Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why does Lebron James shrink in clutch situation?

cause he's a homo

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Loss of ability resulting in loss of confidence.

He hasnt loss anything.
    It s all mental.

Made that high school varsity squad

yeah a meaningless game 10 of regular and lebron was soooo scared against the warriors.

because of this.

Banned

I'm going with lack of playoff success (winning a ring) combined with the fact that he had quite a few misses at the end of the games, losing in a humiliating sweep vs San Antonio & losing to the Celtics in 2010 when the Cavs were big favorites all has left this man with zero confidence come pressure time.

You'd have to be crazier than a fish with titties to not believe this.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    I'm going with lack of playoff success (winning a ring) combined with the fact that he had quite a few misses at the end of the games, losing in a humiliating sweep vs San Antonio & losing to the Celtics in 2010 when the Cavs were big favorites all has left this man with zero confidence come pressure time.

You'd have to be crazier than a fish with titties to not believe this.
    LeBron's jump shot is pretty suspect IMO, still doesn't impress me with his jumper, which doesn't help down the stretch either.

Quote Originally Posted by artest 93
    Too much pressure and he's afraid of blame, obviously. At this point, he's better off taking 5-10 FG's in the 4th and shooting 30-40% then not taking any and he needs to realize or accept this.

In CLE, win or lose, LeBron was blameless. Now it's different but he has to adjust to it. It's only regular season so I hope he finds a way to overcome this. If it's the last quarter of the game and they are down, he knows the announcers, newspapers, CLE, and co. are watching.

Don't think he would have caved if it was in Miami, though. With this guy, it's just so much thinking and feelings involved. Wish he would just be like "I do whatever I want".
    In regards to the "being afraid of blame" thought; he gets it regardless. Maybe even more so when someone else on the team hits the big shot, or he passes it. It would make sense if the media acted like nothing happened if the Heat fail NOT because of LeBron missing the last shot but that's clearly not the case.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    LeBron's jump shot is pretty suspect IMO, still doesn't impress me with his jumper, which doesn't help down the stretch either.
    You can't just bulldose ur way into the lane in crunch time is what u are getting at?

Banned

A large part of it is because he is a front-runner. Anytime adversity hits or things turn bad Lebron wants to completely disappear from the spotlight (e.g. 2011 NBA Finals). Lebron simply has a weak mentality. He loses his confidence faster than any other star player does.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    A large part of it is because he is a front-runner. Anytime adversity hits or things turn bad Lebron wants to completely disappear from the spotlight (e.g. 2011 NBA Finals). Lebron simply has a weak mentality. He loses his confidence faster than any other star player does.
    They were down 0-1 vs the Bulls in the ECF (his only bad game in the series). He proceeded to hit clutch shots with ease during that series.

College superstar

I'm as frustrated by Lebron's passiveness in the Finals and this season in the 4th quarter, but I see it as him foolishly buying into a system. What makes me feel that it's the Heat's "system" is because all things changed basically overnight. He completely dominated both the Celtics and the Bulls in the playoffs during clutch situations. While there was no need for any 4th quarter heroics in game 1 of the Finals, he was the best player in that game. Then...

Game 2 of the Finals happened. He didn't come through that game, and then everything changed. We all saw D-Wade's post game interviews after that game during the Finals where he was saying that he was "the leader" and it was "his team." These are statements he had not made all season long. Also, as I said in an earlier post, Bosh said on First Take that the Heat have made Wade their "closer". (Click on the link.) Lebron stupidly accepts that, and frankly doesn't know how to play when the offense isn't run through him. I honestly feels that he needs a little of the Jordan and Kobe mentality which says..."To hell with the system! I'm hot tonight and nobody can hold me." But he won't do that.

Lebron is the best all around player in the NBA but he seems to lack the killer instinct that other great players have. Players like kobe, jordan, bird, ray allen, miller, etc are not afraid to take a shot even if there's a possibility that they will miss. Even if they already missed 9 in a row, they'll still be willing to take additional shots without losing any confidence.

There are times that he'll miss but he needs to remember that as one of the leaders of the heat, he has the responsibility to take the big shots in the 4th qtr...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    They were down 0-1 vs the Bulls in the ECF (his only bad game in the series). He proceeded to hit clutch shots with ease during that series.
    That wasn't nearly as bad as their game 2 collapse.. not close really. One was a simple loss against a team where they were being outhuslted[Chi dominated the glass that game], and the other was a huge collapse that clearly swung the momentum of the series and put a shit load of adversity onto the Heat. Huge difference.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker09
    Lebron is the best all around player in the NBA but he seems to lack the killer instinct that other great players have. Players like kobe, jordan, bird, ray allen, miller, etc are not afraid to take a shot even if there's a possibility that they will miss. Even if they already missed 9 in a row, they'll still be willing to take additional shots without losing any confidence.

There are times that he'll miss but he needs to remember that as one of the leaders of the heat, he has the responsibility to take the big shots in the 4th qtr...

finally a good post

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    That wasn't nearly as bad as their game 2 collapse.. not close really. One was a simple loss against a team where they were being outhuslted[Chi dominated the glass that game], and the other was a huge collapse that clearly swung the momentum of the series and put a shit load of adversity onto the Heat. Huge difference.
    I'm not comparing. I'm just making a point regarding him not playing well any time there is adversity.