Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Baller Status

Default Is Kobe Bryant still in his Prime?

Are his best years behind him? Is he on the tail half of his prime? Have we yet to see his best games?

Would you say he's peaking right now, and he'll start his career decline, mid-way through this season?

In your honest opinion, where would you grade Kobe at? How much longer can he remain the best player in the NBA?

How do you even determine when a player is at his best? Is he just now entering his mental prime? But considerably out of his physical prime?

Someone please break down this Kobe saga and tell me where he's at. It's bothering me. I keep expecting to see this huge drop off in Kobe's skills and talents based on what all these LeBron fan's are saying. "Wait until he can't elevate for his jumper like he used to, he'll be a shell of his former self within 2-3 seasons, tops." and they said that a couple seasons ago. So I'm just waiting for the day I can honestly say, Kobe is no longer the best player in the NBA.

But what's going on? I thought we were supposed to be seeing this dramatic decline already? I haven't seen a decline in any area, have you?

National High School Star

Default Re: Is Kobe Bryant still in his Prime?

He's well out of his prime. He's just doing a good job of covering for it with his work ethic, but he's been out of his athletic prime.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

No, but old man Kobes game is pretty deadly ..

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    Are his best years behind him? Is he on the tail half of his prime? Have we yet to see his best games?

Would you say he's peaking right now, and he'll start his career decline, mid-way through this season?

In your honest opinion, where would you grade Kobe at? How much longer can he remain the best player in the NBA?

How do you even determine when a player is at his best? Is he just now entering his mental prime? But considerably out of his physical prime?

Someone please break down this Kobe saga and tell me where he's at. It's bothering me. I keep expecting to see this huge drop off in Kobe's skills and talents based on what all these LeBron fan's are saying. "Wait until he can't elevate for his jumper like he used to, he'll be a shell of his former self within 2-3 seasons, tops." and they said that a couple seasons ago. So I'm just waiting for the day I can honestly say, Kobe is no longer the best player in the NBA.

But what's going on? I thought we were supposed to be seeing this dramatic decline already? I haven't seen a decline in any area, have you?
    Kobe once he has his legs at the beginning of the year is very impressive. It is the grind of the season when we will be able to tell, we know he will bring it come playoff time. The guy finished eating alive whole OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans in which he put a 30 point triple double on back to back nights. Those two probably the best two youn shooting guards in the game.

Kobe has been playing prime superstar basketball for 10 years straight. He's truly a rare specimen.

His ups aren't all there anymore, but he's smarter than ever and knows how to school the young kids of the league.

athletic prime? YES

however he has gotten better as time has gone on. I said it before if he stays injury feel he will still be considered a top 10 player even by age 35 as his game is built to last. He has adjusted his game each year.

don't know, but I do know his team keeps winning.

may be he dunk less, and not often drive to the basket caused a false image for us, and think he is over his prime. It could possibly that he is changing his playing style, and reserve more for the playoff, as he is getting more injuries than before. Just like MJ get his 2nd 3-peat...

he just got a triple double last night...

His best days are behind him IMO. That's not to say he's not an elite player anymore.

I just don't think he's going to fall off as quickly as people expect.

College star

manu's prime>kobe's prime

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

No.

Peak was 05-07. Still only 32 though. Superstars don't stop being one at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    His best days are behind him IMO. That's not to say he's not an elite player anymore.

I just don't think he's going to fall off as quickly as people expect.
    He's going be playing at this level for a good deal longer..thats for sure health permitting.

Please contact

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    manu's prime>kobe's prime
    bashing is one thing, but you just look like a fool here.

Banned

I think Kobe of the last 3 years are the best versions of Kobe.

Baller Status

Kobe does adjust his style of play to cater to the long term. It's become more of a finesse game, but still plays with the same intensity and aggressiveness. He just doesn't drive to the rim like he used to.

A lot of those hard fouls come from driving to the rim, type of fouls that shed years off players careers. Which has me asking, how much longer can Dwayne Wade last? He's coming up on 28, and he's still taking it to the rim as hard as ever with the same reckless abandon.

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    Kobe does adjust his style of play to cater to the long term. It's become more of a finesse game, but still plays with the same intensity and aggressiveness. He just doesn't drive to the rim like he used to.

A lot of those hard fouls come from driving to the rim, type of fouls that shed years off players careers. Which has me asking, how much longer can Dwayne Wade last? He's coming up on 28, and he's still taking it to the rim as hard as ever with the same reckless abandon.

Both Lebron and Wade will need to adjust their games, Wade is skilled though so he should adjust but I don't see him being as effective as Kobe will be at say age 33/34.

Which is why I think it's going overboard when people say Miami will be winning titles or contending for a good 6 years.