Default Dri Archer vs Usain Bolt 40 yd dash and 50m?

We know Usain is destroying Archer in a 100m.

Who wins is a 40yd dash head to head?

Who wins the 50 meter?

Default Re: Dri Archer vs Usain Bolt 40 yd dash and 50m?

i would definitely put my money on bolt, especially if he got some time to practice first. no doubt archer is fast as hell but bolt is the best sprinter in human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    i would definitely put my money on bolt, especially if he got some time to practice first. no doubt archer is fast as hell but bolt is the best sprinter in human history.
    I read somewhere Bolt ran a 40yd dash in 4.63. That's the time for faster linebackers. Where Bolt excels is his top end speed and stride. Personally due to technique and burst I think DeGrasse would bear Bolt in a 40yd race

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

For a casual observer as myself, it just seems so hard to imagine a real difference between the two distances but I guess there's more nuance to it then I think.

Does it just take a lot longer for Bolt to reach his top speed or is he just simply "pacing" himself in the 100m?

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    For a casual observer as myself, it just seems so hard to imagine a real difference between the two distances but I guess there's more nuance to it then I think.

Does it just take a lot longer for Bolt to reach his top speed or is he just simply "pacing" himself in the 100m?
    40 is all about reaction and acceleration. Bolt has slow reaction time for an elite sprinter.... it's not a matter of pacing himself, he had a slow reaction time and he had to use his stride and top-speed to overcome that.

Bolt could definitely be beaten in a 40 yard dash.... 100m or 200m, he's the king forever

We don't know as Bolt has a 100m strategy.
    He may be able to go 40 yd much quicker than he deliberately does his first 40 yd in the 100m.

https://www.freelapusa.com/how-fast-...-40-yard-dash/

Here is an article that clocks Bolt's 40yd time on his world record run at 4.64 despite having the advantage of cleats and a starting block. Combine runners start at a 3 point stance. Dri Archer clocked at 4.26. I don't know if Bolt could adjust to those conditions to top 4.30 even. Dri wins 40yd easily.

The real debate is 50m.

Very good NBA starter

for the 100m run at the high school level, there is no strategy. there's nothing to calculate because you just go all out 100% max turbo from the start. the race is so short. not sure how pros go at it but i doubt they have a big strategy neither. maybe instead of going 100% at the start, they go 99 or 98%. but it's still pretty much a full-on turbo blast.

it's not like the 400m or 800m or longer races where you gotta figure out your tank and pace to not run out of gas before the finish line.