Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
       

Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 15-16 Post Game Thread

i caught the miami game today (a pretty close loss), and it was the most i've seen the boys play this season.

it was a good game... they showed a lot of character and even some promise... but i still don't understand why hollins keeps giving johnson starter's minutes. it arguably made the difference in this contest. i'd say put him with the 2nd unit where he'll be that much more valuable, and give his spot to virtually anyone. even if the switch cost us some games, it would mean good experience for a younger player.

barney actually showed some value tonight. it's true his body language and energy doesn't exactly impress, but he's so useful, even dangerous, on the offensive end. he only shot 5/11 i think, but at least 1-2 of his misses were due to trying to bail out a busted play.

overall, games like this make me think that the nets are shaping up to be a surprisingly solid team, but that our best players (brook, young, the missing RHJ and maybe even jarrett jack) are not as dominating as other teams' and -that's- possibly the biggest reason why we're going to be a below average team this year.

i disagree with those calling for king's head. his drafts and signings have actually been pretty clever, i think. he's the one who always gets blamed for the big, costly trades and signings, but that's really on the russians AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i caught the miami game today (a pretty close loss), and it was the most i've seen the boys play this season.

it was a good game... they showed a lot of character and even some promise... but i still don't understand why hollins keeps giving johnson starter's minutes. it arguably made the difference in this contest. i'd say put him with the 2nd unit where he'll be that much more valuable, and give his spot to virtually anyone. even if the switch cost us some games, it would mean good experience for a younger player.

barney actually showed some value tonight. it's true his body language and energy doesn't exactly impress, but he's so useful, even dangerous, on the offensive end. he only shot 5/11 i think, but at least 1-2 of his misses were due to trying to bail out a busted play.

overall, games like this make me think that the nets are shaping up to be a surprisingly solid team, but that our best players (brook, young, the missing RHJ and maybe even jarrett jack) are not as dominating as other teams' and -that's- possibly the biggest reason why we're going to be a below average team this year.

i disagree with those calling for king's head. his drafts and signings have actually been pretty clever, i think. he's the one who always gets blamed for the big, costly trades and signings, but that's really on the russians AFAIK.
    I think it is because Johnson is the best playmaker on the team. He at least tries to make up for his poor shooting this season in other areas.

   

i hate to say it, but this post from the brooklyngame was too good:

NETS 97 PACERS 104

Tonight, the Brooklyn Nets _____ (lost/fell/crumbled) in dramatic fashion against the Indiana Pacers. After a _____ (lackluster/brutal/poor) first half, Paul George was ultimately too much for the Eastern Conference cellar-dwellers. The Nets just couldn

[QUOTE=gigantes]i hate to say it, but this post from the brooklyngame was too good:

NETS 97 PACERS 104

Tonight, the Brooklyn Nets _____ (lost/fell/crumbled) in dramatic fashion against the Indiana Pacers. After a _____ (lackluster/brutal/poor) first half, Paul George was ultimately too much for the Eastern Conference cellar-dwellers. The Nets just couldn

So Bojan has a great first half and a solid 3rd qtr and Hollins only plays him for like a minute in the 4th. Hollins said it was a coaches decision and walked away from his interview. Really weird reaction. It was against the Mavericks and Deron didn't only sit out but he didn't even leave the opposing locker room. What a story lol

   

i don't know about hollins' performance in front of a mic or his substitution patterns, but he does seem to be getting above-average seasons out of a number of players. hopefully the team can do like last year and finish out strong.

obviously a bunch of fans are calling for his head, but i don't see the point until the offseason.

i saw someone note bojan's december averages, and they are tremendous. hopefully he's back for good. can't have RHJ back soon enough, either.

Happy Holidays guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Happy Holidays guys!
    Thanks. Hope you guys had a nice holiday as well. Nets take on the tough miami team tonight, in Miami.

I really hope the nets try to get the injury exception from Jarrett jacks injury.

They'd get half of jack's salary in the exception which would be around 3 million dollars.

So Joe Johnson's game winner at the buzzer and CMC's debut all in one game... February 8th was a good day.

   

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬
    i just need a place to post this.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Marc Stein: Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=399237

The Nets have requested waivers on Joe Johnson, GM Sean Marks announced

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2016/02...ve-joe-johnson

[QUOTE]Brooklyn, NY

Joe is probably my favorite Net since moving to BKN. Always professional, never complained (besides that one time with the tweet), and clutch as hell. I'll be rooting for him in Miami.