Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: So Bran needs Wade, Bosh, Irving & Love to try to do more than Kobe did with Pau

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    didnt know op stanned kobe this hard
    You've been begging for attention..

So here it is.

Default Re: So Bran needs Wade, Bosh, Irving & Love to try to do more than Kobe did with Pau

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    didnt know op stanned kobe this hard
    Pretty close to you and Zachariah eh

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    You've been begging for attention..

So here it is.
    not as hard as you have been by making this thread

You've done that damn near 20,000 times now so it's not like I expect it to change
    Yeah, it's pretty common knowledge around here that, during my five years, almost all of my 20,000 posts have been nothing noteworthy and mostly trolling.

Pau odom and kobe fit together better than james bosh and wade even though the latter team has more talent on paper. Wade and james are basically the same player and bosh isnt a true center and needs touches on offense to really play his game. Whereas pau/odom and kobe is a complete team with elite size and elite guard play and you add the experience of phil jackson and fisher and you are suddenly good to go. Heat were literally the worst rebounding team in the league and had zero interior defense but they still crushed teams so what does that tell you. It's not bran and kirby, it is team basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, it's pretty common knowledge around here that, during my five years, almost all of my 20,000 posts have been nothing noteworthy and mostly trolling.

You finally admit it.

Props

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

you are easily one of the best posters here

Local High School Star

Let's not forget how shitty Kobe's teams have been without Phil Jackson as the coach.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Not only did he say that idiotic statement but he also mentioned the Lakers "catching some breaks"

But made no mention of D Rose injury & Ray Allen..
    Did you read my post?

It clearly says;

"the Lakers caught some lucky breaks as well"

What do you think the "as well" part refers to you ****ing moron?

And...are we really debating the West from 08 through 10 to now???????

The only team in the West capable of beating the Lakers in 08 was the Spurs. And then Manu gets hurt and there is no chance in hell they are winning that series without Manu...and that Spurs team was nowhere near as good as the Thunder, Spurs, or Clippers currently without a healthy Manu.

In 09...the best team they played was the Melo led Nuggets. A fine team, but hardly as good as the current Thunder or Spurs....probably a little worse than the Clippers.

In 10 they beat a really solid Suns team, but again I'd take a handful of teams in the West currently over them.

Really? You have superstars in their primes with loaded teams in the West now...back then it wasn't like this...and the Spurs weren't as good either.

The West was definitely easier from 08 through 10 than it's been from 11 through 14.

I won't bring up what happened to the Lakers the two times they faced a truly elite team from 08 through 11...well, I will....they went 6-11 and got their shit kicked by the Mavs. Probably a Perkins injury away from going 0-3 in those series.

Other than that...it was beating up on good, but not great teams outside the 2010 Celtics (yes...they were really good and the Lakers deserve a lot of credit)...

So lets not sit here and pretend like the Lakers were playing and beating elite competition. The times they played elite competition. They lost two series and squeaked out the other in 7...with the benefit of a lucky break.

So before Kobe fans go all in on Lebron for the last 4 years...take a minute to think.

Spurs in 2008 weren't even better than the Hornets.... San Antonio just shot lights out in that Game 7 and barely came by.

No, Suns were not contenders from 06-10.... Mavericks/Suns/Spurs were forces from 05-07... 08-10 both Mavericks/Spurs fell back a Little, came back stronger... Basically Kobe won right in that time span where both of them didn't contend.

Suns didn't even make the Playoffs in 2009, and were a 1st R exit in '08.

You guys want to talk about competition?

Nuggets 50-32
    Jazz 54-28
    Spurs 56-26 (defending champs; dismantled by Kobe in just 5 games)
    Celtics 66-16 (one of the most stacked teams of all time and the only team Kobe lost to in this time period)

Jazz 48-34
    Rockets 53-29 (they were admittedly banged up)
    Nuggets 54-28
    Magic 59-23

Thunder 50-32
    Jazz 53-29
    Suns 54-28 (absolutely stacked team with prime Nash/Amare with 40% 3 pt shooters all over the court at all times. Their offense was literally unstoppable, so Kobe had to ramp up his scoring in order to win)
    Celtics 50-32

lol at people acting like Kobe benefited from a weak time in the league or something. He was facing 50 win teams in the first round for ****s sake. Meanwhile, Bran was going against the Bucks, Bobcats, 76ers, Knicks, and JV Bulls There was just more parity in the league in those years. The superstars were spread out more evenly. The Lakers were no exception. They were a one superstar team.

The records don't mean anything when the league consisted of different Teams...

Mavericks just won 49 games and were the 8th seed, but put the 2014 Mavericks in the 2008-2010 West, and they're either the 3rd or 4th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    We gonna forget about Phil Jackson, Bynum, Artest, Fisher, Odom?

Best frontcourt in the league with an average height of 7 feet?

Great Rebounding and rim protection

Artest to guard all the wing scorers

That Lakers roster might be the most underrated in the last decade, was stacked to the brim, but these stans like to just say Kobe + Pau
    Do you even math?

From 08 to 10, the only great team that the Lakers beat was the 2010 celtics, and they would have lost it if the refs didnt bail them out in the 4th quarter of game7.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    From 08 to 10, the only great team that the Lakers beat was the 2010 celtics, and they would have lost it if the refs didnt bail them out in the 4th quarter of game7.
    Sure, maybe if you completely ignore facts and records.