Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default East conf exec disses Wade and Bosh..will they step it up in the playoffs?

https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/stat...67201213403136

Do teams still fear the Heat? No. Some never even feared them in the first place. Scratch that. They should’ve never feared them in the first place — unless this “executive” is referencing fear and respect as the same thing.

With that said, a lot of the times, fear is respect. However, in this matter (when it comes to the Heat), that isn’t usually the case. From the outright, the Heat played every game as if they had an “x” on their backs, searching for that respect – sometimes looking to instill fear in their opponents. And, most of the time, they failed.

LeBron, and the Heat, weren’t a good villain. At least, not when they overly embraced it. LeBron even admitted that he was trying to hard to prove everyone wrong, and it didn’t work.

So, fear. Apparently no one fears them anymore – at least, everyone on the team not named LeBron James. Which is odd.

I feel like this “executive”, whoever he is, is spitting out more “hate” than knowledge. I’ll assume his reference to “fear” is “respect”. If that’s the case, he’s essentially saying that Dwyane Wade is washed up and that Chris Bosh isn’t a real threat, which you don’t even have to worry about.

It’s a clear shot to both those players. No one else on the team, really.

I think it’s more that than truth.

Sure, Wade isn’t what he used to be and Bosh isn’t exactly listed in the dictionary under dominant. However, you can argue that Wade-Bosh is the best 2-and-3-option combo in the league.

The thing that this “executive” doesn’t get is that Wade and Bosh shouldn’t be judged individually. Sure, the NBA is probably one of the most individualistic team sports out there, however, at the end of the day, it’s still a game in which you live and die by the way the “team” plays. It’s rarely one player’s fault, even though we love the narratives.

Alone Wade is probably a clown; the same goes for Bosh. After all, neither managed to take a team to the NBA Finals on their backs alone, as LeBron James did. Though, isn’t this the exact reason as to why they joined together back on the summer night in July 2010?

Isn’t this the premise of this whole “dynasty”? Individually, they may be clowns, and no one may fear them. But, as a team, and with LeBron James, you kind of have to at least respect them.

So, yes, go ahead. Call them clowns, and talk about how no one fears them anymore. Ironically, no one feared them in the first place. They beat the fear into you – just like they’ll do again. With those washed up clowns.

Some things never change. We’re almost four years removed, and people still doubt them. And they’ll continue to. Until that moment when they get to say: “I told you they would fail”.

Too bad, more than likely, that’ll come after LeBron James, and his clowns, have won multiple rings.

Even if it ends during this postseason run, they’ve already won. Maybe it’s time for that one executive to look in the mirror and find out who the real clown is.
    http://sircharlesincharge.com/2014/0...afraid-clowns/

College superstar

Default Re: East conf exec disses Wade and Bosh..will they step it up in the playoffs?

I don't think Wade and Bosh properly show just how valuable they are based on statistics alone.

They both demand attention at all times which makes life a lot easier for Lebron, who can blow by anyone. If they try to double Lebron, the Heat usually have Chalmers, Allen, or Battier in for him to kick out for a high percentage 3.

Wade's cutting is still explosive, and I really don't think he's lost that much athletically. He's been careful all season and I think it will pay off in the end.

Default Re: East conf exec disses Wade and Bosh..will they step it up in the playoffs?

Jesus Christ... Silk is an NBA exec.

We need to stop shitting on this dude and give him some respect.

some executives don't make basketball decisions. Who's to say this guy isn't the head of accounting for the magic?

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

They had a 50% Wade last year and won...

This year, he's been playing at like 89% all season. They've been careful with his health for the past two weeks. Pretty sure Wade is ready to go. I don't expect anything less than 20/5/5.

Bosh is still Bosh of previous years. Jump shooter with good rotational defensive instincts who can now shoot threes.

The real problem is inconsistent shooting from the role players.

miami needs a healthy wade in the playoffs. i think he'll average 22 to 23 ppg in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    miami needs a healthy wade in the playoffs. i think he'll average 22 to 23 ppg in the playoffs.
    Bro, why are you rocking a Heat avy? You're a Cavs fan.

"East Conf Exec" aka sportscenter

This exec needs to visit ISH more often. If he did, he would know that Wade is the 2nd best player in the NBA, and Bosh is a 25/10 guy waiting to happen if not for Lebron.

And the rest of Miami is the most stacked team of all-time.

STACKED!

Show Me Dont Tweet Me

Healthly Wade should still be feared.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    This exec needs to visit ISH more often. If he did, he would know that Wade is the 2nd best player in the NBA, and Bosh is a 25/10 guy waiting to happen if not for Lebron.

And the rest of Miami is the most stacked team of all-time.

STACKED!

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Healthly Wade should still be feared.
    we haven't seen that wade since 2011 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    we haven't seen that wade since 2011 lol
    Well he's more healthy than he was last year now...