Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default who was more to blame for Celtics 2010 finals loss? PP, KG or Ray?

I think all three had below average series

KG- after destroying Pau Gasol in 08...Pau came back with vengeance and looked like the much better forward this series. Was it KG wasn't fully back to playing shape after the injury ? Did the presence of Andrew Bynum lessen the load for P.G., taking a huge weight off his shoulder? Either way KG was decent...he still didnt rebound nearly as much as the celtics needed him that series tho. However KG was probably the most consistent Big 3 member on the offense end

Ray- probably the Goat shooter in my opinion had way to many streaky series during his time with the Celtics and this finals series was no different. After setting an NBA finals record in game 2 ..he followed that up with two very very bad games including the Game 7. To his defense, no one on either team made much in game 7. But as one of the best shooters EVER he has higher standards then everyone. Even 1.... 1....made 3 in game 7 could have won them the championship. On the flip side Ray played great defense on Kobe for a majority of that series..as a matter of fact, Ray always seemed to give kobe fits for w.e. reason despite being just an ok defender. So Ray also had some positive and negative moments.

PP- the member that was most needed to win that series. The addition of Ron Arrest was the difference here. Ive never seen any player in NBA history give PP that much trouble and that includes prime lebron. PP couldn't do much with Ron on offense. Ron was stronger and both had about the same foot speed at the time. I think this was the biggest surprise that series bc we knew KG and Ray were susceptible to disappearing acts but we had never seen PP struggle that much offensively. PP still played good defense when asked to defend kobe.

Personally I dont know who would get the majority of the blame. I still think, as good as Rondo was, that the big 3 offensively were hampered more by his presence on offense. Rays spacing was negatively effected bc players were hanging off Rondo. Hanging off Rondo meant an extra defender near PP and KG on the block and elbow...I dont think the celtics every fully operated on all cylinders bc of Rondo.
    Last edited by KayHaven; 08-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: who was more to blame for Celtics 2010 finals loss? PP, KG or Ray?

refs in game 7

Allen was shit in G7, got shut down by Kobe/Fisher

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Allen was shit in G7, got shut down by Kobe/Fisher
    Everyone was shit in game 7. Kobe shot like 4-26.

Weird that you had to blame Rondo because he was probably the finals mvp statswise had the Celtics made a few more baskets.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    refs in game 7
    /thread.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    /thread.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Magic 32 slayed at his own game.

Kobelicious

the answer is... Kobe Bryant

KG was not fully healed (actually he never got fully back to what he was).

Allen banged knees with Fisher (in game 2 I think) and was never the same after that.

I think that Doc Rivers screwed the game up by playing 'Sheed too many minutes. Should have kept him (with Glen Davis) on the bench to keep the rotation intact and started either Scal or Shelden Williams at center. Really, how much worse than Perkins was Williams anyway?

And of course, the refs got whistle happy in the 4th. Had to keep the game close to keep the ratings high.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by KayHaven

KG- after destroying Pau Gasol in 08...Pau came back with vengeance and looked like the much better forward this series. Was it KG wasn't fully back to playing shape after the injury ? Did the presence of Andrew Bynum lessen the load for P.G., taking a huge weight off his shoulder? Either way KG was decent...he still didnt rebound nearly as much as the celtics needed him that series tho. However KG was probably the most consistent Big 3 member on the offense end

Ray- probably the Goat shooter in my opinion had way to many streaky series during his time with the Celtics and this finals series was no different. After setting an NBA finals record in game 2 ..he followed that up with two very very bad games including the Game 7. To his defense, no one on either team made much in game 7. But as one of the best shooters EVER he has higher standards then everyone. Even 1.... 1....made 3 in game 7 could have won them the championship. On the flip side Ray played great defense on Kobe for a majority of that series..as a matter of fact, Ray always seemed to give kobe fits for w.e. reason despite being just an ok defender. So Ray also had some positive and negative moments.

PP- the member that was most needed to win that series. The addition of Ron Arrest was the difference here. Ive never seen any player in NBA history give PP that much trouble and that includes prime lebron. PP couldn't do much with Ron on offense. Ron was stronger and both had about the same foot speed at the time. I think this was the biggest surprise that series bc we knew KG and Ray were susceptible to disappearing acts but we had never seen PP struggle that much offensively. PP still played good defense when asked to defend kobe.

Personally I dont know who would get the majority of the blame. I still think, as good as Rondo was, that the big 3 offensively were hampered more by his presence on offense. Rays spacing was negatively effected bc players were hanging off Rondo. Hanging off Rondo meant an extra defender near PP and KG on the block and elbow...I dont think the celtics every fully operated on all cylinders bc of Rondo.

Pau - 15/10/4 on 50 percent

KG - 18/13/3 on 43 percent

That's considered destroying?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KayHaven

That's an amazing typo.

refs in game 7
    This is primary reason.

After that there were multiple secondary reasons, like Allen couldnt hit anything to save his life; Rondo missing FTs; Perkins injury; KG after injury didnt had any lift in his legs; Doc didnt adjust properly, especially after refs totally changed how they officiated, etc.