Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron: "it will take a few years" is such a lie.

Lebron has this all mapped out for the rest of his career. He's a mastermind GM.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm pretty sure he had talked to Love beforehand too ... as far I know it's not illegal or tampering if the player does it, just if the front office engages in such action directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    This should be obvious to all of you but just to make it clear, he intentionally left out Wiggins and Bennett's names from that letter he wrote because he already knew those would be the pieces that would be potentially traded for Love. With that knowledge, he knew that his team could potentially be Kyrie/Lebron/Love pretty easily, and he may have also known he would have former teammates following him to Cleveland.

Lebron knew 2 months ago if he went to Cleveland his team would be an immediate contender, and if that weren't the case he would never agree to go to Cleveland to begin with.
    And everything I just said is obvious, as soon as I read that letter I realized how clever he thought he was being, I didn't need Bill Simmons or anyone else to point it out.

Lebron winning a ring in Cleveland is great for the city but for his legacy in terms of individual success it is just another ring, and another one where he had a tremendous amount of help.
    So why didn't any other free agent as much as visit Cleveland? Why didn't Melo or Bosh or Wade make the trip up to Ohio and entertain the thought of playing for the soon to be contender Cavs? Why did Deng run out of town ASAP?

And if that was the case, why didn't Love jump at the opportunity 2 months ago to be traded for the No. 1 pick? Surely K. Love knew the Cavs would be contenders?

Does Lebron have some sort of magic powers that allows him to see far into the future that those surrounding Bosh, Wade, Melo don't?

NBA Superstar

How do people who think he was coming back regardless explain him saying like just 6 months ago that he wasn't coming back?

They got Wiggins and it opened the door for a Love trade, so he came back.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    How do people who think he was coming back regardless explain him saying like just 6 months ago that he wasn't coming back?

They got Wiggins and it opened the door for a Love trade, so he came back.
    You keep saying this, yet never provide a quote.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Nah, trade wasn't a lock then and the team won 33 games the year before.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

he's just doing exactly the the opposite of what he did in 2010, from a PR perspective. Nothing wrong in my opinion.