Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Default Re: HBO Silicon Valley

I miss Peter on the show. I think he was the best part about it. I expected more from Mike Judge tbh.

Did they ever figure out how long it would take to jerk off every guy in the conference

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I thought that was the best episode of the season. Really went out on a high note. I'm not a huge TJ Miller guy, but I found his Urlich to be pretty good. It would be easy for me to be irritated by a character that over the top, but they've sprikled him pretty well, and it helps that he occosionally gets called out on his bullshit.

The dynamic between Martin Star and the Indian guy has gotten better as the season wore on. And Martin Star is my favorite guy on the show, so the better he plays out the more I'll like it I'm sure.

And frankly, it for me was the jerk off bit, which I thought was really well written, that could've been just total toilet humor, which doesn't offend me, but they got a notch above that.

I also agree that the short season may be a blessing in disguise.

NBA Superstar

i liked the potential of this after the first episode but i don't think they have much of a winner here at all. It tries a bit too hard with geek cliches too much. I didn't like the guy that played that eccentric character much either that passed away. I just felt he didn't add much.

I feel the writing is generally rather poor as well as plot lines as well. i mean they go from inventing some amazing compression system that is supposed to revolutionize computer data being the basis of them taking off in the computer world, only for another company to steal it from them, and now he comes up with some other nerd ingenious idea to make it even better.

It just feels this shows writers have no clue where they're going with the plot lines, and it seems mostly small talk banter between nerd characters...which basically sums up the episodes.

its a shame since they got a slot time behind GoT, so you'd think HBO could've done a lot better to capitalize off of introducing something new.

Banned

Based on the ads i saw before the first episode I really thought this would be terrible. Actually enjoyed it though. The last few episodes were way better than the first half of the season. I'm not really a laugh out loud guy when watching tv but I was laughing pretty hard during the finale

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Season finale was last night. Any of you guys catch it?

Short season, but it didnt become too stale. The finale gave premise to an interesting second season. however, with the death of christopher evan, the actor who played, peter gregory, i wonder how/if theyll work that into the story. he wasnt in the last 2 episodes, so the question is will they kill off his character(which is you watched the finale, they didnt allude to) or will they simply replace him

Brilliant finale. The idea of Richard not only saving Pied Piper, but also revolutionizing compression based on a debate about efficiently jacking off as many dude's as possible was genius.

I hope they kill off Peter Gregory, with where we left Richard and Monica (organising a date when PP was dead and now having to cancel that date) I see her becoming the boss lady, which is good, because I've been dreading the development of their relationship since ep1.

I'd like to see a few more recurring characters like Andrew Daly in the show. Maybe the dude from best-buy who quit his job to pursue his parking app (in ep2 or 3 I think) could pop-up in ever shittier jobs around town?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

you buttheads still watching this? I LOVE this season, thus far. probably the show i look most forward to watching every week, along with the show preceding it.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Still watching. Still enjoying it. I love this new douchebag investor guy. I think it's funny that the old investor has been replaced by a female version of himself. And I like the turn of the Huli guy into what appears to be just pure evil. That type of extreme works on this show to the point of being necessary. I'm still not fond of TJ Miller, but having the super douchebag ignore him adds a different element to Ulrich. And I'm hopeful the new girl engineer they just added sparks up the Martin Starr and Dinesh.

Actually one of the biggest problems with the show is that I really don't like Richard. His googly eyed mealy mouthedness I don't find funny at all. I find the Jared character to be much funnier as the driver of the bosses being bullied by the employees material.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    you buttheads still watching this? I LOVE this season, thus far. probably the show i look most forward to watching every week, along with the show preceding it.
    I loved season one and so far season two is great as well.

I would watch every week just to see Dinesh and Gilfoyle argue

The new rich investor douchebag reminds me of how Dan Bilzerian would be in real life

Banned

I'm still watching, still enjoying it. Right now it's probably the best comedy on (although there's not many other good comedies on right now). I don't really like the woman who replaced Peter though, he played that role perfectly and she just seems like shes trying to hard to fill his shoes but isn't a good enough actress. Haven't watched this weeks episode yet but the last one was good. "I bet this guy ****s!"

I like it. Hope they keep coming with the new ideas. Big Head development is pretty clever.

Banned

Enjoyed the first season, second season has been good so far too. Game of Thrones, Veep, and Silicon Valley are the only reason why I currently give a shit about HBO.

I've been watching here and there. Out of order. I don't laugh as much as Veep but I find it a good way to relax for a half hour and get a couple laughs.