Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit
    Why would you start your franchise with a slashing guard whose dominance is dependent upon his athleticism when you can start it with a generational big, and the best defender of our era?

That doesn't make sense. Athleticism fades. Height, length, and IQ are eternal.
    Dwight's game is based on athleticism too. It's not like he's particularly smart.

Default Re: Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Don't tell me you think Howard is better than prime Nowitzki...

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    He's not a great leader but come on, he's carried a team to the finals and has had to put up with shit supporting casts his whole career. It's not like Derrick Rose is some great leader either, I mean hell the guy can barely talk.

Honestly I'm kind of sick of hearing about how Dwight is quitting on the Magic. The guy had 28/16 last night, and no one else on the team had over 10 points. What part of that says that Dwight is quitting on the team? If anything it seems like they're quitting on him.

Who is the second best player on that team? Ryan Anderson? Dwight's never even had an all-star caliber player playing alongside him, how can you expect him to rack up the championships?
    Sad but true.. seems like a good kid but everytime he does an interview i cringe. It's like he's constantly fumbling for words. Sounds like one of those inner-city "urban" youth who take 5 minutes to read 5 paragraphs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    At similar age/experience, Dwight is pretty far ahead of what Dirk did at that time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Howard >>>>>>>>>> Rose

You Rose fans are not better than Carmelo Anthony fans.
    Last season, I would agree. This season, I would not agree. It is about as simple as that. Howard just hasn't been as effective, dominant, and impacful this season as he was last season.

Banned

That dude has like a GPS signal on all of my posts.

Only a clown thinks dwight freaking howard is as good as dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    That dude has like a GPS signal on all of posts.

No one cares what you think about Dirk, you silly homer. You aren't objective in the least (especially about Dirk) and have a weird creepy obsession with bashing Dwight Howard because you're butthurt that most people know he's better than your boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Last season, I would agree. This season, I would not agree. It is about as simple as that. Howard just hasn't been as effective, dominant, and impacful this season as he was last season.
    What? He's already got six 20 rebound games this year, and five 20/20 games. I think I read somewhere that that is the most of those in the first 15 games in like 20 years or something like that.

Banned

I bet you made this thread just to add Rose's name. Your obsession with him is quite frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    That dude has like a GPS signal on all of posts.

I do believe that prime Nowitzki is better than prime Dwight, but you're talking as if their overall impact is not close. While Dirk blows Dwight in offense, Dwight does to Dirk on defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What? He's already got six 20 rebound games this year, and five 20/20 games. I think I read somewhere that that is the most of those in the first 15 games in like 20 years or something like that.
    Howard has been better rebounding this season compared to last season but he has done everything else worse.

Howard isn't playing defense and blocking shots as well as he did last season, he isn't scoring as much or as efficiently as well as he did last season, and he sure as hell isn't a very good leader right now either.

Rose's TS% is higher than Howard's TS% and that is saying something. Howard usually shoots in the 60% range for TS% but he is shooting 55% this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    At similar age/experience, Dwight is pretty far ahead of what Dirk did at that time.
    Dirk made the nba finals OUT WEST at 28, also made the WCF at 25. so he's pretty far ahead of howard.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Howard has been better rebounding this season compared to last season but he has done everything else worse.

Howard isn't playing defense and blocking shots as well as he did last season, he isn't scoring as much or as efficiently as well as he did last season, and he sure as hell isn't a very good leader right now either.

Rose's TS% is higher than Howard's TS% and that is saying something. Howard usually shoots in the 60% range for TS% but he is shooting 55% this season.
    His blocks are down and so is his scoring, but I am sure he will pick it up. He's a one man wrecking crew for that team. His second best player is Ryan Anderson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    I do believe that prime Nowitzki is better than prime Dwight, but you're talking as if their overall impact is not close. While Dirk blows Dwight in offense, Dwight does to Dirk on defense.
    it's not just offense, it's the total package. Dirk makes everyone better. Dwight doesn't. every time someone runs a pick and roll with dirk it's an unofficial assist. and also while howard is a far better team defender their man defense is a lot closer than you/the media want to think it is. and team defense is a lot more replaceable than great offense (eg tyson chandler)
    Last edited by brisbaneman; 01-28-2012 at 10:38 PM.