Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Get on the record. Who is in the playoffs just as an appetizer for the real threats?

Its clear the top 6 in each conference will make it.

For the first time in a while we have maybe....8 teams that can possibly make the finals.

We will just disregard the bottom 3 teams which we likely all assume are just prey. They may put up a fight but are eventually gonna be fed on.

But some of the better teams are no doubt gonna prove to be pretenders. Everyone has someone they just absolutely dont believe in no matter their record. Last few years its been the Raptors...or the 60 win Hawks....the Rockets. Whoever. We all have someone we see as nothing more than a meal. Perhaps a tough meal....but a meal in the end. Who are you most confident in being no more than a plate?

Top 5 seeds:

Bucks
    Raptors
    Philly
    Pacers
    Celtics

Warriors
    Nuggets
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Thunder

Give me 6 meals. That leaves you 4 serious contenders. Thats plenty to fall back on.

Who you giving straight up:

status?

Im sure the Pacers and Blazers make a lot of peoples lists but you still need 4 more.

Cmon. Who else goes down that gullet? Who are you sure enough about to risk the backlash if you are terribly wrong? Its actually hard to say this year.

The Thunder...Nuggets...maybe all 5 east teams could make you look like an idiot. But ill take the plunge anyway. No face saving "If..." or "But maybe____" shit in here. Be a man. Be firm in your convictions and brutally wrong if it comes to that.

I'll go first:

Nuggets
    Celtics
    Thunder
    Bucks
    Blazers
    Pacers

All of them absolute

in the end. Just a meal for the big boys.

*Having several kids and teens under my care to one degree or another ive been exposed quite a bit to Attack on Titan. Which despite being a cartoon is pretty....****ed up. I feel the Titans provide a pretty solid analogy. The normal people manage to take one or two out but generally....you get brutally eaten at their leisure.

Default Re: Get on the record. Who is in the playoffs just as an appetizer for the real threats?

Nuggets
    Blazers
    Pacers
    Bucks
    Boston
    Philly

Default Re: Get on the record. Who is in the playoffs just as an appetizer for the real threats?

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Pacers
    Bucks
    Boston
    Philly
    This

I'll take:

76ers
    Pacers
    Celtics
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Thunder

76ers are the only team out of the 6 that I give any chance of making the finals, and even then not much of a chance.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I really feel like the Pacers are gonna beat one of these teams they shouldnt....but not two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Its clear the top 6 in each conference will make it.

For the first time in a while we have maybe....8 teams that can possibly make the finals.

We will just disregard the bottom 3 teams which we likely all assume are just prey. They may put up a fight but are eventually gonna be fed on.

But some of the better teams are no doubt gonna prove to be pretenders. Everyone has someone they just absolutely dont believe in no matter their record. Last few years its been the Raptors...or the 60 win Hawks....the Rockets. Whoever. We all have someone we see as nothing more than a meal. Perhaps a tough meal....but a meal in the end. Who are you most confident in being no more than a plate?

Top 5 seeds:

Bucks
    Raptors
    Philly
    Pacers
    Celtics

Warriors
    Nuggets
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Thunder

Give me 6 meals. That leaves you 4 serious contenders. Thats plenty to fall back on.

Who you giving straight up:

status?

Im sure the Pacers and Blazers make a lot of peoples lists but you still need 4 more.

Cmon. Who else goes down that gullet? Who are you sure enough about to risk the backlash if you are terribly wrong? Its actually hard to say this year.

The Thunder...Nuggets...maybe all 5 east teams could make you look like an idiot. But ill take the plunge anyway. No face saving "If..." or "But maybe____" shit in here. Be a man. Be firm in your convictions and brutally wrong if it comes to that.

I'll go first:

Nuggets
    Celtics
    Thunder
    Bucks
    Blazers
    Pacers

All of them absolute

in the end. Just a meal for the big boys.

*Having several kids and teens under my care to one degree or another ive been exposed quite a bit to Attack on Titan. Which despite being a cartoon is pretty....****ed up. I feel the Titans provide a pretty solid analogy. The normal people manage to take one or two out but generally....you get brutally eaten at their leisure.
    For my kids one piece is better.. Lol. But I feel the top 8 now for both are gonna be what it is now.

I'm going for a celtics and bucks final. And thunder Houston final. If that is any good

Warriors rockets

Craptors celtics

Rest are pretenders.. i hope I'm wrong about Philly though

Raptors or GSW are the only ones winning this year.

I really feel like the Pacers are gonna beat one of these teams they shouldnt....but not two of them.
    I think OKC has a better chance of doing that than the Pacers. OKC is a terrifying playoff team imo. Westbrook's unending motor, PG's elite two-way play, and a roster full of long, athletic guys who can defend. Would want to avoid them at all costs.

Warriors vs Rockets WCF others are snacks.

ECF is tougher. I think Raptors and Philly are the strongest teams in the playoffs and the Bucks will have a past-Raptors-esque showing, but the format favours them to not be a snack. So I think Raptors vs Bucks, but Philly being a Mr Creosote meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I think OKC has a better chance of doing that than the Pacers. OKC is a terrifying playoff team imo. Westbrook's unending motor, PG's elite two-way play, and a roster full of long, athletic guys who can defend. Would want to avoid them at all costs.

Westbrick is a proven full retard. Pg will also disappear on the big stage.

They're on the same tier as Portland and Denver. Nice regular season team, second round ceiling.

Bron and the Lakers are gonna be tough to be--oh, wait.

[COLOR=Teal]Depends on matchups. Some teams can give certain opponents trouble eg Portland vs GS. Some of the higher seeds are inexperienced too which adds to the intrigue.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]This is probably one of those high parity years where a good number of "upsets" are going to happen.
    [/COLOR]

Real contenders: GSW, Rockets, Celtics and Raptors.
    Slight chance: OKC, bucks, 76ers.
    Zero chance: Blazers, Denver, Jazz

Bucks
    Raptors
    Philly
    Pacers
    Celtics

Warriors
    Nuggets
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Thunder
    Pacers (overachieving)