Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Jennings In Trade Rumors

It definitely sounds like the Pistons want to try to move Jennings.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl...1_127_20047441

I'm not sure whats out there that's available right now. I think we could use him off the bench for sure. Although it would be nice to get something for him before he goes to another team next season.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jennings In Trade Rumors

Today it's all over everywhere that the Knicks are interested in Jennings. They don't have a 1st round pick to draft one this season and really need a PG. The only possible decent player I could think of they can give up is Derrick Williams. Outside of that it might just be 2nd round picks.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

With Morris, Ersan, Tolliver all going through a similar position, not sure he would be a good fit here (I do like him soewhat though)...

I would think perhaps someone like a Calderon could be a decent fit as that savvy veteran spot of shooter / facilitator. Basically a way better version of Steve blake

NBA lottery pick

Calderon sucked the first time. He will this time. I don't want him at all.

How has Jennings looked? I snagged him on my fantasy team, but I can only watch his highlights and look at his statline now.

Unfortunately, my stream site has chosen not to air that many Pistons games anymore. (Maybe because they are tired of watching Drummond play volleyball :P)

NBA lottery pick

He was apparently on fire the last game.

Yea, watching the highlights, he definitely looks comfortable in his 2 games back.

I would want us to keep Jennings at this point. The injury and arrival of Reggie Jackson has seemed to humble him. And his firepower is definitely needed off the bench.

And if we were to trade him, I don't see us getting a player that can impact a game off the bench the way he could. (Mainly because he will have the ball in his hand to begin with)

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Yea, watching the highlights, he definitely looks comfortable in his 2 games back.

I would want us to keep Jennings at this point. The injury and arrival of Reggie Jackson has seemed to humble him. And his firepower is definitely needed off the bench.

And if we were to trade him, I don't see us getting a player that can impact a game off the bench the way he could. (Mainly because he will have the ball in his hand to begin with)
    If he had the mindset that he really wanted to win a 6th man award or two, get starters minutes, and help a team compete I would totally want him back too. He'd really be one of the best in the NBA in that role I think. And the best part is we get to see it for the rest of the season. At his age, I think he'll for sure end up going to a place where he can be the guy at PG though. There's not a lot of good options in free agency so he will for sure have options. Not to mention with that cap going up he'll get offered a decent pay day.

Decent college freshman

We are seeing the true effect of the injury now and its probably killing his trade value. An achilles injury just crushes your shooting percentages the year after the injury.

Unfortunately, he's probably going to want a ton of money on the open market, but its possible we get him back on a one year prove it deal or something. '

I hear we are gong all in on Horford, so we probably won't spend for him. A team like OKC or NY might take a gamble on him and I'd be happy to get some value for him.

NBA lottery pick

Does Horford make sense for this team? I'm not sure you can have two back to the basket guys like Horford and Drummond.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Horford has always been a PG playing out of position as a C for pretty much his entire career save one or two years -

Milsap would make a ton more sense due to more athleticism and better deep shooting - but Horford is a REAL good defender in the paint, and has developed into a handy outside shooter - also one of the better passing big men in the league,

Not sure it is a perfect fit though, but Horford is one of those guys I feel could mesh incredibly well into any situation. A real good high IQ no nonsense guy -

Just not sure how we would defend the Paul George's and Melo's of the world at PF

NBA lottery pick

The real question is how do they pay him? Dre is getting a max deal this summer. Reggie is currently on one. Horford likely gets one. The Pistons are going to have to pay KCP at some point. I'm not sure how they afford all of that.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Does Horford make sense for this team? I'm not sure you can have two back to the basket guys like Horford and Drummond.
    Horford's a really good midrange shooter. He plays D and he'd help space the floor for us

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The real question is how do they pay him? Dre is getting a max deal this summer. Reggie is currently on one. Horford likely gets one. The Pistons are going to have to pay KCP at some point. I'm not sure how they afford all of that.
    Drummond delayed his extension so that we will have cap space to sign a max guy, then we go over the cap to sign him. Whether we pay KCP or not will be interesting. You have to spend to have a contender though. Think about SA paying LA,Duncan and Kawhi max deals, plus also Parker and Green 11 mil or so

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Drummond delayed his extension so that we will have cap space to sign a max guy, then we go over the cap to sign him. Whether we pay KCP or not will be interesting. You have to spend to have a contender though. Think about SA paying LA,Duncan and Kawhi max deals, plus also Parker and Green 11 mil or so
    I wouldn't necessarily say San Antonio is a good example. They're the 8th highest payroll in the league. Detroit is right behind them at 9th right now. But Cleveland, OKC, Golden State, and LAC are the top 4 and they're all good teams. No doubt you have to pay to be good.