Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: if DAL gets eliminated tonight, what is their next move?

I think Chris Kaman would have been a championship level pick up about 3 years ago. At this point in his career who could be one of those guys that put up good stats on a bad team. They've pretty much put all their eggs in the Deron Williams basket. They should make a move for a guy like Beasley, low risk high reward type of player. I don't see too many allstars up for grabs so they're going to have to find a diamond in the rough.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Marion would be amazing on ECF teams. He can shutdown Lebron/Pierce/Melo/Granger (the best scorers for contending teams) all game!

Chris Kaman is not a good fit. But Spencer Hawes could be. Not fast, but he's smart and he plays better defense than Kaman does...and his passing is terrific. He'd work with their spacing.

Hopefully they get burned by Deron.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Marion would be amazing on ECF teams. He can shutdown Lebron/Pierce/Melo/Granger (the best scorers for contending teams) all game!
    I wonder if Dallas would pull a Marion for Amare trade. Marion has the defensive versatility to allow Melo to play Pf without the Knicks being at a disadvantage on the defensive end.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

I'll stress it again. Mavs shouldn't spend on D-Will. He's too costly and doesn't fix all of their needs.

Mavs Needs

*Defensive center
    *Playmaking
    *Energy/Tempo
    *More shooting

Acquiring Nash fixes their playmaking, shooting, and energy/tempo needs. On top of this, he gives them extra chemistry and is really, really cheap and leaves them w/ more cap space.

Sign McGee or Hibbert to over-the-top deals. With an offer they can't refuse, they'll come over and provide the energy, defense, and rebounding that the Mavs need.

I hope Dallas doesn't put all their eggs in the Deron Williams basket. That's by no means a sure thing.

You know a player who would fit their current offense very well? DJ Augustin. He's quick, he can shoot. He's not a dominate the ball kind of PG. I think he would work very well with them and their spacing. He's from Texas. He's a RFA but there's no way Charlotte is gonna match for him. There's no reason for them to bring him back, unless it's to sign and trade.

NBA lottery pick

Well D-Will is trolling again just not sure which fanbase, Nets or Mavs?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    I'll stress it again. Mavs shouldn't spend on D-Will. He's too costly and doesn't fix all of their needs.

Mavs Needs

*Defensive center
    *Playmaking
    *Energy/Tempo
    *More shooting

Acquiring Nash fixes their playmaking, shooting, and energy/tempo needs. On top of this, he gives them extra chemistry and is really, really cheap and leaves them w/ more cap space.

Sign McGee or Hibbert to over-the-top deals. With an offer they can't refuse, they'll come over and provide the energy, defense, and rebounding that the Mavs need.
    To be honest Deron Williams can make an awful lot of a difference. Dirk is basically in the KG/Tim Duncan stage of his career, where he cannot carry a team as a true #1 option (in his case it

Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

I'm estimating Dallas has about 24M cap space next season after amnestying Haywood. Their remaining roster would look like:

None
    Dirk/Wright
    Marion
    Carter/Jones
    Beaubois

1. Sign Deron to a 5 year max deal 15M/year
    2. Sign Omer Asik or Kaman to a 2 year contract 5-10M/year
    3. resign West for vet min.
    4. Sign Antawn Jamison for vet min.
    5. Sign Deshawn Stevenson to a 2 year contract 2.5M/Year
    6. Resign Mahinmi for vet min.
    7. Draft John Henson to play back up Center. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_He...8basketball%29

2013 Roster
    Asik or Kaman/Henson/Mahinmi
    Dirk/Jamison/Wright
    Marion/Stevenson
    Carter/West/Jones
    D-Will/West/Beaubois

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu

Mavs Needs

*Defensive center
    *Playmaking
    *Energy/Tempo
    *More shooting

Nash is cheap? He wants 5 mil a year, minimum.

Deron is a strange thing, all of a sudden there is confidence that he is staying in Brooklyn, but all of it is coming from NY sources, and two things bothered me, him not playing the last game, and him being an almost no show now. If he is leaning toward staying, why dissapear?

Still i think he will stay for some reason.... if i had to bet i would easily bet Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.

Well D-Will is trolling again just not sure which fanbase, Nets or Mavs?
    or he's just a rangers fan..

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Deron is a strange thing, all of a sudden there is confidence that he is staying in Brooklyn, but all of it is coming from NY sources, and two things bothered me, him not playing the last game, and him being an almost no show now. If he is leaning toward staying, why dissapear?

Still i think he will stay for some reason.... if i had to bet i would easily bet
    Brooklyn.

Last week he was talking about "We" getting a chance to write a new history in Brooklyn.

If he goes to Dallas then it's because he wants to go home. In which case, he should have opened his mouth to management. Even tho Dallas is a good team, there's no advantage in him going there. They have to change their offense to incorporate him, which is fine. Their offense doesn't fit a dominant PG. Yea, he's good at playing off-ball, but Jason Kidd was at least near his prime when he got there in the middle of 07/08. He was averaging like 13.5PPG and 10.5APG and 8.5RPG...maybe just a little under. And he didn't fit in.

Williams is a better shooter and scorer, as well as being more used to playing in the halfcourt. But that offense is not set up for a PG like him. Which is why I looked at Augustin. Nelson (if he was ever good again), Jennings. Guys like that would fit well. Or a shooter like Curry.

But if I'm Williams, my only reason to go home is to go home.