Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Default Re: Official Suicide Squad Thread

I guess when you really think on it

They need more character driven stories.. Too much plot development focus at the expense of fleshing out the characters

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    When they first introduced Harley it said "Accomplice to mured of Robin" among other things.
    In the comics when Robin comes back, Joker killed him. Just because documents say he was killed, doesn't mean it to be true.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    I guess when you really think on it

They need more character driven stories.. Too much plot development focus at the expense of fleshing out the characters
    This movie needed better plot development.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch
    In the comics when Robin comes back, Joker killed him. Just because documents say he was killed, doesn't mean it to be true.
    On second hand, that wouldn't make much sense given the flashback scenes because of chronological order. Dang, I wanted him to be Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch
    This movie needed better plot development.
    You think so? I thought a hell of a lot happened, especially in the Ultimate Edition

Well I guess every movie could do with "better plot development"

I was more speaking of there being too much going on... I think a higher quality plot could have been achieved, by refining, cutting out the filler and using more of that screen time to flesh out the characters, develop them so we can better appreciate them as characters and understand their motives

The Ultimate Edition Cut does a better job at this, but there was still so much unnecesary plots, like the forced JL moments, which should have been during the credits, and the whole Doomsday arc. Cut all that out, and perhaps reshape the plot resolution to involve Lex in some other devious way.. Maybe as Batman goes to save Martha, Lex goes and reevaluates, taking Lois hostage, along with the spear.... Lex kills Superman with the Spear.. Play out the whole "I killed God" moment, Batman returns, captures Lex, and wallah... Kind of makes WW redundant.. She could easily be cut from the film... This would work well if they really played up the Lois hostage moment...

Well that's my thoughts anyways... Just too much going on in one movie... There was quality there, but it was hidden from a pile of irrelevant storylines and theatrical cuts.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    You think so? I thought a hell of a lot happened, especially in the Ultimate Edition

Well I guess every movie could do with "better plot development"

I was more speaking of there being too much going on... I think a higher quality plot could have been achieved, by refining, cutting out the filler and using more of that screen time to flesh out the characters, develop them so we can better appreciate them as characters and understand their motives

The Ultimate Edition Cut does a better job at this, but there was still so much unnecesary plots, like the forced JL moments, which should have been during the credits, and the whole Doomsday arc. Cut all that out, and perhaps reshape the plot resolution to involve Lex in some other devious way.. Maybe as Batman goes to save Martha, Lex goes and reevaluates, taking Lois hostage, along with the spear.... Lex kills Superman with the Spear.. Play out the whole "I killed God" moment, Batman returns, captures Lex, and wallah... Kind of makes WW redundant.. She could easily be cut from the film... This would work well if they really played up the Lois hostage moment...

Well that's my thoughts anyways... Just too much going on in one movie... There was quality there, but it was hidden from a pile of irrelevant storylines and theatrical cuts.
    Sorry, I thought we were still discussing Suicide Squad. BvS had plenty of plot (stupid, but didn't need more), while I agree they needed to flesh out characters more in that movie.

[QUOTE]Even though Suicide Squad set a few box office records in its opening days, it dropped significantly over the weekend. In fact, it dropped almost as far as Batman v. Superman, the movie it was supposed to make up for.

You might recall that Suicide Squad set the wonderfully specific

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    More bad news for DC
    thgey deserve it for disrespkin jokers name and not recongizing him as one of their biggest draws. they rly thought nikkas was gonna tell other nikkas they GOT TO GO see this movie for 10 mins of joker and 3 mins of batman? this movie got no word of mouth

these dumass nikkas were banking on harley quinn and 50 yr old will smith to break 800mill with cara delidevine as the main villain. stupid ass nikkas.

good news is they have no choice but to relase the ultimate edition we get to see how leto joker rly was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    good news is they have no choice but to relase the ultimate edition we get to see how leto joker rly was.
    Just call it the Joker edition and add 2 more minutes and it'll sell like hotcakes.

I usually hit open layups

These DC movies have been very polarizing.

Brilliant

Very much felt like the Deadshot and Harley show. Was meh, 5/10