Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default Lebron: "it will take a few years" is such a lie.

This should be obvious to all of you but just to make it clear, he intentionally left out Wiggins and Bennett's names from that letter he wrote because he already knew those would be the pieces that would be potentially traded for Love. With that knowledge, he knew that his team could potentially be Kyrie/Lebron/Love pretty easily, and he may have also known he would have former teammates following him to Cleveland.

Lebron knew 2 months ago if he went to Cleveland his team would be an immediate contender, and if that weren't the case he would never agree to go to Cleveland to begin with. And everything I just said is obvious, as soon as I read that letter I realized how clever he thought he was being, I didn't need Bill Simmons or anyone else to point it out.

Lebron winning a ring in Cleveland is great for the city but for his legacy in terms of individual success it is just another ring, and another one where he had a tremendous amount of help.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron: "it will take a few years" is such a lie.

I don't necessarily think he knew Love was a lock to join the Cavs. It is Cleveland after all. There's no guarantee that players will come there since the city is pretty shitty

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

He said it to take the Heat off.

Remember, he can't handle much pressure.

Learning to shoot layups

Ok? Will u stop crying? It is what it is lol

Oh do tell. Old Great and Powerful. Also, the PowerBall and Mega Millions are getting up there in dollar range, what numbers shall I play this week in order to claim my multi-million dollar winnings?

Banned

LOL the Cavs never sniffed the playoffs in 4 years

You're making it sound like LeBron joined the reigning champs or something

This team has no playoff experience, and is full of kids

a few years is a good approximation

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    He said it to take the Heat off.

Remember, he can't handle much pressure.
    Yeah, what would LeBron know about pressure, right? It's not like he was looked at as the second coming of Jordan since he was in HS or anything.

National High School Star

So when lebron says he will win a title pretty much this year, or next season, in 2010 he gets flamed, and when he says it might take a few years to get a title he gets flamed.

If he didnt mention getting a title he would probably get flamed anyways because it shows his goal is not a title or that he doesn't have the motivation to win a title

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    So when lebron says he will win a title pretty much this year, or next season, in 2010 he gets flamed, and when he says it might take a few years to get a title he gets flamed.

If he didnt mention getting a title he would probably get flamed anyways because it shows his goal is not a title or that he doesn't have the motivation to win a title
    Because the response from him would be "Sorry Cleveland, imma choke away every ring for you until I retire, but don't worry you can still retire my jersey after I'm gone." Cleveland needs the truth.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    Because the response from him would be "Sorry Cleveland, imma choke away every ring for you until I retire, but don't worry you can still retire my jersey after I'm gone." Cleveland needs the truth.
    So what's the truth when no one knows for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    So what's the truth when no one knows for sure?
    That he will choke away every opportunity to contest for a ring, let alone win one in the finals, but his jersey will be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    That he will choke away every opportunity to contest for a ring, let alone win one in the finals, but his jersey will be retired.
    ^ 90-95% chance of being fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    This should be obvious to all of you but just to make it clear, he intentionally left out Wiggins and Bennett's names from that letter he wrote because he already knew those would be the pieces that would be potentially traded for Love. With that knowledge, he knew that his team could potentially be Kyrie/Lebron/Love pretty easily, and he may have also known he would have former teammates following him to Cleveland.

Lebron knew 2 months ago if he went to Cleveland his team would be an immediate contender, and if that weren't the case he would never agree to go to Cleveland to begin with. And everything I just said is obvious, as soon as I read that letter I realized how clever he thought he was being, I didn't need Bill Simmons or anyone else to point it out.

Lebron winning a ring in Cleveland is great for the city but for his legacy in terms of individual success it is just another ring, and another one where he had a tremendous amount of help.
    Are Wiggins and Bennett the only players he didn't mention in that letter, cause if not your entire thread is null and void. NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Are Wiggins and Bennett the only players he didn't mention in that letter, cause if not your entire thread is null and void. NEXT

We all know he left out those specific players without any kind of coincidence right? If he left out Irving in the letter you might have a point.

Lebron knew he was coming to a good situation, admit it and move on...

Next

He left out the players who were going to Minny and talked up the guys like Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Andy V.

Lebron stans, just give up on this one. You mean to tell me he was coming back to Cleveland and they have Wiggins, the number 1 pick in a strong draft and he's not gonna talk about helping develop the kid?

He knew then they were getting Love. This is a joke. He's just a bitch.