Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Cali Love

Default Re: Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

I like the confidence, but it's simply not true anymore. Almost anyone can guard him 1-on-1 now.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I like the confidence, but it's simply not true anymore. Almost anyone can guard him 1-on-1 now.

He could lead the league in scoring if he wanted to. You can't do that if you're able to be defended 1-on-1 by "almost" anyone.

Banned

its tru though

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CLE[216]
    Right, because the WE DA BESS crew makes ISH a better place.
    There just seems to be less of them.

Banned

Only Dirk that allowed to makes this comment at this point. Shut up lebron, u can't even blow friggin' Omer Asik.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This is why this guy is so arrogant. That's if he really said this which I don't doubt that he did.

Melo can lock this fool down
    hahaa boyyy marsh-Melo cant even guard his own girlfriends poochie, i force sex on her every times i visit new york

his name is marsh-Melo but i make his girlfreind pussy into marshmellow filled

i doesnt like black girl,but i play in hes girlfriend chocolate river like im in Willy Wonker chocolate factory

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899
    Only Dirk that allowed to makes this comment at this point. Shut up lebron, u can't even blow friggin' Omer Asik.
    LOL Omar Asik is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydez
    hahaa boyyy marsh-Melo cant even guard his own girlfriends poochie, i force sex on her every times i visit new york

his name is marsh-Melo but i make his girlfreind pussy into marshmellow filled

i doesnt like black girl,but i play in hes girlfriend chocolate river like im in Willy Wonker chocolate factory
    i wanna smash lala next

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Are people seriously arguing this?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Maybe in today's league *cough soft, but in the days of handchecking and guards like Gary Payton getting DPOY there was plenty of real defense being played. Some people actually believe the 96 Sonics would have beaten the bulls in the Finals if Payton was on Jordan the entire series.
    I wish these clowns would actually watch games from their golden era and realize how common 70+ FTA games were, how so many flagrants were "soft" in the 90s due to the bad boys era, and realize how many touch fouls were called amongst other things. The most physical era in the NBA was actually the 70s. And rules eliminated REAL, physical handchecking in '79:

1978-79
    Clarification added to prohibit hand-checking through “rigid enforcement” of rule allowing a defensive player to retain contact with his opponent so long as he does not impede his opponent’s progress.
    In the 80s, I've seen handchecking get called all the time. Commentators pointing out on replays how the guy was not allowed to handcheck etc. SI published an entire feature article in the 80s because NBA defense was perceived as a JOKE. Poor help defense, no zone, less and less physicality, and so on. That's how everybody thought of it at the time. Handchecking was still allowed in the backcourt however to pressure the ball handler, but they eliminated that altogether in '94.

The same BS complaints people have now, people had back then. I saw old timers from the 70s on half time segments making fun of how you couldn't guard Jordan because of all the favorable rules for him (isolation, lack of physicality etc). I'll gladly upload video of couple of them talking about this because I think I saved it somewhere. And the same "handchecking" complaints were going on in '93, in fact here's an NY Times article:

Published: March 28, 1993
    The increase of flagrant fouls and violence between players in today's National Basketball Association is a direct result of the elimination of the defensive hand check from games. Physical contact has always been a part of modern professional basketball. But when the N.B.A. abolished a defensive player's ability to use the hand check as a way of slowing down the offensive player he was guarding, players began finding new ways to keep their opponents from going to the hoop. As a result, the hip check has replaced the hand check, as frustrated players try to limit their opponents' scoring chances.

It is time for the N.B.A. to reinstate the use of the hand-check.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 06-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.

is this crap is thread worthy?

If LaMarcus Aldridge claimed this very same statement would that even matter?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Melo can't guard a tree.

STFU Knick fan.

Tell yo moms to pay the cable bill, Melo plays good D on LeBron.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

no thanks to the refs

Good college starter

What should he say? "No one in the world can guard me...cept loul dang n sean marian lolz"