Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Most dominant playoff scoring center in NBA history?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG

u could make a case for Robinson over Hakeem as playoff scorer

David Robinson in his rookie season took the Spurs from 21 wins in 89 to 56 in 90 and averaged: 24.3ppg 12.0rpg 4.0bpg 1.1spg 2.3apg 2.4topg with a .581ts% in the playoffs while being by far (far far far...i'm not sure i can say it enough) the best defensive player player on the team and taking the eventual 1990 finals losing Blazers to 7 games in the WCSF. Jesus christ, what a joke Robinson is. He immediately joins the Spurs turning them into an elite team basically overnight by his presence, has a great playoffs which includes taking the team who actually went to the Finals in 1990 from the WC the Blazers to 7 games. THIS IS HIS ROOKIE YEAR. Here's a player who is defined by one playoff series vs another dominant player at the same position who has no equal as far as players period that were as good as him as a rookie in the last 34 years. That's how good he was. David Robinson was basically a top 3 player in the league HIS FIRST SEASON. I don't understand how you can be underrated when you basically have the best rookie regular season over the last 30+ years, went 7 games with the team that lost in the NBA Finals that same year...not even Shaq can say he was as dominate as Robinson in his ROOKIE YEAR.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-16-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Peak-wise;
    1. Shaquille O'Neal
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Hakeem Olajuwon

Overall;
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    2. Shaquille O'Neal
    3. Hakeem Olajuwon

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Just for the fun of it...

How many of those guys had FOUR playoff series of 37.0 ppg, 37.0 ppg, 38.6 ppg, and 38.7 ppg?

And this one is really good...how many of them had FOUR 50+ point games, including THREE in MUST-WIN games? Or a 45 point MUST-WIN game in the Finals?

How many of those guys saw an 8 point drop from their regular season ppg to their playoff ppg for their career?

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal

How many of those guys saw an 8 point drop from their regular season ppg to their playoff ppg for their career?
    How many of them averaged 30 ppg in their regular season careers? How many of them averaged 40 ppg over the course of their seven best scoring seasons? And in their seven best scoring seasons, how many of them averaged 33 ppg in the playoffs in that span?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    How many of them averaged 30 ppg in their regular season careers? How many of them averaged 40 ppg over the course of their seven best scoring seasons? And in their seven best scoring seasons, how many of them averaged 33 ppg in the playoffs in that span?
    you're right dude, point totals from those two eras are very comparable valid points all

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Are you stupid or do you just have selective memory. Just 2 posts ago, I pointed out that Shaq scored 27 points on 17 shots a game in '04, in the Finals.

As I said, Shaq was still a beast in '04 and would've won a ring and FMVP, if it wasn't for Kobe.

True. Shaq is just flat out better at their peaks though.
    Kareem had better peak everything wise, he scored efficiently, he made his FTs at a high level, dished out assists, facilitated offense and I know it's not relevant here (as are rebounding numbers) but he also played elite defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    you're right dude, point totals from those two eras are very comparable valid points all
    These what "2 eras"? He's not even comparing 2 players. Read before trying to sound smart.
    And even if he was, if total points are not comparable, neither are point differentials.