Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: if u have no.1 pick, duncan or zion?

LMAO.

What a joke of a question.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid
    I'd rather have a 1 in 100 chance of Zion turning out to be the next lebron, than to have the sure thing in Tim Duncan(inferior to lebron).....That's just how highly i think of lebron

im rollin' with Zion.I''l risk the gamble

The upside is simply too high to pass up on
    As if Bran is better than Duncan.

As a Gm i think you have to go with Duncan before they put the question mark on the sentence. Knowing what we know as of now you can't pick Zion, perhaps he makes that a ridiculous claim 10 years from now.....

The fan in me would like to take Zion because of the modern game and him being better suited. There are questions i don't have answers to yet. Like will he stay at that weight or get evern bigger? Will his athleticism eventually wear his body down or will he be another one of those indestructible guys that rarely is hurt and can be explosive with all that weight? Or will none of that matter and he become another hybrid we've never seen before?

This is a ridiculous question. Tim is arguably the best rookie of all time and championship ready from day 1

NBA Legend

It’s impossible to “un-know” how Duncan’s career turns out. Obviously you pick him knowing he finishes top 10 all time, 2+ spots ahead of Kobe. Deep down everyone will take this ibto consideration when comparing them.

Im not saying people wouldnt still pick him if they COULD start the comparison completely fresh.

But they cant.

Are you really comparing a kid with arguably a top 5 best player of all time and asking who is better? Seriously?

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You could argue Duncan as the all time #1 overall pick far as best franchise player. You get 20 years of absolute unselfishness from a guy you can give 30 shots or 4 without complaint.....elite D....and you can coach him hard which helps keep everyone else humble? Nobody has a bad word to say about him....no distractions...no controversy....shuts up and plays basketball. Makes not a peep no matter how the team decides to use him.

Combo of longevity, professionalism, offense, defense, and coachability?

You really have to consider him as the all time #1 pick. A lot of the better players arent as useful for the long term interests of your franchise.
    Such an intriguing post man.

Goat PF vs a PF has both potantial to be goat or next A. Bennett?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You could argue Duncan as the all time #1 overall pick far as best franchise player. You get 20 years of absolute unselfishness from a guy you can give 30 shots or 4 without complaint.....elite D....and you can coach him hard which helps keep everyone else humble? Nobody has a bad word to say about him....no distractions...no controversy....shuts up and plays basketball. Makes not a peep no matter how the team decides to use him.

Combo of longevity, professionalism, offense, defense, and coachability?

You really have to consider him as the all time #1 pick. A lot of the better players arent as useful for the long term interests of your franchise.

This is true but the same can be said of Lebron. While Bron also gives you more vocal leadership, community involvement, and package girth.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    As if Bran is better than Duncan.
    I dont think but even he is better than Duncan I would chose Duncan in that situation too.

Imagine you pick Lebron, then he can not play with a great coach like Pop, playing Branball for years, trying to built a team over him but he leaves you and signes with a super team. Then you tank for next 3-4 years. If you draft well, he cames and wastes your teams future to built a super team but leaves one more time and you tank 3-4 years again.

Or you pick Duncan, coach is not matter, system is not matter. Spending all of his career for your team, winning multiple titles and retires as a true legend of your team...

but u guys seems to forget, timmy stayed and finished college.
    these days, this considered as negative, since extra 3 years in college = too old & molded, and if given extra three years of training for zion, who know what he will become.

i will still pick timmy tho, just cos he's a humble person.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Zion. Tim was largely a product of Pop. Who knows what Tim would have become wasting on the Kings or Suns. You think a swimming fakkit who picked up a basketball at 16.....is a better prospect than Zion? These idiots are comparing an 18 year old to a finished hall of fame veteran but we're comparing them as 18 year old prospects who are about to be drafted.

Zion.
    Honestly I was laughing at the Zion posts but I respect this take even though you're wrong about him being a product of Pop.

But Duncan

Duncan but he is 1 boring ass winner. Even with all those championships, he doesn't have much hoopla.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Honestly I was laughing at the Zion posts but I respect this take even though you're wrong about him being a product of Pop.

But Duncan
    I mean honestly I'd pick Duncan but I stand by my statements you cant compare the two across such vast spectrums. It's a different discussion if we're talking about the as young guys who are about to be drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I mean honestly I'd pick Duncan but I stand by my statements you cant compare the two across such vast spectrums. It's a different discussion if we're talking about the as young guys who are about to be drafted.
    Duncan was shitting on David Robinson from the day he stepped foot into Spurs facilities. That wasn't Pop. Timmy was a championship level first option from year 1/2. That wasn't Pop. Some of this stuff is just disrespectful.