Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: A.I. Stat....33 PPG WTF?

But he didn't practice..

NBA rookie of the year

Overrated as a scorer imo, but dude was all heart, played through dozens of injuries, and had perhaps the most stamina of all time. Think about this: from '99-'08 (10 seasons) this dude played between 41-44 mpg every season, and then 43-47 mpg in the postseasons (most of which were very short, but still). He had poor teams which meant he had to play big minutes, but regardless, very, very few players in history could have played all-out like he did at those mpg for that many years.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Overrated as a scorer imo, but dude was all heart, played through dozens of injuries, and had perhaps the most stamina of all time. Think about this: from '99-'08 (10 seasons) this dude played between 41-44 mpg every season, and then 43-47 mpg in the postseasons (most of which were very short, but still). He had poor teams which meant he had to play big minutes, but regardless, very, very few players in history could have played all-out like he did at those mpg for that many years.
    While partying all the time and never really caring about taking care of his body. Ridiculous. Probably has alot to do with why he fell off a cliff once he got old, but still ridiculous.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    A.I. was a weapon. He constantly attacked and, if I remember correctly, played the whole game with perhaps only a 2-4min break.

Great shooter.
    Alltime great ball handler.
    Alltime great stamina and endurance.
    Alltime great passion for the game.

Never even had a side-kick until Melo. At that point it was too late.
    Poor shooter.
    Had a great passion that drove him to not practice and alienate himself from his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Allen Iverson is sixth all time in PPG....

Maybe not such a great team player, maybe not the best lockerroom player (although he was loved by most of his teammates on his Philly teams)
    He most certainly was not loved, in fact his teammates resented him for not practicing and it cause dissent on the team especially at the end of his tenure in Philly.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He most certainly was not loved, in fact his teammates resented him for not practicing and it cause dissent on the team especially at the end of his tenure in Philly.

Quotes or stories pleeeeeeease.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    And you know this because?
    How about you bring up some numbers? How many times did he not go to practices that his team held? Which guys on his Philly team actually came out to dislike him? Show me something substantial instead of spewing crap

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    At 40%

the one chucker to rule all chuckers
    45% and 7.5 assists that year. Doesn't make him not a chucker but give him full credit for a great season.

NBA lottery pick

He wa such a fucckkking beast!!

When he carried the east all star team in the 2nd half Godly

Pelican Brief

Simmons maintains AI would come to practice drunk.... It's Simmons though.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    a lot of fools who say he's overrated have amnesia.

33ppg on 45% Fg is sick on any level. you put that up in the NBA, you are an elite player.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

be easy with the entire "practice" thing because truth be told, the GREAT Bill Russell hated practice and I think he used to read the paper during team practices.

i've read it in numerous sports bios but here is the text

[B]Admittedly, after a while, Russell would start to lose his edge. At practice one day, Red asked him why he looked so bad. Bill said he was tired.

Red told him not to scrimmage that day. From that day forward, at practices, after the team went through

Why is everyone hating on Iverson these days?

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    And you know this because?
    How about you bring up some numbers? How many times did he not go to practices that his team held? Which guys on his Philly team actually came out to dislike him? Show me something substantial instead of spewing crap
    This was straight from Billy King's mouth on 610 WIP. If you were from the Philly area you would know what that was. He literally missed practice all the time. Not like a few times a season but all the time. When Pat Croce was there he served as a mediator between Larry Brown and Iverson because Iverson wouldn't listen and wouldn't practice. I'm not spewing anything, this is well known. In his last few years there he was at practice very infrequently. When you live in the area where someone plays, you know a lot more about that person than what gets reported in the national media. I'm not slagging him. I'm glad he was a Sixer. He had a great championship run. His first few years sucked and the team sucked and he sucked. When Larry Brown got there they played really well. After he left it all fell apart again. Iverson was never a gym rat. Almost all of the greats from Jordan to Bird to Kobe to Lebron are/were. Go watch his "practice" rant. It'll give you plenty of insight into how he viewed practicing. What he failed to realize is that it also builds relationships with your teammates. Here's the deal, I wouldn't trade his time in philly for any other player, but I'm a realist and not an apologist for this dude. I enjoyed most of his time here in Philly. Him and his crew and his dumbass uncle had an awful reputation around town. Just because someone can play basketball doesn't make them a great guy or loved my his teammates. Jordan was a total asshole and not loved by his teammates. Magic was mostly like by his teammates but had an awful reputation w fans and when he came back Nick VanExel hated him and used to ridicule him and call him fat. That doesn't make him a bad player that just means these people are just people not gods.

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Simmons maintains AI would come to practice drunk.... It's Simmons though.
    Again poor man Tyronn Lue, Tyrone would come to practice in a alcoholic coma.