Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default LeBron James is...

Two games of 30/10/10 away from being the all time leader in that category. Last night was his tenth tying Magic. He has more of these than Kobe does triple doubles in his career. 10 30/10/10 games is nuts IMO. Also just for those stats nuts LeBron is already ahead of Jordan in triple doubles for his career.

One more point. Of the last 16 30/10/10 games recorded LeBron has 10, and 5 of the last 6.

Edit::: I messed up. LeBron is ten away from Jordans career TDs not ahead of him. Jordan has 25 (best as I could tell any way) and LeBron has 10 as of 2007-01-19. So I have no idea what he has now.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=us
    Last edited by Mdog1; 01-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Default Re: LeBron James is...

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    Two games of 30/10/10 away from being the all time leader in that category.
    Wow, that's nuts. He's going to be racking games like that up for the next decade, way past the record

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Two games of 30/10/10 away from being the all time leader in that category. Last night was his tenth tying Magic. He has more of these than Kobe does triple doubles in his career. 10 30/10/10 games is nuts IMO. Also just for those stats nuts LeBron is already ahead of Jordan in triple doubles for his career.

One more point. Of the last 16 30/10/10 games recorded LeBron has 10, and 5 of the last 6.
    Impressive stat. He'll DESTROY the record.

It's a bit deceiving because it's possible to have as much of an effect on the game (or more) without a triple double as with one, even a 30-10-10 one. Very impressive stat, nonetheless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Wow, that's nuts. He's going to be racking games like that up for the next decade, way past the record
    That is my thinking to. How nuts is it at 24. Of course we can't tell how many of those games guys like Oscar would have had, but still insane none the less.

Another thing I find interesting is his being passed Jordan in TD's for a career.

I usually hit open layups Mr. Bryant's Avatar

The greatest stat padder in NBA history.

That is my thinking to. How nuts is it at 24. Of course we can't tell how many of those games guys like Oscar would have had, but still insane none the less.

Another thing I find interesting is his being passed Jordan in TD's for a career.
    Jordan role on his team was a little different. He was a shooting guard who happened to do everything well. But he

a) had Scottie Pippen to share on-ball responsibilities with starting with the 1990 season

b) is not a 6'8" 260 lbs small forward. He was 6'6" and weighed 195 lbs for most of his career.

College star

who's the all-time leader? Bird? Jordan?

edit:just looked it up, basketball-reference says it's MJ since the 1987 season
    so you talking about all-time is a bit preposterous, no? It doesn't count half of Bird's and Magic's careers. That includes seasons those two were averaging 29/11/7 (Bird) and 19/10/10 (Magic), amongst other great all-around numbers.
    I'm not even talking about the Big O here...
    Last edited by Brunch@Five; 01-14-2009 at 06:11 PM.

You sure about that ? Oscar averaged 30/10/10 for an entire season (and had 4 others that were damn close), seems like he must have had a lot of such games.

LOL yeah well it wasn't a LBJ>Jordan comment, just something that I find very interesting. Jordan is seen as the greatest all around player ever and yet a 24 year old is ahead of him on the TD list.

Before that Kobe comment comes back to haunt me maybe I should delete it?
    My lips are sealed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    who's the all-time leader? Bird? Jordan?
    Jordan is the all time leader in this category.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    My lips are sealed.
    I just don't want some idiot turning this into a LeBron and Kobe thread. Or even a Jordan Kobe LeBron thread.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Wait, so LeBron has more 30/10/10 games than the Big O? More than Bird?

LOL yeah well it wasn't a LBJ>Jordan comment, just something that I find very interesting. Jordan is seen as the greatest all around player ever and yet a 24 year old is ahead of him on the TD list.

Before that Kobe comment comes back to haunt me maybe I should delete it?
    I think Jordan is one of the most all-around players when you consider defense. But I would rank Bird and maybe Magic above him in terms of being the best all-around offensive player. There probably are others, but those are the guys I've seen with my own eyes.

But MJ's still up there because, as I've said, it's possible to have as much of an impact without getting a triple double.

For example, look at this...

Larry Bird (1986 Finals)
    24pts, 9.7 rebs, 9.5 asts, 2.67 stls, 0.33 blks on 48% fg

Michael Jordan (1991 Finals)
    31.2 pts, 6.6 rebs, 11.4 asts, 2.8 stls, 1.4 blks on 61% fg

Larry averaged a "triple double" (with rounding) but MJ averaged more points, more assists, more steals, more blocks and shot a higher percentage. So, it can be argued that MJ had just as much impact (if not more) than Larry, even though Larry had averaged a triple double.

And we never considered the defensive impact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Wait, so LeBron has more 30/10/10 games than the Big O? More than Bird?
    The games weren't counted back then for whatever reason. I think it started counting in 87 but don't quote me on that.

The games weren't counted back then for whatever reason. I think it started counting in 87 but don't quote me on that.
    Makes a lot more sense, and it would mean a lot of Magics and Birds games werent counted, nor where all of Oscars. Makes this record rather meaningless.