Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Deep Inside, I'm sure EVERYBODY wants to see the Heat in the Finals

Lets be for real, Nobody want to see Lakers vs Celtics again accepted Lakers fans because they know for a fact that they have a better chance of the 3-peat by not playing the Heat and Celtics fans just for revenge. And just people just get overhyped with this Lakers Celtics rivalry when like 1 player in the Celtics is in his prime. "Rondo" We are not going to see something that we havent seen before from those team if they face again.

Personally, I obviously perfer to see the Bulls in the Finals vs whoever but it would be interesting to see a Heat vs Lakers matchup regarlessly. Just think about it, 3 of the best players in the last 3 year "Kobe, Lebron, and Wade" all active. We can see what Lebron could do with All Star players in his team unlike in 2007, theres also the Bosh and Gasol matchup, Bibby would try to seek revenge from what happened in 2002, Phil Jackson last year will end up facing the team that made the NBA this popular since his Chicago Bulls team in the 90's.

And lets face the fact that the NBA is at its all time high in views because of the Heat and it would be lame if they would to not at least make it to the ECFs
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 04-21-2011 at 03:09 PM.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Deep Inside, I'm sure EVERYBODY wants to see the Heat in the Finals

Deep inside, I think everyone wants to see Memphis/Indiana.

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

Honestly, I just don't wanna see another Lakers/Boston final. Or any final with either of those teams. I'm sure they pull great ratings and all, but the collective NBA community is just getting tired of these matchups. Give me some fresh blood with OKC, Bulls, Miami, or Dallas.

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    Deep inside, I think everyone wants to see Memphis/Indiana.
    Stern's recurring nightmare.

Banned

Ain't you a bulls fan? Oh I see... You're one of those closet lebron fan!

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Miami's by far the most intriguing team, so I hope we see them go to the Finals and maybe win. In fact, I think the best scenario would be seeing one of OKC, Miami or Chicago win it all. It'd be the best way to end the last bit of basketball we might get for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeAwayJ13
    Honestly, I just don't wanna see another Lakers/Boston final. Or any final with either of those teams. I'm sure they pull great ratings and all, but the collective NBA community is just getting tired of these matchups. Give me some fresh blood with OKC, Bulls, Miami, or Dallas.
    I agree but this IS Phil's last season. I would like to see the Lakers in the Finals just one more time with that group.

Local High School Star

no. unless you're a heat bandwagoner or lebron fanboy no one wants to see them in the finals.

Banned

No i'd like to see Miami kicked out ASAP

I want the Bulls to go farther than the Heat but I would still love to watch Lakers vs Heat. I don't think anyone not from Boston area wants to see the Celtics lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Miami's by far the most intriguing team, so I hope we see them go to the Finals and maybe win. In fact, I think the best scenario would be seeing one of OKC, Miami or Chicago win it all. It'd be the best way to end the last bit of basketball we might get for a long time.
    Why can't the best scenario be only OKC or Chicago? Why must the Heat be apart of it?

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Why can't the best scenario be only OKC or Chicago? Why must the Heat be apart of it?
    What's wrong with them being apart of it?

Heat vs. OKC would be very compelling, as would San Antonio vs Boston; one last matchup between KG and TD while they're still effective. LAL vs Boston and/or Chicago would be OK too, not sure why people think otherwise.

no

Deep inside, I actually either wanna see the Bulls beat the LakeShow with Mike on the sidelines watching Kobe have his worst finals performance yet. Or the Heat lose in a rematch of the 2006 finals, this time, without Wade averaging 25 FTA per game.

But as for Lakers vs. Celtics or Lakers vs. Heat:

Deep Inside, I think Stern wants nothing more than to bring the most lucrative matchup to the networks. And he will fake/lie/meddle his way to that end.....to the detriment of the competitive spirit that is the root of all sports. This is why we can't have the greediest non-athletes running pro sports, they lack the sportsmanship and morality of the sportsman himself.