What they claim doesn't matter... what matters are the facts and the fact is this team has glaring flaws outside of Wade/Lebron

Learning to shoot layups

What they claim doesn't matter... what matters are the facts and the fact is this team has glaring flaws outside of Wade/Lebron

The one thing to prematurely take away from this (without the season being over), though is that they decided they wanted to team up and play together on the premise that they thought it would be an easier path to multiple titles. As a player, they can't control roster, but they are in full control of how they play together, mesh together, and ultimately decide how badly they want the title.

Has Lebron maximized his talents playing in Miami ?
    Has Wade? Bosh?

you take a team like the Celtics, with Garnett, Allen, Pierce and they sacrificed parts of their game for the team.

During practice or video sessions, wouldn't lebron or wade perhaps decide that working on a different aspect of their own game would help the team better than having very similar styles, which doesn't allow great spacing?

How they decide to adapt to their enormous talents and to mask their weaknesses will make a great difference in their approach.

Lebron's had some meltdowns in the clutch, so then defer to Wade. AT the end of the day, it's championships that do matter .

There is never a perfect team. They all have flaws.

Those, are facts.

how flawed are they? they were 2 games away of winning it all on their first run if not for an epic lebron choke job...

it will be a disappointment, they are way stacked

Disappointment?

More like a cause for celebration!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    I can't tell if you're serious, or just an idiot.

also:

Wade+bron= 1 ring

Kobe= 5 rings

Theres a reason why Kobe gets almost as much money as two guys who haven't won but 1 championship between them.
    He was saying that I can't replace kobe AND a 15 mil all star with both wade and bron because kobe makes as much as both of them put together (as they took a paycut to play with each other)... Has nothing to do with skill or rings or whatever. Makes sense but ultimately my point exists outside of real world situations im just saying kobe and a decent player with this cast failing to win a ring and win close games etc would come as more of a shock to basketball fans than lebron losing again at this point. Some guys just can't win. No matter how good the team is the NBA is full of talent and games will come down to the wire and if you can't win those you won't win a ring.

But my point remains, championship teams can be flawed and still be dynasties and if wade bron bosh can't do it then fine, but **** it, maybe I'm wrong, but I do believe prime kobe + bosh w. the rest of that cast and even a 5 mil 3rd option can do it either this year or have done it last year. If not, I would be upset with kobe not performing like he can instead of anything else.